Author Topic: ‘Progressive’ racism: Jemele Hill wants ‘black athletes to leave white colleges’  (Read 447 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘Progressive’ racism: Jemele Hill wants ‘black athletes to leave white colleges’
by Tom Joyce
 | September 06, 2019 11:03 AM

Jemele Hill wants to take college sports back in time for African Americans.

The former ESPN host turned The Atlantic columnist published a piece on Thursday titled, "It’s Time for Black Athletes to Leave White Colleges." Her misguided essay argues that so-called “white universities” are exploiting top black college athletes for profit. Hill insists that by choosing en masse to only go to historically black colleges and universities, black athletes "could disrupt the reign of an 'amateur' sports system that uses the labor of black folks to make white folks rich." In other words, she wants black college athletes to self-segregate, because she thinks it would benefit HBCUs and all-black schools.

In her column, Hill correctly notes that "top black athletes used to go to black colleges," that is, when racial segregation was still in place. Hill points out that before the famous Brown v. Board of Education Supreme Court decision banning school segregation, the options were quite limited as to where African Americans could attend college in some states.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/progressive-racism-the-atlantics-jemele-hill-wants-black-athletes-to-leave-white-colleges
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Millee

Is there a list of these "white universities"??   :shrug:

Offline mountaineer

She's calling any school that isn't a "traditionally black college" a white college, even though every single one of them is thoroughly integrated (they have to be, or they won't get accreditation). She really is a stupid pile of merde.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist

Offline goatprairie

I got my fill of Hill watching her on ESPN where apparently all white people are evil racists constantly plotting against black people.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I assume this means Jemele opposes affirmative action programs that have the presumably racist effect of steering more black students into predominantly white colleges.

Offline Absalom

Suggestion:
Don't stop at the College exit; instead get on the next boat to Africa and share all
that wisdom you acquired, in order to help the locals escape their infantile tribalism.
Also, don't let the dormitory door hit you in the butt on your way out!!!!!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Their pay and job prospects will dry up if they take up Hill's suggestion.

It will take us back 50 years to when the last all white major school fielded a team.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline goatprairie

My belief is that Hill's suggestion will come to naught. Black athletes know where the money is.....going to  those "evil" white colleges with superior coaching and  training facilities preparing for the pros.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Their pay and job prospects will dry up if they take up Hill's suggestion.

It will take us back 50 years to when the last all white major school fielded a team.

It's ridiculous, and reveals a fundamental misunderstanding of how/why college football makes so much money.  And it's not primarily because of the players.

Colleges draw fans and support primarily because of alumni, and people in the local and state area who identify with that team.  It's not about the quality of the football as much as it is about the uniform those players are wearing.  I support Navy because I went there.  I root for Ohio State because I live in Ohio.  None of that would change even if every black athlete at those schools went to play for a predominantly black school.  Hell, it wouldn't change if every white athlete left.  I'm cheering for the school, not the players. and I don't think I'm alone.

Offline PeteS in CA

Well, then! Those black athletes should stay away from all those "White" (owned) NFL, NBA, Baseball, etc. teams, too!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline dfwgator

My belief is that Hill's suggestion will come to naught. Black athletes know where the money is.....going to  those "evil" white colleges with superior coaching and  training facilities preparing for the pros.

And seriously, outside of Alumni,  who really cares for say, Grambling Football?

Online berdie

And seriously, outside of Alumni,  who really cares for say, Grambling Football?

I couldn't tell you squat about the football team...but their band rocks.  I always made it to be a point to be at the state fair to see them come to the Cotton Bowl. :laugh:

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
She's calling any school that isn't a "traditionally black college" a white college, even though every single one of them is thoroughly integrated (they have to be, or they won't get accreditation). She really is a stupid pile of merde.
Even the HBCU's are integrated to a degree.

Ever see a HBCU football game? Take a look at the kickers. Usually they're white.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline goatprairie

It never fails to amaze me at the numbers of black people (aka AA hires) who are hired by mostly white people and get paid millions to go on tv and tell white people what awful racists they are.

rangerrebew

Atlantic writer argues that 'black athletes' should 'leave white colleges'
by Mike Brest
 | September 06, 2019 10:55 AM

Jemele Hill, most known for her feud with President Trump which led to problems for her at ESPN, published a new article at the Atlantic arguing that it's time for "black athletes" to "leave white colleges."

Hill argues that "predominately white universities" have lured black athletes away from historically black colleges or universities with newer facilities, larger fan bases, and a better chance of boosting their own name recognition.

"Black athletes have attracted money and attention to the predominantly white universities that showcase them," she writes. "Meanwhile, black colleges are struggling. Alabama's athletic department generated $174 million in the 2016–17 school year, whereas the HBCU that generated the most money from athletics that year, Prairie View A&M, brought in less than $18 million. Beyond sports, the average HBCU endowment is only one-eighth that of the average predominantly white school; taken together, all of the HBCU endowments combined make up less than a tenth of Harvard's."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/atlantic-writer-argues-that-black-athletes-should-leave-white-colleges

rangerrebew

The Atlantic should be very proud of their racist writer who's goal is to divide Americans. *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Idiot

Atlantic writer argues that 'black athletes' should 'leave white colleges'
by Mike Brest
 | September 06, 2019 10:55 AM

Jemele Hill, most known for her feud with President Trump which led to problems for her at ESPN, published a new article at the Atlantic arguing that it's time for "black athletes" to "leave white colleges."

Hill argues that "predominately white universities" have lured black athletes away from historically black colleges or universities with newer facilities, larger fan bases, and a better chance of boosting their own name recognition.

"Black athletes have attracted money and attention to the predominantly white universities that showcase them," she writes. "Meanwhile, black colleges are struggling. Alabama's athletic department generated $174 million in the 2016–17 school year, whereas the HBCU that generated the most money from athletics that year, Prairie View A&M, brought in less than $18 million. Beyond sports, the average HBCU endowment is only one-eighth that of the average predominantly white school; taken together, all of the HBCU endowments combined make up less than a tenth of Harvard's."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/atlantic-writer-argues-that-black-athletes-should-leave-white-colleges
*****rollingeyes*****

Offline MOD4

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Well, well, well, Jemele...

If that's what you want, it's fine with me.

Tell, tell, tell 'em to hit the road, Jemele

So that they can be black, and... free!

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I am all for it, leave and hopefully college football will have me rooting for more local young men instead of players from all over the US. I would love this, a return to college football like when my grandfather played at Auburn.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 12:46:17 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....