Author Topic: Pete Buttigieg: Climate Change Fight Maybe Worse than World War II  (Read 542 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pete Buttigieg: Climate Change Fight Maybe Worse than World War II
« on: September 05, 2019, 01:15:44 pm »
Charlie Spiering 4 Sep 2019

Mayor Pete Buttigieg on Wednesday called the fight against climate change possibly worse than the global struggle against the Nazis in World War II.

“This is the hardest thing we will have done certainly in my lifetime as a country, this on par with winning World War II,” he said. “Perhaps even more challenging than that.”

Buttigieg lamented during the CNN town hall on climate change that it would be impossible to confront the threat if Americans were still disagreeing about climate change.

“We’ve got to figure out a way to rally and that means everybody,” he said, promising to lead the globe in the ongoing fight against the threat posed by climate change.

Buttigieg said he was “excited” by the idea of using the military to solve the problem of climate change.

“The military has an amazing capacity to rally, to achieve what is being asked of them,” he said.

Buttigieg spoke about the military as a tool for enacting progressive ideas, despite traditionally being thought of as a conservative organization.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/09/04/pete-buttigieg-climate-change-fight-maybe-worse-than-world-war-ii/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Pete Buttigieg: Climate Change Fight Maybe Worse than World War II
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 01:19:44 pm »
These kinds of stupid comments just make these idiots look even more nuts in the eyes of normal people. I hope they keep making em.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 01:21:27 pm »
What we saw or have read about from last nights clown show is 1) Green is the new Red. Same goals just a different name and 2) Every single Progressive running is fully committed to the de-growth and de-industrialization movements.

There’s three articles in this section alone that prove that.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2019, 01:52:49 pm »
I swear, every one of these leftist candidates is round the bend......    *****rollingeyes*****
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2019, 02:29:44 pm »
I swear, every one of these leftist candidates is round the bend......    *****rollingeyes*****

@musiclady but they...with the help of the Democrat Party Press will go full Alinsky and twist everything to make is appear we're in the minority for thinks that their proposals are completely jacked up.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2019, 08:52:23 pm »
So climate change is worse than fighting the Axis?  Oh brother. :thud:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2019, 08:53:52 pm »
 :facepalm2:

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2019, 09:07:15 pm »
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2019, 09:20:00 pm »
@musiclady but they...with the help of the Democrat Party Press will go full Alinsky and twist everything to make is appear we're in the minority for thinks that their proposals are completely jacked up.

Yep.  If we don't agree with Buttigieg that climate change is worse than WWII, we're "science deniers."

No mention of the fact that they are all abject fools with the knowledge of history of a billy goat.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2019, 09:40:32 pm »
The democommies are the science deniers. They deny there are two genders. They refuse to look at the climate changes since earth was formed, the fact the earth's orbit and sunspot activity affect the weather. They refuse to acknowledge a developing baby is a human being. I am so sick of them.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2019, 09:49:24 pm »
The democommies are the science deniers. They deny there are two genders. They refuse to look at the climate changes since earth was formed, the fact the earth's orbit and sunspot activity affect the weather. They refuse to acknowledge a developing baby is a human being. I am so sick of them.

All that.

Me too.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2019, 09:59:07 pm »
The steaming pile of BS from the candidates is getting even deeper. 

I guess someone told Buttigieg he needs at least one other issue besides "look at me; I'm gay!"

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2019, 01:25:20 am »
txradio wrote:
"What we saw or have read about from last nights clown show is 1) Green is the new Red. Same goals just a different name"

Where ya been, Tex?

"Green" has ALWAYS been "the new red".
It's NEVER been about saving the planet.
It's NEVER been about getting the climate "under control".

The only "control" they want is ... over you.
One hundred percent.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2019, 01:30:42 am »
I almost posted this as a separate thread, but decided it doesn't deserve it.  However it does work well to show the idiocy of "climate change".

U.N. Predicts Disaster if Global Warming Not Checked
PETER JAMES SPIELMANNJune 29, 1989

UNITED NATIONS (AP) _ A senior U.N. environmental official says entire nations could be wiped off the face of the Earth by rising sea levels if the global warming trend is not reversed by the year 2000.

Coastal flooding and crop failures would create an exodus of ″eco- refugees,′ ′ threatening political chaos, said Noel Brown, director of the New York office of the U.N. Environment Program, or UNEP.

He said governments have a 10-year window of opportunity to solve the greenhouse effect before it goes beyond human control.

As the warming melts polar icecaps, ocean levels will rise by up to three feet, enough to cover the Maldives and other flat island nations, Brown told The Associated Press in an interview on Wednesday.

Coastal regions will be inundated; one-sixth of Bangladesh could be flooded, displacing a fourth of its 90 million people. A fifth of Egypt’s arable land in the Nile Delta would be flooded, cutting off its food supply, according to a joint UNEP and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency study....

https://apnews.com/bd45c372caf118ec99964ea547880cd0

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2019, 08:47:02 pm »
At the link below is a Getty image of the failed mayor drinking from a plastic straw. He'll damn well keep using them, but no straw for you!

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/09/05/pete-buttigieg-americans-eating-burgers-drinking-straws-part-problem/
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2019, 02:06:07 am »
From the article...
Buttigieg said he was “excited” by the idea of using the military to solve the problem of climate change.

Interesting. How?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy