Author Topic: Lori Loughlin Regrets Not Doing What Felicity Huffman Did Amid Scandal  (Read 511 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Lori Loughlin Regrets Not Doing What Felicity Huffman Did Amid Scandal
MSN, Sep 6, US Weekly

Living with regret. Lori Loughlin is finally grasping the seriousness of her situation, and is angry with husband Mossimo Giannulli after he recommended they reject the plea deal prosecutors offered in April, a source exclusively reveals to Us Weekly.

“Lori regrets not doing what Felicity [Huffman] did,” says the insider. Another source adds, “Lori was inclined to take the deal, but Mossimo said it would ruin both of their careers.”

According to the insider, Giannulli, 56, feels he and Loughlin, 55, have been unfairly targeted by the federal government because of their wealth — together, they’re reportedly worth an estimated $100 million. And another source says he’s convinced “they’ve done nothing wrong.”

The famous family has been facing public scrutiny since the couple’s arrest in March for allegedly paying $500,000 in bribes to get their daughters, Bella, 20, and Olivia Jade, 19, into the University of Southern California. They are facing up to 40 years in prison for their alleged actions. Huffman, meanwhile, announced her decision to plead guilty on April 8 in her first public statement about the scandal. “I am in full acceptance of my guilt, and with deep regret and shame over what I have done, I accept full responsibility for my actions and will accept the consequences that stem from those actions,” she said in the statement.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/lori-loughlin-regrets-not-doing-what-felicity-huffman-did-amid-scandal/ar-AAGU8TR?ocid=ientp

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Lori Loughlin Regrets Not Doing What Felicity Huffman Did Amid Scandal
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 03:14:37 pm »
August 27

BOSTON — Actress Lori Loughlin and her husband, fashion designer Mossimo Giannulli, returned here to federal court Tuesday for a pretrial hearing to confirm their legal representation as they fight criminal charges in the college admissions bribery scandal.

Loughlin and Giannulli, of Los Angeles, are two of the best-known parents accused of wrongdoing after an investigation into irregularities in admissions testing and the admissions process at prominent schools, including Stanford, Yale and Georgetown universities, the University of California at Los Angeles and the University of Southern California.

Prosecutors say Loughlin and Giannulli paid a total of $500,000 in 2016 and 2017 for Singer to facilitate admission of their two daughters to USC as purported crew recruits. The couple have pleaded not guilty to two counts: conspiracy to commit money laundering; and conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and honest services mail and wire fraud.

More:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2019/08/27/lori-loughlin-her-husband-are-back-court-college-admissions-scandal/?noredirect=on

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 03:32:39 pm »
Boo effin' Hoo.  Enjoy your upcoming stay at the Greybar Hotel, you twit.  We have separate cells ready for you and Hubs.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 04:39:13 pm »
What about tax evasion?  Didn't they funnel the money through that guy's charitable foundation and claim it as a deduction on their taxes?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2019, 09:22:49 pm »
Well I just want to know how far back are they gonna look for parents to prosecute, since this has been going on forever, when my daughter played fastpitch in high school it was a well known fact that there was pay to play................they just called it donations. How hard are they gonna look because there are a boatload(Titanic Size) of democrats children who only got into universities(and graduated) because mommy and daddy democrat paid for it to happen.

I am in no way excusing these two but it seems that I have to agree with Loughlin's husband that she seems to be getting all the crap for what rich and not so rich parents have been doing for their children since before America became a nation.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2019, 09:33:10 pm »
Well I just want to know how far back are they gonna look for parents to prosecute, since this has been going on forever, when my daughter played fastpitch in high school it was a well known fact that there was pay to play................they just called it donations. How hard are they gonna look because there are a boatload(Titanic Size) of democrats children who only got into universities(and graduated) because mommy and daddy democrat paid for it to happen.

I am in no way excusing these two but it seems that I have to agree with Loughlin's husband that she seems to be getting all the crap for what rich and not so rich parents have been doing for their children since before America became a nation.

Would a parent bribing a coach with cash directly fall under "donations" in that scenario?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline verga

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2019, 01:13:57 pm »

Someone needs to checkout how Fredo Cuomo got into Yale,
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2019, 06:02:00 pm »
Would a parent bribing a coach with cash directly fall under "donations" in that scenario?
I don't recall anyone admitting to donate cash, but tractors, golf carts, pitching machines........all that result in players with poor ability getting time on the varsity team? As far as I'm concerned that's the same thing, the only difference is the degree of bribe. Again it's not right but all this outrage basically being directed at one person when this is long term systemic problem is over the top. No dems cried foul about Teddy Kennedy or Fauxcahontas and their like, maybe with them the biggest outrage now is that these girls stole a admission from an illegal alien..........who don't have to meet requirements and the bribe is made with our tax dollars.

Offline verga

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2019, 06:15:47 pm »
Heard on the news today that Felicity Huffman is looking at a $40K fine and 1 month in jail. Far cry from what Laughlin is facing
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2019, 07:08:30 pm »

Typically donations are given straight to the University itself to fund a building, scholarships, etc.  In this case, the University knew nothing about the "donation," which went straight to greasing the palms of the coaches.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2019, 08:00:30 pm »
The USC "University of Spoiled Children" has had more than a fair share of scandals.

Head of Medicall school on drug binges,

http://dailytrojan.com/2017/08/16/usc-will-defined-response-scandal/
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2019, 08:28:00 pm »
Typically donations are given straight to the University itself to fund a building, scholarships, etc.  In this case, the University knew nothing about the "donation," which went straight to greasing the palms of the coaches.

...which makes it illegal.  There really is a difference.
I will NOT comply.