Author Topic: Omar responds to family of 9/11 victim who called her out at anniversary ceremony  (Read 355 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Omar responds to family of 9/11 victim who called her out at anniversary ceremony
By Zack Budryk - 09/15/19 11:21 AM EDT

Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) on Sunday responded to a family member of a 9/11 victim who called her out on the anniversary of the attacks, saying she intended to highlight civil rights violations.

“9/11 was an attack on all Americans. It was an attack on all of us, and I certainly could not understand the weight of the pain that the families of the victims of 9/11 must feel,” Omar said on CBS’s “Face the Nation.”

“It’s important for us to make sure that we are not forgetting the aftermath of 9/11, [when] many Americans found themselves now having their civil rights stripped from them, and so what I was speaking to was that as a Muslim, not only was I suffering as an American who was attacked on that day, but the next day I woke up as my fellow Americans were now treating me as suspect,” she added.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/461469-omar-responds-to-family-of-9-11-victim-who-called-her-out

:bs:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
.... the next day I woke up as my fellow Americans were now treating me as suspect,”

Looks like they were correct. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

3000 innocent Americans pulverized and this idiot sees herself as the victim.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
3000 innocent Americans pulverized and this idiot sees herself as the victim.

Well in all fairness to Omar, she did lose 19 of her best friends on 9/11 so lets cut her some slack.... she is still dealing with her grief.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

Well in all fairness to Omar, she did lose 19 of her best friends on 9/11 so lets cut her some slack.... she is still dealing with her grief.

Maybe should could stop feeling sorry for herself long enough to do something useful, like stopping her Somali constituents from beating up white folks.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Ilhan Omar Thinks That She Was the Real Victim on 9/11
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2019, 12:38:31 am »
The eighteenth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks was marked last week and Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) was singled out at a Ground Zero memorial ceremony by the son of one of the people killed by the terrorists that fateful day. Sunday, Omar responded to that during an appearance on CBS's "Face the Nation."

The Hill:

Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) on Sunday responded to a family member of a 9/11 victim who called her out on the anniversary of the attacks, saying she intended to highlight civil rights violations.
“9/11 was an attack on all Americans. It was an attack on all of us, and I certainly could not understand the weight of the pain that the families of the victims of 9/11 must feel,” Omar said on CBS’s “Face the Nation.”

“It’s important for us to make sure that we are not forgetting the aftermath of 9/11, [when] many Americans found themselves now having their civil rights stripped from them, and so what I was speaking to was that as a Muslim, not only was I suffering as an American who was attacked on that day, but the next day I woke up as my fellow Americans were now treating me as suspect,” she added.

She starts off all right, exhibiting a lot more nuance than her infamous, tone-deaf "some people did something" comment about the tragedy. She quickly goes off the rails with the suggestion that the entire country was gripped by mass Islamophobia on September 12th, 2001, however.

This was nothing more than carefully scripted damage control on the part of Omar's handlers and their media accomplices, and she still blew it.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/ilhan-omar-thinks-she-was-the-real-victim-on-9-11/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Ilhan Omar Thinks That She Was the Real Victim on 9/11
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2019, 12:38:58 am »
No you don't Jihad Spice.  No way in hell do you get to play the victim card over 9/11
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline verga

BKMK
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.