Author Topic: Kavanaugh accuser's lawyer said allegations could help undermine abortion rulings: 'Part of what mot  (Read 947 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kavanaugh accuser's lawyer said allegations could help undermine abortion rulings: 'Part of what motivated Christine'

By Gregg Re | Fox News

The attorney who represented Christine Blasey Ford during Brett Kavanaugh's Supreme Court contentious confirmation hearings said in a speech earlier this year that Ford was motivated to come forward in part by a desire to tag Kavanaugh's reputation with an "asterisk" before he could start ruling on abortion-related cases.

The high-powered progressive lawyer, Debra Katz, made the remarks at the University of Baltimore’s 11th Feminist Legal Theory Conference, entitled "Applied Feminism and #MeToo." Her comments were first quoted in the book "Search and Destroy: Inside the Campaign Against Brett Kavanaugh" by Ryan Lovelace, which Fox News has obtained.

The Daily Caller News Foundation on Wednesday posted a video of Katz's comments.

“In the aftermath of these hearings, I believe that Christine’s testimony brought about more good than the harm misogynist Republicans caused by allowing Kavanaugh on the court,” Katz said in the video. “He will always have an asterisk next to his name. When he takes a scalpel to Roe v. Wade, we will know who he is, we know his character, and we know what motivates him, and that is important.

"It is important that we know, and that is part of what motivated Christine.”

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/christine-blasey-ford-attorney-says-she-came-forward-to-get-asterisk-on-kavanaughs-name-ahead-of-abortion-rulings
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm glad the shyster lawyer came out with this, because she just confirmed everything we thought about Ford's intentions. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Abortion is some kind of sick, cultic religion to these people.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
And yet Kavanaugh has yet to show any indication that he will challenge the status quo on abortion.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
And yet Kavanaugh has yet to show any indication that he will challenge the status quo on abortion.

Nope.  None, whatsoever.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Nope.  None, whatsoever.
I love how the left just assumes that he's going to be this absolute disaster for their cause when he's barely given any rulings and his record on the issue before coming to the court has been hardly remarkable. It just goes to show how deranged the left has become: they assume anything Trump touches must be evil incarnate.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I love how the left just assumes that he's going to be this absolute disaster for their cause when he's barely given any rulings and his record on the issue before coming to the court has been hardly remarkable. It just goes to show how deranged the left has become: they assume anything Trump touches must be evil incarnate.

I don't know if they assume it, but they sure accuse it.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
If Pro-lifers want to ban abortion, they should muster the political will to adopt an amendment to the Constitution.   Not to expect Kavanaugh or any other Justice to vote to deny the liberties of women protected by that Constitution.   

The right has been secured by the Constitution for over 45 years.   That's more than the reproductive lives of every woman in America.   The conservative judicial principal of stare decisis,  as well as the conservative view that legislatures, not courts, should make the law,  mitigates against the Court ripping up the abortion right root and branch.

Every abortion that takes place is a voluntary act.  The task is to change hearts and minds,  not to insist that unelected judges impose a religious view of moral justice.  That is what, for example, sharia does,  and that is antithetical to the traditional American view of the proper role of the courts.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Jazzhead Correction:  50% voluntary.
I will NOT comply.