Author Topic: Make No Mistake: The GOP is Losing Texas  (Read 128 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Make No Mistake: The GOP is Losing Texas
« on: September 13, 2019, 01:20:27 pm »
September 13, 2019
Make No Mistake: The GOP is Losing Texas
By Joshua Foxworth

To date, five congressmen from Texas have resigned instead of seeking re-election in 2020. Their resignations signal two things from GOP leadership. The first is the realization that Texas is now lost. The second is that this loss is due entirely to the changing demographics resulting from legal and illegal immigration.

The five congressmen that have resigned are Bill Flores (17th), Will Hurd (23rd), Pete Olson (22nd), Kenny Marchant (24th), and Mike Conaway (11th). Of these five, Congressman Conaway is unique in that his district will likely remain red for some time. He has not faced an opponent in numerous election cycles.

Congressman Hurd’s district 23 has always been very competitive with the victors winning the general elections by an average of about 1% in the last three elections. The district follows the border with Mexico, and it is a bit surprising that Republicans have been able to get elected at all considering it is 24% white and 69% Hispanic.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/09/make_no_mistake_the_gop_is_losing_texas.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Make No Mistake: The GOP is Losing Texas
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 01:48:01 pm »
 ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien