Author Topic: Walter Williams: Racist Exam Questions?  (Read 564 times)

rangerrebew

Walter Williams: Racist Exam Questions?
« on: September 18, 2019, 04:47:53 pm »
Walter Williams: Racist Exam Questions?

The U.S. Department of Justice has recently sued the Baltimore County government alleging that its written test for police officer recruits was unfairly biased against black applicants. It turns out that black applicants failed the written test at a rate much greater than white applicants. That results in fewer blacks being trained and hired as police officers. John A. Olszewski Jr., Baltimore County Executive said: "A law enforcement agency should look like the community it serves. As I have said repeatedly since taking office, I am committed to increasing diversity in the county's Police Department."

Baltimore City uses Municipal Police Selection Test. You can examine some sample questions at its website. I'd like to know which of the questions are either unrelated to police work or racist. Many jurisdictions use The National Police Officer Selection Test. You can examine some of the sample questions at its website. Again, I'd like to know which of the questions are unrelated to police work or are racially biased questions. In addition, it has been found that MPST and POST are successful predictors of law enforcement training success and job performance.

Source URL: https://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/walter-e-williams/walter-williams-racist-exam-questions

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Walter Williams: Racist Exam Questions?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 05:33:31 pm »
Using 'racism' to explain poor performance by Black people on all tests of any kind has been going on since the 70s. I heard this decades ago when I was still in school. The example given at that time was, believe it or not, saucers are racist. One of the questions on a placement test said something to the effect:

Tom has 200 saucers.
If Tom breaks 75 saucers,
how many unbroken saucers are left?

The argument made to excuse so many Black people missing this question is that Black people do not use saucers, don't even know what a saucer is, and therefore cannot answer the question. Not to mention the overtly racist nature of the excuse, what will happen when they have to calculate the ubiquitous 'widgets'?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 05:41:19 pm »
Ah the widgets, that’s, that’s where they found the racist, they laughed at me and made jokes, but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt, and with geometric logic, that a "widget" is a dog whistle word.....
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 06:49:04 pm »
Racism is defined as the belief that one race is superior/inferior to another.
Compare the economic and political development of nation/states in
Europe which is white, Asia which is yellow and Africa which is black.
Are some superior/inferior to others?????????
The contrarian assertion, to the belief that one race is superior/inferior to
another, is the assertion that all Men are equal. So allow a question.
Which of these two notions is utter bullshit and which is supported by reality???

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2019, 07:57:13 pm »
Using 'racism' to explain poor performance by Black people on all tests of any kind has been going on since the 70s. I heard this decades ago when I was still in school. The example given at that time was, believe it or not, saucers are racist. One of the questions on a placement test said something to the effect:

Tom has 200 saucers.
If Tom breaks 75 saucers,
how many unbroken saucers are left?

The argument made to excuse so many Black people missing this question is that Black people do not use saucers, don't even know what a saucer is, and therefore cannot answer the question. Not to mention the overtly racist nature of the excuse, what will happen when they have to calculate the ubiquitous 'widgets'?

No one can answer that question anyway, since we don't know how many broken or unbroken saucers there were to start with, nor do we know how many of each Tom broke, or even how many saucers there are to begin with and which ones were broken (Tom may not have all the saucers, and he may not break only his own).
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2019, 07:59:06 pm »
No one can answer that question anyway, since we don't know how many broken or unbroken saucers there were to start with, nor do we know how many of each Tom broke, or even how many saucers there are to begin with and which ones were broken (Tom may not have all the saucers, and he may not break only his own).

It's Schroders Sauser?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2019, 09:05:57 pm »
John A. Olszewski Jr., Baltimore County Executive said: "A law enforcement agency should look like the community it serves. As I have said repeatedly since taking office, I am committed to increasing diversity in the county's Police Department."

So is he saying that incompetent or sub-par officers are needed to server a an incompetent or sub-par community?  How insulting to the people of Baltimore.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2019, 09:18:13 pm »
The crux of the biscuit:

Several years ago, Project Baltimore began an investigation of Baltimore's school system. What they found was an utter disgrace. In 19 of Baltimore's high schools, out of 3,804 students, only 14 of them, or less than 1%, were proficient in math. In 13 of Baltimore's 39 high schools, not a single student scored proficient in math. In five Baltimore City high schools, not a single student scored proficient in math or reading. Despite these academic deficiencies, about 70% of the students graduate and are conferred a high school diploma. A high school diploma attests that the holder can read, write and compute at a 12th-grade level. Obviously, the diplomas conferred on students who have not mastered reading, writing and computing are fraudulent.

And herein lies the problem.  This is the bigotry of low expectations that George W. Bush brought up.  Somehow, black kids are not expected to achieve at a 12th grade level, and it is 'racist' to demand otherwise.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2019, 12:57:31 am »
I would post an image, but it would probably be removed as being "racis'".
So I'll just say the two words:
Bell curve.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2019, 01:06:40 am »
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2019, 04:15:58 am »
So is he saying that incompetent or sub-par officers are needed to server a an incompetent or sub-par community?  How insulting to the people of Baltimore.
According to Olzewski's"logic,"  NBA teams that are located in cities 90% white should have the team's roster filled with 90% white players instead of 80% or 90% black which they are now.
We know that the people who proffer those absurd demands are being disingenuous and simply trying to push forward their insidious plans to force in unqualified minorities at any cost to the citizenry.