Poll

What do you think the United States should do in Afghanistan?

Maintain the status quo.  We're keeping terrorism down, why change now?
0 (0%)
Do a "Shock and Awe" and win the war.
5 (17.9%)
Pull out all of our troops - preferrably tomorrow.
9 (32.1%)
Exit, but do so in a slower, controlled manner, leaving nothing for the Taliban to exploit.
9 (32.1%)
Other - please explain in a comment.
5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: September 14, 2019, 05:34:49 pm

Author Topic: What should happen in Afghanistan?  (Read 3177 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: What should happen in Afghanistan?
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2019, 02:58:46 pm »
Nuke them.

Would anybody be able to tell the difference after?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2019, 11:03:16 pm »
Nuke them.

"Nuking them" is sorta what you want to do. Since most of the worst, and thus the ones that need to be killed first, live in caves, the chance of "nuking" them is low.

So the better idea is to irradiate them.

The rule for nuclear explosions is 7 times 7 times 7. After 7 hours, 90% of the radioactivity is gone. After 49 hours, 99%. After 2 weeks, 99.9%.

Instead of burying our nuclear waste in Nevada, dump it on F ghanistan.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Absalom

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2019, 11:34:06 pm »
Read a book on military history and repeat what Alexander did!!!

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2019, 01:31:47 am »
Some things to know.  When George Bush left office in 2009, ISIS controlled six provinces in Afghanistan.

I am a Trump supporter, but he continues to blatantly lie about the conquering of ISIS.  Simply not true.  What they did is run from Syria and land in other countries.  There are at least 16-18 countries with a strong base of ISIS in it, including Afghanistan.  They controlled six provinces in 2009 when Bush left office, I do not know how much they control today...more most certainly.

Taliban and ISIS and el Qaeda are all in league with one another.  We pull out, they re-establish Afghanistan as a training ground for future terrorists.

So, there is one word that tells it all. 

V  A  N  Q  U  I  S  H

We need to vanquish ISIS, el Qaeda, etc to such an extreme, that they do NOT reappear in the next 50 years.

So, what am I suggesting?  Well, we know what provinces are controlled by ISIS in Afghanistan.  We destroy every town, city, village.  Use as many MOAB bombs as necessary to destroy every city, town, village controlled by ISIS.

George Bush was an idiot, wasting treasury and the blood of our youth ON THE GROUND.  He could have destroyed Afghanistan from the air, but he was a puppet of the military industrial complex.  He granted government contracts worth tens if not hundreds of billions to Haliburton with NO COMPETITION, Cheney's company he was CEO prior to becoming VP.  Corruption never answered for.

The reason Gen George Patton and Admiral William Halsey were beloved during WWII was because they got it.  They understood the ONLY way to win a war was to vanquish your enemy.  Both held the opinion the only good German or good Jap was a dead one.  In fact, Halsey in a speech in 1943 said, 'the only good Jap is a Jap that has been dead six months or more.  In a country that supports the military as they do in Japan, the only good Jap civilian is a Jap civilian that has been dead six months or more'. 

That's why Bush and Petreas were/are idiots.  You do not vanquish an enemy by winning their hearts and minds.  Ugggh  You win by killing enough that they are no longer a problem.  We do not have that in Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria, et al.  We have created sovereignties that will be a major nightmare in time for the western world.

Even John Bolton did not espouse this mindset.  He was a spokesperson for the military industrial complex.  He did not have as a goal the complete vanquishing of the enemy.

Bottomline, kill every last mother's son of them, or fight them again one day in the future.  That is the choice.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2019, 02:15:58 am »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2019, 02:42:09 am »
They beat ISIS in Iraq, the freaking Iraqi government said so.

USA led coalition with our SDF support on the ground and our air strikes by the coalition, sure as hell as won the ISIS capitol of Syria, Raqqa, won the Syrian North, Kurdistan, Rojava...

And if you are saying we didn't beat ISIS cause they pulll off a bomb attack in Europe somewhere or are in the Sinai, Afghanistan, then, I've got serious problems with your definition of victory if it entails going into every backwater to track them down.

Like we have in Africa.

Iraq government declared them defeated, they thanked us for our conribution.

That's all she wrote on that question, we must remain vigilant and probably should remain in some of these places, we are going to in Iraq into the foreseeable future.

That's no freaking lie. Sheesh.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 02:50:42 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2019, 02:49:43 am »
Some things to know.  When George Bush left office in 2009, ISIS controlled six provinces in Afghanistan.

Right off the bat, you mean the Taliban, not flipping ISIS in 2009 in Afghanistan, gee.

Well, we know what provinces are controlled by ISIS in Afghanistan.  We destroy every town, city, village.  Use as many MOAB bombs as necessary to destroy every city, town, village controlled by ISIS.

You mean Taliban, how many times,

T A L I B A N

No big deal, sometimes, we have to search for words.... I don't think you mentioned Taliban once in your comment,

ISIS in Afghanistan control very little land.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2019, 03:08:00 am »
Afghanistan: Who controls what
Nearly 18 years after the fall of the Taliban in 2001, the armed group is still active across war-torn Afghanistan.

Alia Chughtai | 24 Jun 2019 05:24 GMT | Asia, Afghanistan, Taliban, Humanitarian crises, War & Conflict

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/interactive/2016/08/afghanistan-controls-160823083528213.html/

So, as of June 23, 2019 as the map says, No ISIS mentioned, I don't know if can be said they control anything, maybe they are just a menace.  I thought they were in some far corner of the country.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2019, 03:10:47 am »
Right off the bat, you mean the Taliban, not flipping ISIS in 2009 in Afghanistan, gee.

You mean Taliban, how many times,

T A L I B A N

No big deal, sometimes, we have to search for words.... I don't think you mentioned Taliban once in your comment,

ISIS in Afghanistan control very little land.

I don't know that it matters what name they go by. Recruits from places all over the world. Mix and match. They are all the same.

:shrug:

Offline TomSea

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2019, 03:21:41 am »
I don't know that it matters what name they go by. Recruits from places all over the world. Mix and match. They are all the same.

:shrug:

Do you call the Italians and the Germans the same for World War II? The Fascsts and the Nazis as the same. I guess, if one is using this kind of reasoning, then it is.

Yeah, say ISIS controlled parts of Afghanistan in 2009 before there was an ISIS, makes sense.

And no, the Taliban is not ISIS.

Skipper

« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2019, 03:25:57 am »
ISIS and the Taliban are enemies as of now.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2019, 11:53:41 am »
Do you call the Italians and the Germans the same for World War II? The Fascsts and the Nazis as the same. I guess, if one is using this kind of reasoning, then it is.

Yeah, say ISIS controlled parts of Afghanistan in 2009 before there was an ISIS, makes sense.

And no, the Taliban is not ISIS.

A wolf is a wolf is what I am saying. The Taliban pack fighting the ISIS pack doesn't mean they are different animals.

http://www.wolfsongnews.org/news/Alaska_current_events_3015.html

Destroying both groups won't really change things. Another group, or groups, are waiting in the wings to take up the reins. Different name-same animal.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2019, 07:29:10 pm »
Let's be clear, I am NOT confusing the two.

I get a lot of info on security worldwide from Stratfor.  Here is a recent article by them, and it does not appear ISIS is defeated.  I believe it was Stratfor that had the assessment in January, 2009 that ISIS controlled six provinces in Afghanistan.  I am not making this up!!!!!!!

https://www.stratfor.com/article/tracking-jihadist-movements-2019-islamic-state

Tomsea...you do not have the ability to discern the difference between winning a battle versus winning a war?

The Japanese thought a major blow to the USA at Pearl Harbor would knock us out from the get go.  Trump has delivered a Pearl Harbor blow to ISIS in Iraq and Syria, and yet they are established in many other countries.  We pull out of Afghanistan, ISIS will rise like a Phoenix and control much of the country over night.