Author Topic: Ted Cruz takes ‘deep state’ gospel to establishment Washington (regarding Iran)  (Read 229 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Ted Cruz takes ‘deep state’ gospel to establishment Washington
Katherine Tully-McManus

During a quick swing through Washington, Sen. Ted Cruz took time Tuesday to tout his belief that the so-called deep state within the Treasury and State departments is working to confound the Trump administration’s efforts to end the Iran nuclear deal.

After presiding over an uneventful pro forma session at the Senate, the Texas Republican spoke at an event at the Hudson Institute focused on foreign policy and tensions between conservatives who believe in intervention and those who take a more isolationist approach.

“I'm here to tell you the deep state is alive and well,” he told a packed room at the conservative think tank.

Read more at: https://www.rollcall.com/news/ted-cruz-preaches-deep-state-warnings-to-establishment-washington

That's actually pretty significant if so.

Also, Hudson Institute just came up the other day, will have to look them up.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 04:24:44 pm by TomSea »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Ted Cruz takes ‘deep state’ gospel to establishment Washington
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 01:43:23 pm »
BKMK

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 04:21:47 pm »
@Sanguine and at everyone....this article was posted by someone I follow on twitter, the reason is Cruz is saying that

Iran Nuclear Deal is being undermined by the Deep State and those from the Obama administration, I really should have quoted that part and that part is probably most important. I do see it mentioned in the opening paragraph but I should have emphasized this.

Cruz, who sits on the Foreign Relations Committee, pointed to efforts by the Treasury and State departments to preserve certain elements of the Iran nuclear deal, an Obama-era agreement that Trump has railed against and withdrew the United States from in May 2018.

That's actually a pretty important concept,  If the Deep State is hindering this.

That's for the experts, I vaguely understand the Iran Nuke Deal or JCPOA, what is pretty clear to me, at the least, is we should not be giving them suitcases of $150 billion in cash. That's pretty outrageous.   

We can all read further, seemed important to some.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 04:44:26 pm »
@Sanguine and at everyone....this article was posted by someone I follow on twitter, the reason is Cruz is saying that

Iran Nuclear Deal is being undermined by the Deep State and those from the Obama administration, I really should have quoted that part and that part is probably most important. I do see it mentioned in the opening paragraph but I should have emphasized this.

That's actually a pretty important concept,  If the Deep State is hindering this.

That's for the experts, I vaguely understand the Iran Nuke Deal or JCPOA, what is pretty clear to me, at the least, is we should not be giving them suitcases of $150 billion in cash. That's pretty outrageous.   

We can all read further, seemed important to some.

Yes, it is important @TomSea.

And, there are those who deny that the "deep state" even exists.