Author Topic: Commentary: Should Local Officials Congratulate Themselves for Lowering Tax Rates?  (Read 422 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
While local elected officials brag about lowering tax rates, they’re still increasing the amount you have to pay.

By Ashley Whittenberger
|September 6, 2019   

It’s the time of year when local elected officials across Texas are determining if our tax bills will increase, decrease, or stay the same for the next year—and it’s also the time to be extra wary of misleading statements about the topic.

Many of us are starting to see media commentaries and social media posts pop up in which our local school board trustees, county commissioners, city council members, and other representatives are patting themselves on the back for their part in “reducing tax rates.”

While this might sound promising at first glance, there are two reasons those of us who desire meaningful tax relief shouldn’t be celebrating just yet....

https://texasscorecard.com/commentary/commentary-should-local-officials-congratulate-themselves-for-lowering-tax-rates/
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 03:42:10 am by Sanguine »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
When the Texas legislature is in session smoke and mirrors is the name of the game.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 03:42:44 am by Sanguine »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
When the Texas legislature is in session smoke and mirrors is the name of the game.

Sure looks like it, Bigun.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 03:43:02 am by Sanguine »