Author Topic: ‘Someone’s Gotta Tell the Freakin’ Truth’: Jerry Falwell’s Aides Break Their Silence  (Read 339 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
‘Someone’s Gotta Tell the Freakin’ Truth’: Jerry Falwell’s Aides Break Their Silence
More than two dozen current and former Liberty University officials describe a culture of fear and self-dealing at the largest Christian college in the world.

By BRANDON AMBROSINO September 09, 2019

At Liberty University, all anyone can talk about is Jerry Falwell Jr. Just not in public.
“When he does stupid stuff, people will mention it to others they consider confidants and not keep it totally secret,” a trusted adviser to Falwell, the school’s president and chancellor, told me. “But they won’t rat him out.”

That’s beginning to change.
Over the past year, Falwell, a prominent evangelical leader and supporter of President Donald Trump, has come under increasing scrutiny. News outlets have reported on business deals by Liberty University benefiting Falwell’s friends. Trump’s former personal attorney Michael Cohen claimed that he had helped Falwell clean up racy “personal” photographs.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/09/09/jerry-falwell-liberty-university-loans-227914

Oh boy I can see why this guy dropped Ted Cruz like a hot potato.  Head of the biggest Christian University.   Wow.

****sheep****
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
An interesting angle.

Falwell Bad,

Fallwell supports Trump,

And therefore as always "Orqnge Man Bad."

or in reverse

"Orange Man Bad,"Falwell suports Orange Man,

therefore Fallwell Bad.

Getyour top Evangelical news from Politico.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 09:10:39 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Oh boy I can see why this guy dropped Ted Cruz like a hot potato.  Head of the biggest Christian University.   Wow.

****sheep****

Like your so perfect, with all your campaigning against Trump, Christians may well still be under attack if we had your way and the ISIS Caliphate in power in Iraq and Syria,  no thanks to you.

We helped stop genocide in the ME, no thanks to you.

We've taken concrete steps against Planned Parenthood, again, no thanks to you.

****slapping
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 09:14:28 pm by TomSea »

Offline roamer_1

‘Someone’s Gotta Tell the Freakin’ Truth’: Jerry Falwell’s Aides Break Their Silence

Falwell's foibles have been known long before he hooked up with Tumpy the Clown.
His endorsement may well prove a negative. It certainly was for me.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
GOP candidates are now returning their campaign contributions from a white supremacist group

The campaigns of Sens. Rand Paul (R-Kentucky) and Ted Cruz (R-Texas) said Monday that they will forfeit thousands of dollars given to them by Earl Holt III, the president of Council of Conservative Citizens.

https://www.businessinsider.com/ted-cruz-rand-paul-return-white-supremacist-campaign-contributions-2015-6

It's easy to sling mud.

And the flesh is weak, honestly, are all so perfect?? Did Falwell break some law, commit some crime?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 09:24:08 pm by TomSea »

Offline Chosen Daughter

An interesting angle.

Falwell Bad,

Fallwell supports Trump,

or in reverse

therefore Fallwell Bad.

Well I have gone directly to the twitter of Jerry Falwell Jr.  And there isn't anything about God there.  Unfortunately Trump is tied to Jr. and Jr is tied to Trump.  Don't trust me.  You can do the same and see if you can find anything Evangelical on the twitter feed.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
An interesting angle.

Falwell Bad,

Fallwell supports Trump,

or in reverse

therefore Fallwell Bad.

So merely by supporting Trump, it inoculates one from all bad acts they may have committed or from just being a douche. Good to know. "All Hail Trump!" (I'm now beyond all criticism). 

BTW - not from Politico:

Jerry Falwell Jr.’s emails denigrating Liberty University students revealed

https://nypost.com/2019/09/13/jerry-falwell-jr-s-emails-denigrating-liberty-university-students-revealed/

So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause