Author Topic: The Displaced: When 40,000 desperate Venezuelans hit a tiny island  (Read 223 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The Displaced: When 40,000 desperate Venezuelans hit a tiny island
« on: September 17, 2019, 02:17:53 am »
The Displaced: When 40,000 desperate Venezuelans hit a tiny island

Four million people have fled Venezuela, as the country continues to face economic and political crisis.

40,000 have gone to the small Caribbean islands of Trinidad and Tobago, just seven miles off the coast.

But life isn’t easy for those who arrive, and some locals have made it clear they’re not welcome. The BBC’s Ashley John-Baptiste went to find out more.

Link with video: https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-latin-america-49690353/the-displaced-when-40000-desperate-venezuelans-hit-a-tiny-island

That's true, those small islands of Trinidad and Tobago are very close to Venezuela. I wasn't aware of that.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: The Displaced: When 40,000 desperate Venezuelans hit a tiny island
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 02:46:46 am »
That's true, those small islands of Trinidad and Tobago are very close to Venezuela. I wasn't aware of that.

I knew a lot have gone to Columbia, but Venezuela's a big country and those islands are on the other side of it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: