Author Topic: From Marvel to 'Mosul': Russo brothers embark on global mission  (Read 381 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
From Marvel to 'Mosul': Russo brothers embark on global mission
« on: September 10, 2019, 02:53:20 am »
From Marvel to 'Mosul': Russo brothers embark on global mission
[AFP News]   Andrew MARSZAL    AFP News9 September 2019

Directors Joe (L) and Anthony Russo directed the biggest blockbuster movie of all time

When you have just directed the biggest blockbuster movie of all time, you earn the clout to dictate terms with even the highest executives in Hollywood.

But for the Russo brothers, it also raised a question that would be familiar to the superheroes of "Avengers: Endgame" -- what to do next with all that power?

First up is "Mosul," which dramatizes the true story of Iraqi police's Nineveh SWAT team fighting to recapture their home city from the Islamic State group in 2017.

Read more at: https://sg.news.yahoo.com/marvel-mosul-russo-brothers-embark-global-mission-012133506.html

First movie I know of about ISIS per se... sounds good. Okay, they say they had the biggest blockbuster movie of all time in "The Avengers: Endgame". Sounds over the top and promotional to me. But this movie "Mosul" I'll certainly be standing in line for.  Sounds good.

Per the article, they are from Cleveland.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 02:54:17 am by TomSea »