Author Topic: McCabe's counsel presses US attorney on whether grand jury decided not to indict  (Read 524 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McCabe's counsel presses US attorney on whether grand jury decided not to indict
By Olivia Beavers - 09/13/19 12:42 PM EDT

Andrew McCabe's counsel is pressing the Department of Justice on whether a grand jury has declined to press charges against the former FBI deputy director, arguing such a move would cast doubt on the government's case against him.

McCabe lawyer Michael Bromwich wrote a Thursday email to U.S. Attorney for Washington D.C. Jessie Liu citing coverage of the case from The New York Times and The Washington Post and questioning whether a grand jury had declined to vote on an indictment.

"We have no independent knowledge of whether the reporting is accurate but for present purposes we assume that the grand jury may have voted a no true bill," Bromwich wrote, referring to a procedure to dismiss charges.

"[T]he only fair and just result is for you to accept the grand jury's decision and end these proceedings," Bromwich argued in the email, a copy of which was obtained by The Hill.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/461290-mccabes-counsel-presses-us-attorney-to-accept-grand-jury-decision
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
"If the evidence presented by your office was insufficient to convince 12 members of the grand jury to find probable cause to believe that Mr. McCabe had committed any crimes, no attorney can reasonably believe that 'the admissible evidence is sufficient to obtain a guilty verdict by an unbiased trier of fact,'" Bromwich argued. "If the grand jury voted not to approve charges, it did not find probable cause."

Just damn...what is that saying that a Prosecutor can indict a ham sandwich...but just not in DC
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Hoodat

"If the evidence presented by your office was insufficient to convince 12 members of the grand jury to find probable cause to believe that Mr. McCabe had committed any crimes, no attorney can reasonably believe that 'the admissible evidence is sufficient to obtain a guilty verdict by an unbiased trier of fact,'" Bromwich argued. "If the grand jury voted not to approve charges, it did not find probable cause."

Try applying that same conclusion to Donald Trump.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
There was a Grand Jury to determine if McCabe could be Prosecuted?  I must be having a brain fart.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Just damn...what is that saying that a Prosecutor can indict a ham sandwich...but just not in DC

The keyword is CAN @mystery-ak.  If that prosecutor has no interest in getting the indictment the sandwich will walk every time.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McCabe team pressures DOJ to show cards amid grand jury speculation
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mccabe-team-pressures-doj-to-show-cards
Support the USO

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
McCabe team pressures DOJ to show cards amid grand jury speculation
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mccabe-team-pressures-doj-to-show-cards

And BTW:  I don't think the prosecutor is limited just one Grand Jury.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien