Author Topic: Texas GOP lawmaker reported to FBI after O'Rourke AR-15 tweet  (Read 253 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Texas GOP lawmaker reported to FBI after O'Rourke AR-15 tweet
« on: September 13, 2019, 01:10:11 pm »
Texas GOP lawmaker reported to FBI after O'Rourke AR-15 tweet
By Aris Folley - 09/13/19 08:37 AM EDT

A Texas state lawmaker was reported to the FBI after he tweeted that his “AR is ready” for former Rep. Beto O’Rourke (D-Texas) after the Democratic presidential hopeful said during Thursday night's Democratic debate that he would confiscate the weapons if he wins the White House.
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/461248-texas-gop-lawmaker-reported-to-fbi-after-orourke-ar-15-tweet

In the tweet, which was deleted by Friday morning, state Rep. Briscoe Cain (R) wrote: “My AR is ready for you Robert Francis.” O'Rourke's birth name is Robert Francis O'Rourke.

A spokesperson for O'Rourke told The Guardian that his campaign reported the post to the FBI. His campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment from The Hill.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/461248-texas-gop-lawmaker-reported-to-fbi-after-orourke-ar-15-tweet
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

Re: Texas GOP lawmaker reported to FBI after O'Rourke AR-15 tweet
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 01:31:34 pm »
@mystery-ak

Hmm, not sure what I think about this.  Surely the Texas Representative did not intend that as a threat - however we are not in his head - what if he did mean it?  One can be a killer even though he has a high office.  Out of great caution, then, the FBI should "visit" the man.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 01:37:57 pm »
I take that it was just a suggestion for, if the impossible actually happened and Beto became president, Beto to come and take his AR15 first. He'll have to start somewhere. He was just suggesting a place to start.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 02:05:29 pm »
I think Cain was taunting the skateboarding loser. As for the campaign tattling on him-ridiculous.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 06:05:48 pm »
The words "is ready" means that it would be Bobby making the attack, not state Rep. Briscoe Cain. IOW, it is Bobby the Fauxican who needs a visit from the FBI, for threatening violent theft, not Cain. I hope Cain made those points and requested that Bobby get an FBI visit.

Push BACK!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2019, 06:11:25 pm »
Under draconian "Red Flag" laws they could take Rep Cain's guns.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2019, 08:29:11 pm »
The words "is ready" means that it would be Bobby making the attack, not state Rep. Briscoe Cain. IOW, it is Bobby the Fauxican who needs a visit from the FBI, for threatening violent theft, not Cain. I hope Cain made those points and requested that Bobby get an FBI visit.

Push BACK!

goopo
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2019, 08:33:08 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2019, 08:34:15 pm »
@mystery-ak

Hmm, not sure what I think about this.  Surely the Texas Representative did not intend that as a threat - however we are not in his head - what if he did mean it?  One can be a killer even though he has a high office.  Out of great caution, then, the FBI should "visit" the man.

Oh, that is baloney and you know it.  The liberals are promoting these comments made in jest.  I think we could all say that because we have a constitutional right to bear arm. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.