Author Topic: Ban on Eating Dogs and Cats Blocked in UK — It Might Offend Asian Migrants  (Read 389 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ban on Eating Dogs and Cats Blocked in UK — It Might Offend Asian Migrants
Jim Hoft by Jim Hoft September 16, 2019

The ban on eating dogs and cats was recently blocked in the UK.
It might offend Asian migrants.

ummit News reported:

A legal ban on eating dogs and cats in the UK has been blocked over fears it might offend people from South-East Asian countries.

Yes, really.

After a bill was drawn up to make possession of dog or cat meat illegal in the UK, civil servants stepped in to halt the move.

Tory MP Giles Watling was later told that the main reason the Ministry of Justice blocked the bill was over fears it would be seen as “culturally insensitive” to dictate to other countries what they could eat, despite the fact that it would have no impact whatsoever on South-East Asian countries where dog and cat meat is consumed.

“Dogs are our companion animals. We do not eat them, and that is a very important message to send to the rest of the world,” said Watling

“It’s not culturally insensitive because we’re not telling them what to do – we’re just telling them what we do,” he added, noting that he was “surprised” by the MoJ’s objection.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/09/ban-on-eating-dogs-and-cats-blocked-in-uk-it-might-offend-asian-migrants/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online roamer_1

“Dogs are our companion animals. We do not eat them, and that is a very important message to send to the rest of the world,” said Watling

Huh. So am I the only guy here that's eaten both?  :whistle:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Huh. So am I the only guy here that's eaten both?  :whistle:

@roamer_1

=
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 11:57:34 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

I've seen a pic from an open-air meat stall in SE China. Those may have looked like skinned and dressed cousins of Bugs, but they were Rover's cousins. My daughter didn't sample the canine cuisine, but has said that yakburger is pretty tasty and yak yogurt can be pretty good, too.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1

I ain't ate proper dog, but I have ate fox and coyote. Same thing.
And while I have ate house cat one time (unknowing) I have ate bobcat and cougar on purpose... Same thing again.  :shrug:

Different now, of course, being somewhat kosher.. but meat is meat without that.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Not keen on trying dog/cat anytime soon, but it is NONE of anyone's business what I eat or what anyone else eats.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online roamer_1

Not keen on trying dog/cat anytime soon, but it is NONE of anyone's business what I eat or what anyone else eats.

Dog tastes a lot like coon.
cat, well, cougar, lynx, or bobcat anyway, is kinda like pork in flavor, but can be very dry... and the texture is off - In fact that is the most remarkable thing ... the musculature is kinda divided hexogonally which affects the feel of it substantially.