Author Topic: One America News Network Files $10 Million Defamation Lawsuit Against MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow  (Read 1057 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
One America News Network Files $10 Million Defamation Lawsuit Against MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow
Debra Heine
- September 9th, 2019

One America News Network (OANN) filed a $10 million defamation lawsuit Monday against MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow, alleging that the host “maliciously and recklessly” suggested on the air that the conservative news channel is a paid Russian state propaganda outlet.

In addition to Maddow, OANN is suing MSNBC, Comcast Corporation and NBC Universal for defamation.

Maddow based her claims on a Daily Beast report alleging that OANN’s Kristian Rouz is a “Russian national on the payroll of the Kremlin’s official propaganda outlet, Sputnik.”

After pointing out that President Trump has promoted OANN because he likes it better than Fox News, Maddow exclaimed, “we literally learned today that the outlet that the president is promoting shares staff with the Kremlin!”

She added that it’s easy in the Trump era to accuse pro-Trump media of being Russian propaganda, “but in this case, the most obsequiously pro-Trump right-wing news outlet in America, really, literally is paid Russian propaganda!” Maddow breathlessly told her MSNBC audience. “Their on-air U.S. politics reporter is paid by the Russian government to produce propaganda for that government.”

more
https://amgreatness.com/2019/09/09/one-america-news-network-files-10-million-defamation-lawsuit-against-msnbcs-rachel-maddow/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Gee, Last week MSNBC's Larry O'Donnell said: 'I Was Wrong' about a fake claim.  Looks Like the little boy Madow will be forced too also.

Nice network they have over their.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
...suggested on the air that the conservative news channel is a paid Russian state propaganda outlet.

Maddow based her claims on a Daily Beast report alleging that OANN’s Kristian Rouz is a “Russian national on the payroll of the Kremlin’s official propaganda outlet, Sputnik.”

To say they, OANN,  are a "paid Russian state propaganda" is surely false,  if it comes down to that question, Maddow should lose, now, would it be worth a lot of money? I don't know.

OANN can have leanings I disagree with but it doesn't mean that they are on Moscow's payroll.

Offline OfTheCross

One America News Network Files $10 Million Defamation Lawsuit Against MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow
Debra Heine
- September 9th, 2019

One America News Network (OANN) filed a $10 million defamation lawsuit Monday against MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow, alleging that the host “maliciously and recklessly” suggested on the air that the conservative news channel is a paid Russian state propaganda outlet.

In addition to Maddow, OANN is suing MSNBC, Comcast Corporation and NBC Universal for defamation.

After pointing out that President Trump has promoted OANN because he likes it better than Fox News, Maddow exclaimed, “we literally learned today that the outlet that the president is promoting shares staff with the Kremlin!”

She added that it’s easy in the Trump era to accuse pro-Trump media of being Russian propaganda, “but in this case, the most obsequiously pro-Trump right-wing news outlet in America, really, literally is paid Russian propaganda!” Maddow breathlessly told her MSNBC audience. “Their on-air U.S. politics reporter is paid by the Russian government to produce propaganda for that government.”

more
https://amgreatness.com/2019/09/09/one-america-news-network-files-10-million-defamation-lawsuit-against-msnbcs-rachel-maddow/

Hmm...I don't know if this is going to actually amount to anything for OANN. It's probably going to just be free publicity
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline OfTheCross

To say they, OANN,  are a "paid Russian state propaganda" is surely false,  if it comes down to that question, Maddow should lose, now, would it be worth a lot of money? I don't know.

OANN can have leanings I disagree with but it doesn't mean that they are on Moscow's payroll.

She didn't say OANN was, she specifically said that reporter. That's why she might get off
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I hope OANN cleans MSNBC's clock but I doubt it since they must prove willful malice.

OANN is the only place on TV that I'm aware of where you can get straight news reporting.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

I dunno - part of me wants the see some standards of truth finally enforced in the news media but another part thinks that drawing any attention to this Maddow guy's failing show show will probably be counter productive.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I hope OANN cleans MSNBC's clock but I doubt it since they must prove willful malice.

OANN is the only place on TV that I'm aware of where you can get straight news reporting.

Isn't MSNBC's stock-in-trade willful malice? Asking for a friend.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline jpsb

"but in this case, the most obsequiously pro-Trump right-wing news outlet in America, really, literally is paid Russian propaganda!"

OAN has a very good case, "literally is" leaves very little wiggle room.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Hmm...I don't know if this is going to actually amount to anything for OANN. It's probably going to just be free publicity

Wrong again.  Madcow cast a taint on the whole of OANN.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Wrong again.  Madcow cast a taint on the whole of OANN.

She sullied their reputation. Willfully and with malice.   And with the consent of the network.  I say B-B-Q their asses in molasses.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline roamer_1

Yeah... That'll amount to about four bucks and a box of Fruit Loops...

Wish I could get at them. Anyone got an internet stream (free)?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 04:07:12 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline thackney

https://www.klowdtv.com/home.ktv

Whoops, that is only a free trial.

https://www.oann.com/wheretowatch/
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 04:13:47 pm by thackney »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline roamer_1

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yeah... That'll amount to about four bucks and a box of Fruit Loops...

I watch it on my Fire stick, comes "free" with Amazon Prime.  I don't think that answers your question....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

I watch it on my Fire stick, comes "free" with Amazon Prime.  I don't think that answers your question....

Thanks. I won't pay for that either... I have part of a Neflix family account that costs me 60 bucks a year - that's all I am paying for. We are considering sharing an AP account, but not yet..

But good to know - My main supplier for computer parts just pissed me off, and I am ordering from Amazon in the interim... If I can't get into a distributorship somewhere else, that might make me do Amazon Prime anyway for the shipping.   :beer:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Thanks. I won't pay for that either... I have part of a Neflix family account that costs me 60 bucks a year - that's all I am paying for. We are considering sharing an AP account, but not yet..

But good to know - My main supplier for computer parts just pissed me off, and I am ordering from Amazon in the interim... If I can't get into a distributorship somewhere else, that might make me do Amazon Prime anyway for the shipping.   :beer:

We got our Prime account because of the shipping, the Fire applications came included in the package, hence the scare quotes around "free."   :beer:
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

We got our Prime account because of the shipping, the Fire applications came included in the package, hence the scare quotes around "free."   :beer:

But I can get at it through a browser, right?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
But I can get at it through a browser, right?

I don't know.  Never tried it.  I can watch apps for the Fire in a browser, in addition to watching it on the Fire, but I don't know if that means it can be seen without a Prime account.   :shrug: 

Try it and see...go to Amazon, look up OANN and see if there's a "Watch it Now" button.
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

I don't know.  Never tried it.  I can watch apps for the Fire in a browser, in addition to watching it on the Fire, but I don't know if that means it can be seen without a Prime account.   :shrug: 

Try it and see...go to Amazon, look up OANN and see if there's a "Watch it Now" button.

No, you answered my question. My TV is on a Windows box, and I don't want the app or the stick. I watch through a browser in Windows. And you have declared that with a subscription I can access through a browser. That's all I need.
 888high58888

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
No, you answered my question. My TV is on a Windows box, and I don't want the app or the stick. I watch through a browser in Windows. And you have declared that with a subscription I can access through a browser. That's all I need.
 888high58888

Don't sign up on my say-so.  Prime's $100/year.
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

Don't sign up on my say-so.  Prime's $100/year.

Right. Like I said, shipping.
But OANN would be the cherry on top.

And I know 'Justified' is over there too... One of my favorite series...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Right. Like I said, shipping.
But OANN would be the cherry on top.

And I know 'Justified' is over there too... One of my favorite series...

You shouldn't rule getting a Fire stick out.  They're inexpensive and you can get everything Amazon Prime offers for TV.  Here in my Master Bedroom I could not get Cable TV without spending a lot to run the Coax, so I just set up the Fire stick and stream everything I would have watched on cable.

https://smile.amazon.com/Fire-TV-Stick-Previous-Generation/dp/B00ZV9RDKK/ref=sxin_2_ac_d_rm?ac_md=2-1-ZmlyZXN0aWNrIHR2IHN0aWNrIDJuZCBnZW5lcmF0aW9u-ac_d_rm&crid=3HRKW2LNNTKLV&keywords=fire+stick+tv&pd_rd_i=B00ZV9RDKK&pd_rd_r=c970c9cb-0c77-4c4a-8f86-bb784c72c37f&pd_rd_w=uLz26&pd_rd_wg=9ahW8&pf_rd_p=d29bc9bc-49e2-46b8-bc05-387917c341ec&pf_rd_r=F4DHNSS0HERZ7F9SC89J&qid=1568136860&s=gateway&sprefix=fire+stick%2Caps%2C1029
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

You shouldn't rule getting a Fire stick out.  They're inexpensive and you can get everything Amazon Prime offers for TV.  Here in my Master Bedroom I could not get Cable TV without spending a lot to run the Coax, so I just set up the Fire stick and stream everything I would have watched on cable.

Nah. I have a Roku stick I never use. All my TVs are on Windows boxen... The bedroom TVs are ac wireless and work fine... All I have is Internet, no cable, no sticks, no bullcrap. Works great for almost everything... Very few things I can't get at. OANN just happens to be one of them.

Literally any movie, and any series. Some are more work than others, but you know I can get at it. And my movie library and my family movie library stream flawlessly from both my local store (where my personal library is for when the inet is down) or the remote store (where the family conglomerate is).

Gonna binge the final season of Game of Thrones this weekend... Probably from putl*****...  happy77
I get by.