Author Topic: Barr and DOJ drafted legislation to speed up death penalty for mass shooters  (Read 317 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Barr and DOJ drafted legislation to speed up death penalty for mass shooters
by Jerry Dunleavy
 | September 02, 2019 03:43 PM

The Justice Department drafted legislation to speed up the death penalty for mass shooters, according to Vice President Mike Pence’s chief of staff Marc Short, who said the vice president is coordinating with Attorney General William Barr.

Short, who made this revelation while talking to reporters on Air Force Two on a Labor Day flight to Europe, said the vice president’s office has been working with the attorney’s general’s team on the issue.

The proposal to expedite capital punishment for those found guilty of mass murder would be a part of the White House’s eventual legislative package proposal to Congress when lawmakers return from their August recess to debate gun laws in the wake of a number of recent mass shootings.

The Justice Department did not immediately respond to the Washington Examiner's request for comment.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/barr-and-doj-drafted-legislation-to-speed-up-death-penalty-for-mass-shooters
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The vast majority of these shooters either kill themselves or are killed by police.

Very few have survived to face a trial, letalone a death penalty.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Death is death, so why would this not apply to ALL convicted murderers?

I think a cold-blooded murder of say one's wife or child is even more heinous than a mass murderer who does not know the victims

Like a 'hate crime', this is a made-up political move.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 12:31:48 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline musiclady

I don’t disagree with this.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
One month for appeals, and immediate execution.