Poll

Is McCarthy right this time, Accountability?

Yes
4 (26.7%)
No
6 (40%)
Depends on what the definition of Accountability is
5 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: September 25, 2019, 05:25:14 pm

Author Topic: McCarthy promises accountability as Barr reviews IG’s FISA report: ‘The closest we’ve ever seen to a  (Read 809 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McCarthy promises accountability as Barr reviews IG’s FISA report: ‘The closest we’ve ever seen to a coup’
By Ronn Blitzer | Fox News

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., promised that guilty parties will be held accountable after Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz releases his report on the FBI's alleged abuse of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) in the Russia investigation, and predicted that former bureau leaders James Comey and Andrew McCabe will face criminal charges after what he described as an attempted "coup" to take down President Trump.

The report will address concerns with whether or not the FBI acted improperly in obtaining a FISA warrant to monitor former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page in the early stages of their investigation of Russian election interference and possible Trump campaign connections. The Inspector General's office has already turned over a draft of its findings to Attorney General Bill Barr, and a final report is expected in the near future.

"We came the closest ever to this country having a coup, and now we need accountability," McCarthy told Fox News' "Sunday Morning Futures." "I respect this attorney general so greatly, that the way he has handled this, he believes in accountability, but more importantly, he believes in the rule of law."

When asked if there will really be accountability, McCarthy promised, "Yes."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mccarthy-promises-accountability-as-barr-reviews-igs-fisa-report-the-closest-weve-ever-seen-to-a-coup
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
For our nation's sake, I hope and pray that Congressman McCarthy is 100% correct.  If he isn't, we truly have become just another Banana republic on the face of the earth.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
"What did the President Know, and When did He know it?

Howard Baker, Minority Leader of US Senate.

The equivalent would be if the same question was poseed by the ranking democrat Senator, regarding Obama.

I believe that Obama was responsible, if he knew or not.

You can delegate authority, but you cannot delegate responsibility.

Obama was responsible for actions by Lynch, Comey, McCabe, etc.

They might teach that (Or have once taught that) at the service academies. It is a Business Managemet topic.

It is NOT a Harvard Law or Constitution topic.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online libertybele

Not only accountability but responsibility.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Where's that free beer tomorrow graphic?

Offline jpsb

I'll believe it when I see it.

Offline jpsb

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

And that is a truly sad thing when you think about it.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
By Sara Carter - September 15, 2019

Republican House leader Rep. Kevin McCarthy, R-CA., told Fox New’s Sunday Morning Future‘s host Maria Bartiromo that the origination of the FBI probe into President Donald Trump’s campaign in 2016 and what followed ‘was the closest thing to a coup that anyone has ever seen.”

Moreover, he noted that the actions and evidence gathered regarding many former Obama Administration officials and bureaucrats like former FBI Special Agent Peter Strzok, former FBI Attorney Lisa Page, former CIA Director John Brennan, former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe reveal that they were attempting to frame Trump.

Last week, the District of Columbia U.S. Attorney Jessie Liu recommended moving forward with charges against McCabe. The charges stem from recommendations made by Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz’s report last year that McCabe lied under oath and leaked to the media. McCabe’s lawyers attempts to appeal the decision was rejected by the Deputy Attorney General, a source familiar with the decision told SaraACarter.com last week.

More: https://saraacarter.com/kevin-mccarthy-we-came-closest-ever-to-having-a-coup-and-now-we-need-accountability/

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
 :yowsa: we desperately need accountability and whether or not we get it remains an open question.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline verga

Ding ding ding we have a winner! No more calls please.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.