Author Topic: CHRISTIANS WHO HATE TRUMP  (Read 4399 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: CHRISTIANS WHO HATE TRUMP
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2019, 11:16:47 pm »
Another round showing "religious" #nevertrumpers can't tell the pulpit from the head of government.

The Brits beheaded Charles I, to install Oliver Crommwell, who installed aa puritanical church overnment, with himself as head.

That soon grew unpopular, and they went back to their King Charles II, instead of a religion based  puritan based system.

That experience influenced our Founding Fathers,  who steered well clear of merging government with state.
Most all US  Presidents have had flaws.

Fixed it for you.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2019, 11:20:38 pm »
I seem to recall a story from the Bible in which Jesus Christ himself interacted with members of a mob surrounding a harlot who had been found in their midst and threatening to stone her.  I believe he said something along the lines of "let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Indeed.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2019, 11:41:21 pm »
I think that rule has been suspended for Trump.    :shrug:

Not the point.

It’s a very different situation from the Scriptural story.

We are indeed not supposed to stone (other) sinners, but that is very different from expecting character in a President.

Conflating the lesson Jesus was teaching about looking inward before condemning others (a lesson which those around him clearly understood), is not even remotely the same as asking that our leaders be truthful, decent and moral.

We, formerly in the Republican Party have always...... ALWAYS..... had that expectation in those we nominated.

The fact that it is no longer true, and that there is pretense that nothing has changed is disturbing, to say the least.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2019, 12:44:04 am »
General comment.

I keep hearing about Trump’s past personal behavior. I don’t think it’s so much out of the realm of normal male behavior.

Guys, can we talk? Which of you hasn’t had—let’s call it, a frisky—past personal behavior issue or two? Let’s pick arbitrary numbers here, say between the age of 13 and 30, have all of you lead a sin-free life? Come on guys, you know what I’m talking about.

How many of you men, maybe even some of you women, would like to have your poor choices in the biological imperative department to come out years later, after you’ve matured, learned some lessons and have led a decent life since. But then some information about your past with women is dug up and used to go after you, to get you fired from your job or blackmailed or worse, get you in trouble with #metoo attacks and lawsuits.

So millionaire Donald Trump had women throwing themselves at him—what a surprise—was divorced twice and probably fooled around in-between marriages—maybe even during marriage, and engaged in guy talk with the boys about it. You girls don’t talk to each other?

I don’t think that this should disqualify someone for a lifetime either from employment or from redemption.

The problem is not that Trump has some shady past doing this and that... We all have sins... but Trump says he has NOTHING to confess and ask forgiveness for. Total opposite of me, I broke most every rule in the book and admit it. I tell my kids the reason they can't get anything over me is cause I did it all (I wrote the book in the 80s on how not to live). It breaks my heart to this day that Jesus's precious blood was half spilled on my behalf leaving so little for the rest of you.

King David had a man killed so he could have his wife.... God forgave him... but it wasn't without pain and suffering and losing his son and living the rest of his life with fear his own will kill him..  but beyond that is this little tidbit.... Howbeit, because by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme.

That in a nutshell is why I didn't want Trump... he took the high ground away from Christians and Conservatives. He gives "great occasion" for them and we have see that play out daily. (reference 2 Samuel Chapter 12)
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline skeeter

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2019, 12:56:59 am »
Not the point.

We are indeed not supposed to stone (other) sinners, but that is very different from expecting character in a President.

Conflating the lesson Jesus was teaching about looking inward before condemning others (a lesson which those around him clearly understood), is not even remotely the same as asking that our leaders be truthful, decent and moral.

We, formerly in the Republican Party have always...... ALWAYS..... had that expectation in those we nominated.

The fact that it is no longer true, and that there is pretense that nothing has changed is disturbing, to say the least.
We may have had that expectation and our chosen may have given it lip service but not since Reagan has one of them delivered.

Some of us recognize that, after having been betrayed time after time, are now just looking for results. And I must say with Trump I’m pleasantly surprised.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 12:58:16 am by skeeter »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2019, 01:05:23 am »
We may have had that expectation and our chosen may have given it lip service but not since Reagan has one of them delivered.

Some of us recognize that, after having been betrayed time after time, are now just looking for results. And I must say with Trump I’m pleasantly surprised.

I voted for Ted Cruz in the primary and continue to believe that he would have been a fine president but it didn't happen that way and Trump became president.  To my great surprise, he has performed admirably and in the process moved things in my direction more than anyone since Reagan.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2019, 01:08:38 am »

Perhaps you just believe what you want to believe because you want Trump to be a hero.

He shows signs every day of his lack of truthfulness and character.

Shutting your eyes doesn’t make the truth go away.

The reasons I didn’t vote for Trump still exist.  He was elected- not transformed into someone else.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline skeeter

« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2019, 01:08:46 am »
I voted for Ted Cruz in the primary and continue to believe that he would have been a fine president but it didn't happen that way and Trump became president.  To my great surprise, he has performed admirably and in the process moved things in my direction more than anyone since Reagan.

I voted for Cruz as well, and I despised Trump initially. But I have to call a spade a spade, and after all it is the country I care about.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2019, 01:17:36 am »
I voted for Cruz as well, and I despised Trump initially. But I have to call a spade a spade, and after all it is the country I care about.

I agree, Skeeter.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2019, 01:33:24 am »
I agree, Skeeter.
It sure beats complainin’ don’t it?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2019, 01:39:36 am »
Not the point.

Really?  I don't see it as all that different at all.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2019, 01:43:59 am »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2019, 01:47:43 am »
Really?  I don't see it as all that different at all.

Well I’m sorry you don’t see it, but expecting moral leaders is very different from murdering adulterers with stones.   :shrug:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2019, 01:51:34 am »
Well I’m sorry you don’t see it, but expecting moral leaders is very different from murdering adulterers with stones.   :shrug:

Trump was running as a moral leader?

Offline EdJames

« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2019, 01:54:57 am »

The quote that Big introduced was "let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2019, 01:56:11 am »

I don't see expecting as having a thing to do with it.  The only difference I can see is a literal vs virtual stoning of a person.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2019, 02:03:17 am »

Well, the fact that he wasn’t, and so many in the Republican Party that used to claim to represent family values, and Christian “leaders “ made excuses for him and didn’t give a rip that he was a serial adulterer and self-admitted molester, is proof positive that our culture has descended into the abyss and that there is no place in the political system for people who value character and integrity.

None at all.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2019, 02:08:40 am »
I don't see expecting as having a thing to do with it.  The only difference I can see is a literal vs virtual stoning of a person.

Lol! So now you think I’m (figuratively) stoning Donald Trump because character matters to me??

Gimme a break, Bigun! You’re better than that!

This is what I’ve always believed- and will long after Trump is out of office.

Eternal standards don’t change because of political expediency.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2019, 02:11:22 am »
It's easy (and lazy) to call people with whom you disagree "haters" . . .
@Victoria33
Or, to diagnose those with whom you disagree as suffering from one or another sort of derangement syndrome. Which didn't begin with President Tweety's sycophancy diagnosing those who demur from The Master as suffering TDS, and probably won't end there, either.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2019, 02:13:21 am »
Lol! So now you think I’m (figuratively) stoning Donald Trump because character matters to me??

Gimme a break, Bigun! You’re better than that!

This is what I’ve always believed- and will long after Trump is out of office.

Eternal standards don’t change because of political expediency.

No, and you can stop trying to put words I never said in my mouth anytime.

I have never counted you as being among those Christians who hate Trump but perhaps I was mistaken.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2019, 02:20:22 am »
Well, the fact that he wasn’t, and so many in the Republican Party that used to claim to represent family values, and Christian “leaders “ made excuses for him and didn’t give a rip that he was a serial adulterer and self-admitted molester, is proof positive that our culture has descended into the abyss and that there is no place in the political system for people who value character and integrity.

None at all.

So, how is that on Trump?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2019, 02:24:36 am »
The problem is not that Trump has some shady past doing this and that... We all have sins... but Trump says he has NOTHING to confess and ask forgiveness for. 

Confession is a deeply personal act between one soul and God; not between a man and half a world ready to stone him to death regardless of his answer.   We'd do well to remember that none of us knows what's in the President's heart @Sighlass  and to stand firm against the pull of the Sanhedrin.

God has sent a perfect Man only once; the rest of the time he sends the man perfect for the job.  He leaves it to us to do the rest.

Offline EdJames

« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2019, 02:30:46 am »
Confession is a deeply personal act between one soul and God; not between a man and half a world ready to stone him to death regardless of his answer.   We'd do well to remember that none of us knows what's in the President's heart @Sighlass  and to stand firm against the pull of the Sanhedrin.

God has sent a perfect Man only once; the rest of the time he sends the man perfect for the job.  He leaves it to us to do the rest.

Very well said!!

:trophy:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2019, 02:35:02 am »

Whoa.  I completely agree with that. 

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2019, 02:39:21 am »

:hands: :hands: :hands:  :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands:

- J. R. R. Tolkien