Author Topic: Joe Walsh: Republican Party a 'Cult'  (Read 208 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Walsh: Republican Party a 'Cult'
« on: September 16, 2019, 08:45:28 pm »
 Theodore Bunker    |   Monday, 16 September 2019 04:16 PM

Former Rep. Joe Walsh, R-Ill., who is running for the Republican presidential nomination, said Monday he has "given up on the Republican Party," because it has become a "cult" that "is all about washing their leaders' feet every day."

Walsh and his fellow challengers for the nomination, former Massachusetts Gov. Bill Weld and former Rep. Mark Sanford, R-S.C., all criticized leaders of the Republican Party for canceling primaries in various states in an op-ed released last Friday in The Washington Post. In an appearance on CNN's "New Day" on Monday, the former congressman was asked what he plans on doing in response to the cancelations.

"We're going to take our campaign directly to Republican voters, and I'll add, in all 50 states, we're going to campaign in all 50 states," Walsh said. "We're going to campaign in South Carolina, Arizona, Nevada, and Kansas, because I believe if we let these Republican voters know that the president of the United States just took away their right to vote, they'll march on the headquarters of their state parties to get that right to vote back."

more
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/joe-walsh-gop-republican-party-primary/2019/09/16/id/932906/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Joe Walsh: Republican Party a 'Cult'
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 08:47:01 pm »
Poor Joe.  He is The Beto O'rourke of the GOP.  A loser.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 08:56:49 pm »
 Theodore Bunker    |   Monday, 16 September 2019 04:16 PM

Former Rep. Joe Walsh, R-Ill., who is running for the Republican presidential nomination, said Monday he has "given up on the Republican Party," because it has become a "cult" that "is all about washing their leaders' feet every day."

Walsh and his fellow challengers for the nomination, former Massachusetts Gov. Bill Weld and former Rep. Mark Sanford, R-S.C., all criticized leaders of the Republican Party for canceling primaries in various states in an op-ed released last Friday in The Washington Post. In an appearance on CNN's "New Day" on Monday, the former congressman was asked what he plans on doing in response to the cancelations.

"We're going to take our campaign directly to Republican voters, and I'll add, in all 50 states, we're going to campaign in all 50 states," Walsh said. "We're going to campaign in South Carolina, Arizona, Nevada, and Kansas, because I believe if we let these Republican voters know that the president of the United States just took away their right to vote, they'll march on the headquarters of their state parties to get that right to vote back."

more
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/joe-walsh-gop-republican-party-primary/2019/09/16/id/932906/

What a clown show.

Those guys are playing right into the hands of the media narrative that every Trump supporter is a knuckle-dragging moron who worships him and believe he can do no wrong.  The vast majority of Trump supporters I know personally are very well aware of his flaws.  Many of us didn't vote him in the 2016 primary, but we voted for him in the general election because for all his flaws, he was miles better than Hillary.  This time around, we support him because we believe that an ugly primary fight would accomplish nothing other than making it easier for a Democrat to win in 2020, a prospect most of us abhor.

Now, maybe some people don't buy that, and believe we must nominate someone else, whatever the cost.  Fine.  But exactly what purpose is served by accusing most Republicans of being cultists?  Since when is insulting potential voters the best way to win their vote?

I don't believe for a moment that Walsh, or Weld, or Sanford believes they have a prayer of winning the nomination -- much less the nomination.  They're not mounting primary challenges to win -- they're doing it simply to make a statement of moral disapproval of Trump, and of the ordinary people/voters who support him.

That's it.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 09:48:06 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 09:12:54 pm »
Poor Joe.  He is The Beto O'rourke of the GOP.  A loser.

Yes, but life's been good to him, so far.
Sorry. Wrong Joe Walsh.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 09:15:19 pm »
My uninformed opinion is that cancelling primaries is not a good thing, BUT the primaries in California are part of a larger statewide, state-paid, election. That said, the decisions to cancel were made by the parties of the several states, not by the national R party, and not by President Trump.

All in all, I really do not see how Walsh thinks calling the Republican Party a "cult" is going to win him Republican votes, even from fellow Never-Trumpers. Walsh's goal, as best I understand it, is to siphon off enough votes from Trump so that the Dem - whoever he or she is - will win. Because I do not think Walsh so deluded as to think he has any chance of becoming President. With that being his goal, insulting the people whose votes he wants to divert seems to be a self-defeating move.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline berdie

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2019, 09:18:17 pm »
My uninformed opinion is that cancelling primaries is not a good thing, BUT the primaries in California are part of a larger statewide, state-paid, election. That said, the decisions to cancel were made by the parties of the several states, not by the national R party, and not by President Trump.

All in all, I really do not see how Walsh thinks calling the Republican Party a "cult" is going to win him Republican votes, even from fellow Never-Trumpers. Walsh's goal, as best I understand it, is to siphon off enough votes from Trump so that the Dem - whoever he or she is - will win. Because I do not think Walsh so deluded as to think he has any chance of becoming President. With that being his goal, insulting the people whose votes he wants to divert seems to be a self-defeating move.

That was my first thought. It made no sense to insult the voting base. But I'm no politician. :shrug:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2019, 09:49:42 pm »

Right -- which is why looking at national polls regarding Trump really don't address the voting patterns in that particular state, and the costs of running a primary/caucus in a state destined to go overwhelmingly for Trump anyway.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2019, 09:51:38 pm »

All in all, I really do not see how Walsh thinks calling the Republican Party a "cult" is going to win him Republican votes, even from fellow Never-Trumpers.

Right.  It would be one thing if one of these guys was approaching it as "hey, Trump has a ton of negatives, and while he's done some good things, he can't win.  I'm an alternative who can." But that's not what they're doing.  It is a full-throated attack on Trump, and by extension those who voted for him.  That is not a strategy that would be adopted by someone whose goal/expectation was to actually win those votes.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2019, 10:02:34 pm »
Frankly, these morons in politics just do not get it.  The reason WHY Trump resonated and blanked out 15 Republican politicians and one physician in 2016 was because he defined the issues for that election year, and was on the right side of those issues, unlike the Democommies, who were compelled to take the opposing side.

And this year, talk about desperation, the Dems are saying some of the craziest things.  Suffice to say, as long as they continue with the bartender's insanity of GND, the Dems do not stand a chance.

Online corbe

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2019, 10:11:44 pm »
   No one from the GOP is any shape to push Humpty Dumpty off his Throne, it's his lock, stock and barrel (to lose).  At this point, Trumps got my vote, 2018 Cruz/Beto scared the $hit out of me.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.