Author Topic: Chick-fil-A has more than doubled sales since critics called for boycott  (Read 616 times)

rangerrebew

Chick-fil-A has more than doubled sales since critics called for boycott
by Caitlin Yilek
 | September 20, 2019 10:12 AM

Chick-fil-A has more than doubled its annual sales since gay rights advocates called for a boycott of the chicken chain restaurant after it was revealed nearly a decade ago that the company donated to organizations that opposed same-sex marriage.

In 2018, the company had $10.5 billion in total sales, becoming the third-largest chain in the nation behind Starbucks ($20.5 billion) and McDonald’s ($38.5 billion). It was a 16.7% increase in sales from the year prior.

An analysis credited the growth to a variety of factors, including the opening of nearly 700 more locations in recent years, low start-up costs, and digital sales via delivery apps.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/chick-fil-a-more-than-doubled-sales-since-critics-called-for-boycott

Offline Applewood

Re: Chick-fil-A has more than doubled sales since critics called for boycott
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 12:19:32 pm »
I believe it.  The CFAs in my neck of the woods are chronically packed with customers.  Meanwhile, a nearby McDonalds is practically empty.

God has truly blessed the Cathy family for holding fast to their beliefs. 

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 12:54:32 pm »
One opened near us a few weeks ago and people camped in line overnight for the opening.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 12:54:39 pm »
Not sure what anything has to do with the owners' beliefs.   What they make is a darn fine chicken sandwich.    I've heard it said that their policy of closing on Sundays has helped them retain managers as compared with other fast food chains,  because the policy offers a lifestyle upgrade that translates to loyalty.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline verga

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2019, 01:05:38 pm »
I believe it.  The CFAs in my neck of the woods are chronically packed with customers.  Meanwhile, a nearby McDonalds is practically empty.

God has truly blessed the Cathy family for holding fast to their beliefs.
A CFA, Bojangles and Mickey D's opened within a week of each other near my home. guess which one is packed.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2019, 01:34:09 pm »
What the company needs to complete a record year is for Beto to tell America he will close the stores once he becomes President.

Sales will soar.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2019, 02:07:11 pm »
The "alphabet people" and the woke college morons just don't get it, do they?   

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2019, 02:55:13 pm »
The "alphabet people" and the woke college morons just don't get it, do they?

It's stories like this that give me hope there are more sane people out there than the democommies and their media shills would have us think.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2019, 03:50:26 pm »
It's stories like this that give me hope there are more sane people out there than the democommies and their media shills would have us think.

We have to look at cultural cues like this because the press will never admit how many people think as we do.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2019, 04:04:45 pm »
Not sure what anything has to do with the owners' beliefs.   What they make is a darn fine chicken sandwich.    I've heard it said that their policy of closing on Sundays has helped them retain managers as compared with other fast food chains,  because the policy offers a lifestyle upgrade that translates to loyalty.

Riiiight. That's why the left's war machine has been squarely pointed at CFA... Because of lifestyle upgrades...  *****rollingeyes*****

The REASON CFA is through the roof is first of all product and service, second of all, community outreach and man-on-the-street charitable acts.

But by far and away, what effects those things profoundly is that same thing the Left hates beyond measure. And that is the fact it is a Christian lead organization.

Every single time I am up at Hutton Plaza, I will stop at the CFA and throw money down. And it is the only fast food establishment I will do that for. And I do not see that changing.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2019, 04:30:17 pm »
One opened near us a few weeks ago and people camped in line overnight for the opening.

Probable because most offer the first 50 customers a coupon for one free meal a week for the year. I know my kids camped overnight to get one when the local one opened...
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2019, 04:56:50 pm »
Riiiight. That's why the left's war machine has been squarely pointed at CFA... Because of lifestyle upgrades...  *****rollingeyes*****

The REASON CFA is through the roof is first of all product and service, second of all, community outreach and man-on-the-street charitable acts.

But by far and away, what effects those things profoundly is that same thing the Left hates beyond measure. And that is the fact it is a Christian lead organization.

Every single time I am up at Hutton Plaza, I will stop at the CFA and throw money down. And it is the only fast food establishment I will do that for. And I do not see that changing.

The question isn't why the left's war machine guns for Chick-fil-A.  It's why their sales have doubled.   And the answer to that one is superb fast food and service.

Selfishly,  I'd love for Chick-fil-A to be open on Sundays.   And they'd surely increase sales if they were.   If they choose to honor the Lord with that policy,  then fine.  I was merely suggesting a secular reason why closing on Sundays may lead to more employee loyalty and retention.   And in the fast food biz, employee retention is perhaps the biggest problem these chains have.     This is, I think, a happy circumstance where the owners' religious convictions also serve the purpose of improving the bottom line of the business.   

Offline Applewood

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2019, 05:01:58 pm »

IMHO, it does have to do with the owners' faith in that their faith seems to guide their whole corporate culture and that, in turns, translates into a booming business.    Then Cathys don't just walk around bragging about being Christian; they live it.  As @roamer_1 pointed out, CFA puts out good fast food.  Their employees are courteous and helpful.   I can tell you stories about how they have been extra good to this old bag with a cane.  Every few days you can read about some good deed employees have done.  And despite all the attacks from the LGBTQRST bunch, not one of them has been refused service or otherwise discriminated against. CFA will take your money, serve you good food and treat you right, no matter who or what you are. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2019, 05:05:22 pm »
CFA will take your money, serve you good food and treat you right, no matter who or what you are.

Well, except on Sundays.    :cool:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2019, 05:18:38 pm »
The question isn't why the left's war machine guns for Chick-fil-A.  It's why their sales have doubled.   And the answer to that one is superb fast food and service.

@Jazzhead
Surely their product and service are great. But I think there is a cultural lift going on. And that is massive. But better observed in the negative first... 'Get woke go broke' is pretty true, but that is seldom put in a Christian context. And it SHOULD be put in a Christian context.

Our local Target is gone... I know the owner, and he said specifically that his customers just disappeared after corporate Target's insane bathroom policy. Just *GONE*.

JCPenny still has not recovered from its sojourn into homo-botiquery. You could say that Jane sixpack was who quit going, and you can opine about internet purchasing impacting bricks and mortar - But Penny's themselves know the truth. Their primary shopper was working class moms who are all about Christianity and family and that is what matters to them. While deals and coupons are a part of all that, it is not why they quit going there.

Selfishly,  I'd love for Chick-fil-A to be open on Sundays.   And they'd surely increase sales if they were.

I think you are stone-dead wrong. How refreshing is it to see unapologetic Christianity in the corporate world? How excellent that they actually walk the walk? Not plastic-banana McDonald's playhouse standards, but real Christianity on-the-cuff.

I think if they started opening Sundays, it would hurt them badly. I certainly would curtail my business with them significantly... BECAUSE they quit walking the walk...

And that mind you, from a Christian Messianic who knows Saturday to be the Sabbath.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2019, 05:20:51 pm »
Back in 2012 when this kerfuffle started, there were zero CfAs in Silicon Valley. The nearest was in Fairfield, an hour and a half or so away. Now there are four in regular shopping centers and a fifth in San Jose Int'l Airport. Their locations are usually ranging from crazy-busy during meal times to very busy in between.

I think there is a minor buycott aspect to CfA's success - that and curiosity motivated our first visit - but their service and food are what brings people back. And I think the quality of their service is becoming as well known as their food quality.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2019, 05:26:43 pm »
@Jazzhead
Surely their product and service are great. But I think there is a cultural lift going on. And that is massive. But better observed in the negative first... 'Get woke go broke' is pretty true, but that is seldom put in a Christian context. And it SHOULD be put in a Christian context.

Our local Target is gone... I know the owner, and he said specifically that his customers just disappeared after corporate Target's insane bathroom policy. Just *GONE*.

JCPenny still has not recovered from its sojourn into homo-botiquery. You could say that Jane sixpack was who quit going, and you can opine about internet purchasing impacting bricks and mortar - But Penny's themselves know the truth. Their primary shopper was working class moms who are all about Christianity and family and that is what matters to them. While deals and coupons are a part of all that, it is not why they quit going there.

I think you are stone-dead wrong. How refreshing is it to see unapologetic Christianity in the corporate world? How excellent that they actually walk the walk? Not plastic-banana McDonald's playhouse standards, but real Christianity on-the-cuff.

I think if they started opening Sundays, it would hurt them badly. I certainly would curtail my business with them significantly... BECAUSE they quit walking the walk...

And that mind you, from a Christian Messianic who knows Saturday to be the Sabbath.

Love CFA, but shhhhh......     I sure like Popeye's new sandwich too.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2019, 05:31:26 pm »
IMHO, it does have to do with the owners' faith in that their faith seems to guide their whole corporate culture and that, in turns, translates into a booming business.    Then Cathys don't just walk around bragging about being Christian; they live it.   

That's right. It is one of the few places that support family - Truly support it, by Christian standards. Like you say, it guides their corporate culture, against the normal flow of most corporations.

And it is paying off...

I too am on a kick-stand a lot of the time... I know how they treat duffers  in Christian charity. When I am on my stick, they are even more attentive - offering to step and fetch for me at least three times during my stay. Respecting elders is very evident... Helping others with a handicap get along... A very Christian principle.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2019, 05:34:11 pm »
Love CFA, but shhhhh......     I sure like Popeye's new sandwich too.

Nope. Went on purpose. Was not impressed... Though that may be a local thing... Popeyes is always empty here. But you cain't hardly find parking at CFA any time of day.