Author Topic: Conservative Christians, feminists unite to fight transgender rights in Australia  (Read 168 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Conservative Christians, feminists unite to fight transgender rights in Australia
By Rachel Savage Reuters

Conservative Christians and feminist campaigners may seem unlikely bed fellows – but the two groups have found common cause when it comes to blocking transgender rights in Australia.

Both argue that trans women pose a risk to women and children in changing rooms, toilets and rape shelters, in a microcosm of an increasingly vicious culture war that is being waged across the developed English-speaking world.

Some feminists fear trans women will jeopardize their hard-won gains, while religious conservatives from San Francisco to Sydney say people who transition gender go against God’s will.

Read more at: https://globalnews.ca/news/5891672/christians-feminists-australia-transgender-fighting/

The article goes on to mention that the Trans lobby is being perceived as starting to get too much power for their numbers.

The article also goes on to mention some murders against the Trans community.  Odd that they'd be singled out for that to me, but they are and this happens in a few places. Of course, that is wrong too.

Offline PeteS in CA

Feminists have figured out that not all claiming to be "Trans" really are, and they are a rape/voyeurism hazard in women's changing rooms, restrooms, locker rooms, and domestic violence shelters? Too bad they didn't realize/admit that obvious fact 5 or 10 years ago when it was an issue here in the US.

I suspect the "realization" came when "Trans" men started demanding to be allowed into domestic violence shelters, not after girls and women experienced abuse in changing rooms, restrooms, and locker rooms. IOW, when a feminist sacred cow got gored.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline musiclady

This is good news!

The fight for women's sports was long and hard, and now the tran degeneracy is blowing it all up.

If ever there was a common goal it's people who stand up for the right of women to participate in sports only against women.

That's what the fight was all about in the first place.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline roamer_1

That's what the fight was all about in the first place.

Oh the irony, eh?

Offline musiclady

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.