Author Topic: The deeper shame of treating FBI's Andrew McCabe like a star by Quin Hillyer  (Read 148 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The deeper shame of treating FBI's Andrew McCabe like a star
by Quin Hillyer
 | September 05, 2019 02:42 PM

Whither ethics? Whither an appropriate sense of shame?

I wish to associate myself with my colleague Becket Adams’ unease about the propriety of disgraced former FBI official Andrew McCabe serving as the featured guest for a Democratic fundraiser and serving as a paid analyst for CNN. Allow me, though, to broaden that contemplation.

It is obviously outrageous that McCabe should so quickly be feted as a political hero (by the Pennsylvania Democratic Party) and treated as a legitimate analyst (by CNN). The problems, in both situations, are multiple. First, it is inappropriate for the former acting director of the FBI to so quickly become a partisan figure. McCabe is calling into question the impartiality of his former agency. Second, it is inappropriate for either organization to not just effectively rehabilitate, but celebrate, someone fired by the FBI after a neutral inspector general’s report showed him to be have committed ethics infractions and lied under oath at least three times.

Mistakes and sins can be forgiven. Yet, when there is no penance and no intervening act meriting public rehabilitation, there should be no such rapid resurrection of respectability, much less honor – especially when the misconduct harmed the public weal and corrupted an agency whose entire mission is to fight corruption.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/the-deeper-shame-of-treating-fbis-andrew-mccabe-like-a-star
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34