Author Topic: The conquest and conversion of conservatism (Eric Buss)  (Read 140 times)

Offline corbe

The conquest and conversion of conservatism (Eric Buss)
« on: September 10, 2019, 04:55:09 pm »
The conquest and conversion of conservatism

by Guest Contributor • September 10, 2019

Guest Contributor: Eric Buss, Writer for Pissed Off Conservative

In addition to my passion for political oversight, it may be no surprise that I am also something of a cinefile. While the film Chronicles of Riddick gave us such a memorable line as “It’s been a long time since I smelled beautiful,” delivered by none other than the amped up action hero Vin Diesel, it also provided a scene analogous to the impact Donald Trump has had on the Republican Party.

A race of beings known as necromongers led by their godlike Lord Marshal, decimate the planet Helion Prime in one night. The inhabitants of the planet are portrayed as a peaceful and religiously pious people, hence the inability to form a meaningful resistance. In the aftermath, Lord Marshal demands that they convert to the necromonger religion and submit to his will.

At this point, the quasi-evangelist known as the Purifier sermonizes them to adopt the necromonger way. Murmurs of dissent erupt, and one steps forward from among the attendees to challenge Lord Marshal’s proposal. In a demonstration of his supernatural powers, the half-dead emperor quickly rips the soul from the man’s body as he drops dead to the floor with an expression of awe on his face. And as we pan the room, the gathering of people begin to kneel one by one in the face of such overwhelming dominance.

That concludes this excursion into Hollywood’s brief blockbuster.

<..snip..>

https://www.stridentconservative.com/the-conquest-and-conversion-of-conservatism/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: The conquest and conversion of conservatism (Eric Buss)
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 01:49:31 am »
I prefer the term "traditional-minded American" to the moniker of "conservative".

Too many claiming they are "conservatives" are doctrinaire and seem to prefer arguing about "what is truly conservative" to actually doing things to preserve "traditional America"...

They are as useless as "libertarians", who are of next-to-no value politcally at all.