Author Topic: CHRISTIANS WHO HATE TRUMP  (Read 4322 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: CHRISTIANS WHO HATE TRUMP
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2019, 02:45:06 am »
I'm not going to address any specifics to anyone in particular again this evening, but I'll leave this thread with a question....

How many of you, now either excusing Trump or saying that morality doesn't matter, said the same thing about Bill Clinton (not his politics, but his lack of morality)?

How many of you, before Trump, said that the character of a President didn't matter?

If you can honestly say that morality and integrity were never an important part of leadership to you before, you are being consistent.

If not, consider the fact that you have changed.  Drastically.

And that is probably the reason that those of us who haven't changed our views or values bug you so much.

Good night, friends.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2019, 02:52:28 am »
I'm not going to address any specifics to anyone in particular again this evening, but I'll leave this thread with a question....

How many of you, now either excusing Trump or saying that morality doesn't matter, said the same thing about Bill Clinton (not his politics, but his lack of morality)?

How many of you, before Trump, said that the character of a President didn't matter?

If you can honestly say that morality and integrity were never an important part of leadership to you before, you are being consistent.

And that is probably the reason that those of us who haven't changed our views or values bug you so much.

Good night, friends.

I don't see anyone saying anything like that.  What I see people saying is that it is not our job to condemn. 

I have never stopped putting great value on the same things you do but I recognize the FACT that God answered my prayers with Donald J. Trump and I'm no about to second guess Him.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2019, 02:52:39 am »

Good night, friends.

@musiclady, I don't suppose you could open up your heart and your mind just a tiny bit to consider that there might be something in what we are saying?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2019, 04:24:21 am »
@musiclady, I don't suppose you could open up your heart and your mind just a tiny bit to consider that there might be something in what we are saying?

Not banging on you particularly Sang - You just happened to be the last post in the line...
I have been gone for most of this debate... But I will stand with @musiclady and with @Sighlass - And no there is not 'something' in what you are saying. By the numbers.

Firstly, the flagrant misuse of the 'Cast the First Stone' argument: Taken to its logical conclusion, as proposed in this thread, we have no right or ability to judge anyone for anything... So the next time all y'all start wanging on the Democrats, I will be sure to remind you that you are stepping out of line.

What's good for the goose is indeed good for the gander, and in fact, the point in having high moral ground REQUIRES a higher expectation from oneself, and one's leaders than one's opponents.

The story of Yeshua and the Adulteress has little to do with judgement, and more to do with misuse of power and the twisting of the law (wickedness)... Torah requires the accused adulterer to be caught in the act, and that BOTH the man and the woman be brought before the law TOGETHER. Where is the male offender? This is just ONE of the aspects of the passage that should make a reader look deeper.

And it is exactly this same sort of shallow reading that the liberal church hauls out against the more orthodox to shut their mouths about judging *at all*, and is precisely behind  the loosening of morals with the churches blessing... To include no fault divorce, overlooking fornication, acceptance of homosexuality and adultery as normative, and so on. That is a grievous and slippery slope, and y'all are making the very same argument.

The missing component is conviction and repentance in this  argument... Teshuva - turning back around to face YHWH.

I may look upon my misspent yoot wistfully from time to time, and I may get caught up in ribaldry from time to time, and certainly I cuss too much... There is much from my youth that clings to me yet. But the truth of the matter is that I have stood before YHWH, and all y'all as the Church, and confessed my sins, and do so all the time. THAT is what turns my sins into a powerful witness FOR YHWH -- And in THAT there is no judgement - you toward me, or me toward you.

Likewise the penitent, and the newly born. Someone figuring out that they have been going the wrong way, and are trying to find the path to YHWH... The Church is to be long patient and instructive to such a one, withholding judgement.

But this shallow reading of Yeshua and the Adulteress, the mewling interpretation of 'Judge not lest ye be judged' creates a caricature of the Law, and by that a caricature of GRACE.

...To the point that you cannot judge anything or anyone at all.
I will NOT adhere to such an interpretation. Certainly not to excuse the likes of Tump.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2019, 04:57:20 am »
Confession is a deeply personal act between one soul and God; not between a man and half a world ready to stone him to death regardless of his answer.   We'd do well to remember that none of us knows what's in the President's heart @Sighlass  and to stand firm against the pull of the Sanhedrin.

God has sent a perfect Man only once; the rest of the time he sends the man perfect for the job.  He leaves it to us to do the rest.

Ahh bull, Hitler was the perfect man for the job? Right? God lets us do foolish things all the time. Ask Israel... Was Bush and Obama the perfect man for the job? Was McCain and Mitch the perfect men for the job? Perhaps the crowd was right to pick Barabbas, he was the perfect choice. @Right_in_Virginia

It would of been perfectly fine for Trump to answer as you stated... "that is personal and I don't care to elaborate".... But Trump didn't did he, he admitted (fruits for us to judge) he didn't have anything to ask forgiveness for.  Something that is a basic tenet for Christianity. Instead of waving a Bible in one hand and his book in the other, perhaps he should of actually cracked the first of them before claiming how great it was. A 7 y/o could tell he was just grandstanding.

And also since you mention Sanhedrin. Someone (@Bigun I think) used the "throw the first stone" (John 8) out of context... It was not a verse for not judging, it was showing how Jesus subverted being brought to court before his time. He knew they (Pharisees) were setting a trap for him. Jewish law said to stone such to death... Jesus knew that the Romans would put him to death if he followed Jewish law.. So he had to do something cunning as a fox... and he did, all the while not correcting Jewish law and not breaking Roman law... at first Jesus tried to just ignore them (started writing in the sand with his finger)... that didn't work...finally Jesus answered them... with the famous line "Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." Knowing this would stump them, he just bent down and started writing in the sand again biding his time.

Then more telling is the rest of the story... When it was just Jesus and adulterer left, he said "has no one condemned you?"... "Neither do I" (He had the power to forgive remember). She answered affirmative... Now what does Jesus say?... Does he say the crowd was wrong to bring her before him? No... Does it said anything against what they did? No... Did Jesus say what she did was not punishable as prescribed in Jewish law? No... Did Jesus say the law was not to be observed in the future? No... Jesus said "Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more." We see He still calls it sin and to not do it again.

No where in that would any sane person get that we are not to judge and that anyone was wrong for judging... Far as we can tell, caught in the act like she was, was still sin.

If I am out of context, please point it out to me where please.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 05:01:20 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2019, 05:08:29 am »
Not banging on you particularly Sang - You just happened to be the last post in the line...
I have been gone for most of this debate... But I will stand with @musiclady and with @Sighlass - And no there is not 'something' in what you are saying. By the numbers.

Firstly, the flagrant misuse of the 'Cast the First Stone' argument: Taken to its logical conclusion, as proposed in this thread, we have no right or ability to judge anyone for anything... So the next time all y'all start wanging on the Democrats, I will be sure to remind you that you are stepping out of line.

What's good for the goose is indeed good for the gander, and in fact, the point in having high moral ground REQUIRES a higher expectation from oneself, and one's leaders than one's opponents.

The story of Yeshua and the Adulteress has little to do with judgement, and more to do with misuse of power and the twisting of the law (wickedness)... Torah requires the accused adulterer to be caught in the act, and that BOTH the man and the woman be brought before the law TOGETHER. Where is the male offender? This is just ONE of the aspects of the passage that should make a reader look deeper.

And it is exactly this same sort of shallow reading that the liberal church hauls out against the more orthodox to shut their mouths about judging *at all*, and is precisely behind  the loosening of morals with the churches blessing... To include no fault divorce, overlooking fornication, acceptance of homosexuality and adultery as normative, and so on. That is a grievous and slippery slope, and y'all are making the very same argument.

The missing component is conviction and repentance in this  argument... Teshuva - turning back around to face YHWH.

I may look upon my misspent yoot wistfully from time to time, and I may get caught up in ribaldry from time to time, and certainly I cuss too much... There is much from my youth that clings to me yet. But the truth of the matter is that I have stood before YHWH, and all y'all as the Church, and confessed my sins, and do so all the time. THAT is what turns my sins into a powerful witness FOR YHWH -- And in THAT there is no judgement - you toward me, or me toward you.

Likewise the penitent, and the newly born. Someone figuring out that they have been going the wrong way, and are trying to find the path to YHWH... The Church is to be long patient and instructive to such a one, withholding judgement.

But this shallow reading of Yeshua and the Adulteress, the mewling interpretation of 'Judge not lest ye be judged' creates a caricature of the Law, and by that a caricature of GRACE.

...To the point that you cannot judge anything or anyone at all.
I will NOT adhere to such an interpretation. Certainly not to excuse the likes of Tump.

Well you beat me to it... Thanks Roamer...

BTW... Love ya Big, we just don't agree here at all (and it is rare when that occurs so forgive me bro).
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2019, 05:16:47 am »

I've done the same as you, brother, some 30+ years ago.  And, like you, I do it again as needed.

I don't know Trump personally at all.  So I can't comment personally on his walk.

But I have met (numerous times) and trust Jim Dobson.  I trust his words:

Dr. James Dobson, who was among the more than 900 evangelical faith leaders who met with the Republican presidential nominee-in-waiting in New York City, says it happened fairly recently. He also said he knew who led the businessman to Christ.

"I don't know when it was, but it has not been long," Dobson told Godfactor's Michael Anthony in an exclusive interview. "I believe he really made a commitment, but he's a baby Christian. We all need to be praying for him, especially if there's a possibility of him being our next chief executive officer."

"I think that he's open," he added. "He doesn't know our language, he really doesn't, and he refers a lot to religion and not much to faith and belief."

To that, Anthony responded, "I imagine Saul, when he became Paul, didn't know the language, either."

"Yeah, well you've got to cut him some slack. He didn't grow up like we did," Dobson responded. "I think there's hope for him, and I think there's hope for us. I have great concerns about the next election."

Dobson said he was in the "small group" of 40 faith leaders who met with Trump earlier in the day at Trump Tower, and that he had a chance to interact directly with the Republican presidential nominee-in-waiting.

"He's a lot nicer guy than you [think]," he said. "I think he is listening. There were a lot of people ministering to him personally."

Dobson also praised the event, during which he said faith leaders were "genuinely seeking the Lord's direction" in the things Trump was saying.

"He's sometimes kind of obscure in the way that he answers questions, and we wanted to ask him directly, with follow-up questions," he said. "We got a chance to do that."

https://www.charismanews.com/politics/elections/58042-dr-james-dobson-donald-trump-has-accepted-christ

More recently:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

As I said, I trust Jim Dobson's judgement.  If he says that Trump is a young Christian that needs our prayers, then I provide them.  And I don't hold his past sins against him, as none of us should do to a brother/sister at any stage of his/her walk.  And beyond what Dobson says, I see Trump's fruit since he has been in office.  I've been led to pray for him, and not continue to slander him for his past indiscretions.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2019, 06:45:14 am »
I don't know Trump personally at all.  So I can't comment personally on his walk.

But I have met (numerous times) and trust Jim Dobson.  I trust his words:

As I said, I trust Jim Dobson's judgement.  If he says that Trump is a young Christian that needs our prayers, then I provide them.  And I don't hold his past sins against him, as none of us should do to a brother/sister at any stage of his/her walk.  And beyond what Dobson says, I see Trump's fruit since he has been in office.  I've been led to pray for him, and not continue to slander him for his past indiscretions.

Alas @EdJames , I am more cynical than you. I do not believe the 'baby Christian' bullcrap at all, any more than I believe the hard right turn from whacko-liberal to consummate conservative. I call bullcrap, and it does not help a bit with Republican 'Christian' luminaries standing four-square with Tump. How convenient.

I see no fruit since he has been in office. I see a cantankerous, self-centered, pompous ass, who is not only centered in a massive ego, but denigrates others, lies constantly, causes chaos and confusion, and does not keep his word.

And it is not slander to look at his past - Another convenient untruth that only keeps people from seeing that the leopard has not changed a single spot.

Maybe it is a Western thing, but the character of a man is foremost. And a man's word is the most precious thing, nay the only thing he owns. I see no character in Tump. None at all. I think he's walking y'all down the garden path.

I will get my 'I Told You So', just like I did with Dubya by the end of it... The problem is, by then it will be far too late.

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2019, 09:20:52 am »
Alas @EdJames , I am more cynical than you. I do not believe the 'baby Christian' bullcrap at all, any more than I believe the hard right turn from whacko-liberal to consummate conservative. I call bullcrap, and it does not help a bit with Republican 'Christian' luminaries standing four-square with Tump. How convenient.

I see no fruit since he has been in office. I see a cantankerous, self-centered, pompous ass, who is not only centered in a massive ego, but denigrates others, lies constantly, causes chaos and confusion, and does not keep his word.

And it is not slander to look at his past - Another convenient untruth that only keeps people from seeing that the leopard has not changed a single spot.

Maybe it is a Western thing, but the character of a man is foremost. And a man's word is the most precious thing, nay the only thing he owns. I see no character in Tump. None at all. I think he's walking y'all down the garden path.

I will get my 'I Told You So', just like I did with Dubya by the end of it... The problem is, by then it will be far too late.

This.
I've been reading this board for years. Rarely ever posted. However, this board has always been a source of comfort to me because of its permeating common sense, it's truthfulness, it's willingness to call out the plainly evident, namely, the preening emotionalism, the intellectual insipidity, the moral decay, and the sheer ignorance--willful or otherwise-- of those who mirthfully whisk this country toward the dustbin of history.  Every time a new outrage would occur, I would peek at this board and find solace.

I, too, see this Trump bargain ending devastatingly. One should not compact with such a man. There is no amount of desperation, no amount of fear, no amount of Obama shell shock that can justify it.

Thank you @roamer_1 for reminding me why I read this board.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2019, 10:11:55 am »

Like I said, I know and trust Jim Dobson.

We will certainly find out if he is correct, in due time.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2019, 11:36:46 am »
Ahh bull, Hitler was the perfect man for the job? Right? God lets us do foolish things all the time.

No @Sighlass --- Churchill, the imperfect, mouthing-off, abrupt alcoholic, was the perfect man for the job.  And the world came thisclose to choosing poorly.

The rest of your post I'll not dignify with debate.

Enjoy your day.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2019, 12:15:18 pm »
Well you beat me to it... Thanks Roamer...

BTW... Love ya Big, we just don't agree here at all (and it is rare when that occurs so forgive me bro).

Nothing for me to forgive here @Sighlass. Just a disagreement among friends. Nothing new or unusual about that.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2019, 01:43:41 pm »

The accusation that I have neither open heart nor mind because I don’t agree with you is unlike you, @Sanguine.

Perhaps it is you who should consider that what you used to believe is what you should still believe.

I am standing on a couple of millennium of values, centuries of American values, starting with the Founders, and standards that all Conservatives once held.

It is precisely because I DO think and care so much...... for America, for truth, for integrity......that I maintain the opinions that the majority of Conservatives once shared with me.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 02:52:18 pm by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2019, 01:46:03 pm »
This.
I've been reading this board for years. Rarely ever posted. However, this board has always been a source of comfort to me because of its permeating common sense, it's truthfulness, it's willingness to call out the plainly evident, namely, the preening emotionalism, the intellectual insipidity, the moral decay, and the sheer ignorance--willful or otherwise-- of those who mirthfully whisk this country toward the dustbin of history.  Every time a new outrage would occur, I would peek at this board and find solace.

I, too, see this Trump bargain ending devastatingly. One should not compact with such a man. There is no amount of desperation, no amount of fear, no amount of Obama shell shock that can justify it.

Thank you @roamer_1 for reminding me why I read this board.

You need to post more, @FeelNoPain !

Offline aligncare

« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2019, 01:48:16 pm »

Very well said!!

:trophy:

I gotta second you on RIV’s gem of a post. Well said, indeed! @Right_in_Virginia  :beer:

Yes, Trump is a flawed human being—the line forms behind behind me. But, he’s also a strong, confident, and here’s the important part, effective leader. And as @Bigun often says, he moves the ball in our direction.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 01:57:36 pm by aligncare »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2019, 01:57:06 pm »
Confession is a deeply personal act between one soul and God; not between a man and half a world ready to stone him to death regardless of his answer.   We'd do well to remember that none of us knows what's in the President's heart @Sighlass  and to stand firm against the pull of the Sanhedrin.

God has sent a perfect Man only once; the rest of the time he sends the man perfect for the job.  He leaves it to us to do the rest.

QFT. Thanks @Right_in_Virginia
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 01:58:26 pm by skeeter »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2019, 02:16:29 pm »
The accusation that I have neither open heart nor mind because I don’t agree with you is unlike you, @Sanguine.

Perhaps it is you who should consider that what you used to believe is what you should still believe.

I am standing on a couple of millennium of values, centuries of American values, starting with the Founders, and standards that all Conservatives once held.

It is precisely because I DO think and care so much...... for America, for truth, for integrity......that I maintain the opinions that people like you once shared with me.

Good grief, @musiclady, how is that an accusation?  Don't go straight for the worst possible interpretation.  There's a very good probability that you are wrong if you do so.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2019, 02:16:35 pm »
Ahh bull, Hitler was the perfect man for the job? Right? God lets us do foolish things all the time. Ask Israel... Was Bush and Obama the perfect man for the job? Was McCain and Mitch the perfect men for the job? Perhaps the crowd was right to pick Barabbas, he was the perfect choice. @Right_in_Virginia

It would of been perfectly fine for Trump to answer as you stated... "that is personal and I don't care to elaborate".... But Trump didn't did he, he admitted (fruits for us to judge) he didn't have anything to ask forgiveness for.  Something that is a basic tenet for Christianity. Instead of waving a Bible in one hand and his book in the other, perhaps he should of actually cracked the first of them before claiming how great it was. A 7 y/o could tell he was just grandstanding.

And also since you mention Sanhedrin. Someone (@Bigun I think) used the "throw the first stone" (John 8) out of context... It was not a verse for not judging, it was showing how Jesus subverted being brought to court before his time. He knew they (Pharisees) were setting a trap for him. Jewish law said to stone such to death... Jesus knew that the Romans would put him to death if he followed Jewish law.. So he had to do something cunning as a fox... and he did, all the while not correcting Jewish law and not breaking Roman law... at first Jesus tried to just ignore them (started writing in the sand with his finger)... that didn't work...finally Jesus answered them... with the famous line "Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." Knowing this would stump them, he just bent down and started writing in the sand again biding his time.

Then more telling is the rest of the story... When it was just Jesus and adulterer left, he said "has no one condemned you?"... "Neither do I" (He had the power to forgive remember). She answered affirmative... Now what does Jesus say?... Does he say the crowd was wrong to bring her before him? No... Does it said anything against what they did? No... Did Jesus say what she did was not punishable as prescribed in Jewish law? No... Did Jesus say the law was not to be observed in the future? No... Jesus said "Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more." We see He still calls it sin and to not do it again.

No where in that would any sane person get that we are not to judge and that anyone was wrong for judging... Far as we can tell, caught in the act like she was, was still sin.

If I am out of context, please point it out to me where please.

Well stated and absolutely true, @Sighlass .

Thanks to both you and @roamer_1 for elaborating and explaining what I clumsily tried to say last night.

The Scripture used to make the argument was misused.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2019, 02:21:22 pm »
Good grief, @musiclady, how is that an accusation?  Don't go straight for the worst possible interpretation.  There's a very good probability that you are wrong if you do so.

Oh excuse me. I foolishly thought that being told I needed to open my heart and mind meant you thought  I didn’t have an open heart or mind.

Now, since I clearly misinterpreted what you said, perhaps you could state it again more clearly....

Oy  *****rollingeyes*****

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2019, 02:24:01 pm »

God has sent a perfect Man only once; the rest of the time He sends the man perfect for the job.  He leaves it to us to do the rest.

Indeed!   

That doesn't mean we fall on our knees and worship a man.  We do it to give thanks to Him for sending such a warrior.

With the Leftist Socialist media out in the open, making it 'anti-social' to hold Conservative thoughts...he is the ONLY human standing between our personal freedoms and anarchy.  Maybe, even death!!

Bold statement?

Give me just one other name.  Put him/her forward.   Who can put a stop to this??

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2019, 02:26:27 pm »
Oh excuse me. I foolishly thought that being told I needed to open my heart and mind meant you thought  I didn’t have an open heart or mind.

Now, since I clearly misinterpreted what you said, perhaps you could state it again more clearly....

Oy  *****rollingeyes*****

Nope.  You didn't get it the first several times; no point in repeating it. 

Offline skeeter

« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2019, 02:28:15 pm »
Indeed!   

That doesn't mean we fall on our knees and worship a man.  We do it to give thanks to Him for sending such a warrior.

With the Leftist Socialist media out in the open, making it 'anti-social' to hold Conservative thoughts...he is the ONLY human standing between our personal freedoms and anarchy.  Maybe, even death!!

Bold statement?

Give me just one other name.  Put him/her forward.   Who can put a stop to this??

We need to put a stop to this.

But someone in a position to do so does stand in the breech, thank God. Like it or not, it happens to be Trump.

How will we make use of the time he's gained us?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 02:29:40 pm by skeeter »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2019, 02:31:30 pm »
Nope.  You didn't get it the first several times; no point in repeating it.

Get what?  Repeat what?  I'm pretty bright.  I read extremely well, and I've responded to what you've said to me.

You asked me to open my mind and heart.  What did you mean by it?

(At the risk of a short term hijack of the thread, for the future of our good (I thought) relationship, please tell me why you told me to open my mind and heart just because I won't change standards that we once all had).

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2019, 02:33:33 pm »
We need to put a stop to this.

But someone in a position to do so does stand in the breech, thank God. Like it or not, it happens to be Trump.

How will we make use of the time he's gained us?

This thread tells us exactly how!  We will argue minutiae, cast stones at the character of Trump and anyone who defends him, and argue over Bible verses and their proper interpretation and if anyone doesn't believe our fundamental and fairly unique intrepretation, they're WRONG.

By the way, I believe the correct number is 1001.*

*Angels who can dance on the head of a pin. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2019, 02:34:00 pm »
Like I said, I know and trust Jim Dobson.

We will certainly find out if he is correct, in due time.

James Dobson sold his soul for political power decades ago.

It is unwise to trust religious leaders who have become entrenched in politics and the power it gives them.

Politics corrupts.