Author Topic: Sioux Falls Landfill Tightens Rules After Minnesota Dumps Dozens of Wind Turbine Blades  (Read 3077 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Unfurling The Waste Problem Caused By Wind Energy

EvenNPR is taking notice. But I have to call out one error in fact in the article. The "U.S. wind industry" is not young. There were operating bird choppers in the windy hills near Benicia, California when I moved to the SF Bay Area in early 1978. That they were operating means they were built no later than some time in 1977. The bird-chopper farm in the Altamont Pass near Livermore was built or became operational in 1981. IOW, the bird chopper industry has been around over 40 years, not old, but certainly not new.

Good points.  And, of course windmills have been used all over the west since those areas were settled.

Online roamer_1

SURE they can be recycled. Grind em up and use the dust in the molding process to make the same thing. We routinely used fiberglass dust to stiffen resin for filler applications, repairing Kenworth hoods for example.

Offline PeteS in CA

SURE they can be recycled. Grind em up and use the dust in the molding process to make the same thing. We routinely used fiberglass dust to stiffen resin for filler applications, repairing Kenworth hoods for example.

The NPR article mentions a start-up working on doing that. But the transport and processing of the massive blades will not be cheap, and may not be economically viable.

It says something about how stupidly naive the Enviros and pols have been in their touting wind turbines as an enviro-panacea that over 4 decades into the industry we're having this fundamental life cycle discussion. And it's all at taxpayer expense.

BTW, those bird choppers near Benicia that I mentioned? After a few years they proved economically unviable, the company went out of business, and the bird choppers crumbled into ruin until, several years later, someone (probably some government agency) cleared the site. If you drove through that area along I-680 since the mid-late 80s, you wouldn't have seen those bird choppers or their ruins.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

The NPR article mentions a start-up working on doing that. But the transport and processing of the massive blades will not be cheap, and may not be economically viable.

It says something about how stupidly naive the Enviros and pols have been in their touting wind turbines as an enviro-panacea that over 4 decades into the industry we're having this fundamental life cycle discussion. And it's all at taxpayer expense.

BTW, those bird choppers near Benicia that I mentioned? After a few years they proved economically unviable, the company went out of business, and the bird choppers crumbled into ruin until, several years later, someone (probably some government agency) cleared the site. If you drove through that area along I-680 since the mid-late 80s, you wouldn't have seen those bird choppers or their ruins.

I wonder if the answer might be to transport the choppers instead of the blades, like the way wood choppers are used onsite instead of transporting large tree limbs and branches.

I can't understand why companies are not required to fund escrow accounts (or something like that), so the money for removal is in place before they break ground.  Green politics I suppose.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Who in Hades thought turbines with massive, short-lived, non-recyclable blades would be anything but environmental disasters?!
Wind Turbines were never about the environment. They were always about slush funds, money laundering, and kickbacks, while making a politically correct statement about how 'elite' and 'woke' the people are who support this ineffective and uneconomical nonsense. However, the elite and the super wealthy, such as John Kerry, will never allow wind turbines anywhere near their property or their general areas.

Living 1600 ft from a wind turbine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7DQ3SgSg0c
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
They are also ugly as sin, and mar the beauty of the environment.

And are massive bird killers.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 04:43:01 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Want to see something really utterly stupid?  Here it is.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,375245.msg2053320.html#msg2053320
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline musiclady

And are massive bird killers.

You’re right about that for sure! It would be in ads and on every leftist magazine cover.

But killing birds is apparently not a problem for those who don’t really care about the environment, but only care about crippling the US economy.  :shrug:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Wind Turbines were never about the environment. They were always about slush funds, money laundering, and kickbacks, while making a politically correct statement about how 'elite' and 'woke' the people are who support this ineffective and uneconomical nonsense. However, the elite and the super wealthy, such as John Kerry, will never allow wind turbines anywhere near their property or their general areas.

Living 1600 ft from a wind turbine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7DQ3SgSg0c

:yowsa: pointing-up

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
:yowsa: pointing-up
Wind turbines are always built and disposed of in poor or rural areas, while the millionaires who live in L.A. and Martha's Vineyard reap the money from it. Wind turbines are for the poor people. Not for us.

And the Liberals are crazy about it. Because Liberals are ignorant saps/suckers.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

And the Liberals are crazy about it. Because Liberals are ignorant saps/suckers.

Or in on the scam.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Want to see something really utterly stupid?  Here it is.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,375245.msg2053320.html#msg2053320

The irony just drips off of that picture @IsailedawayfromFR!

It perfectly illustrates that the electricity has to come from somewhere!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The irony just drips off of that picture @IsailedawayfromFR!

It perfectly illustrates that the electricity has to come from somewhere!
This is so stupid in so many ways it staggers the mind.

Particularly since Australia imports 90% of its liquid fuel needs.  So it imports the oil to make into diesel to satisfy the nut cases that have electric cars.

Is Australia running out of fuel? PM orders supply review
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-44027042
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington