Author Topic: GOP LAWMAKER: US SHOULDN'T ATTACK ANYBODY ON BEHALF OF SAUDI ARABIA  (Read 420 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Sen. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.) urged the Trump administration on Tuesday to exercise restraint following an attack on Saudi Arabia’s oil supply, saying the U.S. should be mindful of protecting its own interests.

“We shouldn’t attack anybody on behalf of Saudi Arabia for Saudi Arabia’s national interests,” Hawley said during an appearance on Hill.TV.

Hawley argued that the U.S. should instead look to “preserve the security of the American people and the prosperity of our middle class.”

https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/461820-gop-lawmaker-us-shouldnt-attack-anybody-on-behalf-of-saudi-arabia
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

Re: GOP LAWMAKER: US SHOULDN'T ATTACK ANYBODY ON BEHALF OF SAUDI ARABIA
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 09:28:31 pm »
He’s old enough to remember Gulf War I.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 10:16:24 pm »
He’s old enough to remember Gulf War I.

So am I.  And no, we should not be fighting SA's wars for them.  It's their turn.  Do they have a problem with Iran?  I say they sure do, so they need to fix it. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline edpc

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 12:58:14 am »
So am I.  And no, we should not be fighting SA's wars for them.  It's their turn.  Do they have a problem with Iran?  I say they sure do, so they need to fix it.

I don’t necessarily disagree. All I’m saying is there is a precedent. For all the grief the Bush family gets about being in Saudi Arabia’s back pocket, has anybody paid attention to the last few years, under this administration?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2019, 01:09:24 am »

I don’t necessarily disagree. All I’m saying is there is a precedent. For all the grief the Bush family gets about being in Saudi Arabia’s back pocket, has anybody paid attention to the last few years, under this administration?

:shrug:

All I've heard about is Russia, Russia, Russia, Raciss, Raciss, Raciss, Recession, Recession, Recession.  Maybe we would have been better served by a press that looks into things like Saudi Arabia's issues?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2019, 01:18:15 am »
:shrug:

All I've heard about is Russia, Russia, Russia, Raciss, Raciss, Raciss, Recession, Recession, Recession.  Maybe we would have been better served by a press that looks into things like Saudi Arabia's issues?

Yes, the Three R's.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2019, 01:48:58 am »
The Saudis said they can handle it themselves. That could be talk.

Their air defense systems were pointed to the South towards Yemen, these drones and missiles (apparently a mix) flew from the North East it seems.

Russia too, said they'd help the Saudis with an air defense system.

A  few of the stories out there.