Author Topic: CHRISTIANS WHO HATE TRUMP  (Read 4330 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: CHRISTIANS WHO HATE TRUMP
« Reply #125 on: September 08, 2019, 06:13:43 pm »
I can't help thinking now about how many dubious presidents were (are) considered by their sycophancies to have been sent by God.

If those sycophancies were right, then God was really p.o.ed at us!  wink777

That's right.

2 Chronicles 7:14 King James Version (KJV)

14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #126 on: September 08, 2019, 06:25:12 pm »
But, not nations in quite the sense of Mexico or the United States for instance.  It doesn't mean nation as we use that word.

Yes, it does. Of course it does.

The nation of Egypt was not only the people of Mitzraim. It was Egypt, as governed and geographically defined.... And YHWH judged her, and set his people free... and many others of mixed heritage went with them...

We can take it to PMs if you would like to continue; here is not the place.

Sure. Knock yourself out.  :beer:

Offline Idiot

« Reply #127 on: September 08, 2019, 09:00:20 pm »
Let's find out, shall we?

Like I said, I will happily enter into that debate.
Knowing "about Jesus" is quite different than actually "knowing Jesus" my friend....

Offline musiclady

« Reply #128 on: September 08, 2019, 09:26:10 pm »
Knowing "about Jesus" is quite different than actually "knowing Jesus" my friend....

We need to do both.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #129 on: September 09, 2019, 01:15:32 am »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #130 on: September 09, 2019, 07:58:38 am »
We need to do both.

That's right.
There is no law without grace, and there is no grace without law.
Therein lies the Word made flesh.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #131 on: September 09, 2019, 12:35:56 pm »
That's right.
There is no law without grace, and there is no grace without law.
Therein lies the Word made flesh.

Amen and AMEN!!

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #132 on: September 09, 2019, 01:26:11 pm »
The verse used upthread to excuse immoral behavior was misinterpreted.  It's not a matter of being "open minded."  It's a matter of studying and understanding what is really being said in that verse.

And it is not that we shouldn't expect integrity in a President.

@musiclady

Really?  The passage that verse comes from is much longer and ends with these words from Jesus "Neither do I condemn the. Go and sin no more."

There is no question that some need more reading and study.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #133 on: September 09, 2019, 01:41:04 pm »
@musiclady

Really?  The passage that verse comes from is much longer and ends with these words from Jesus "Neither do I condemn the. Go and sin no more."

There is no question that some need more reading and study.

I know the passage, Bigun and have studied enough to know that the surface appearance of many passages without understanding the depth and breadth of the background is not as simple as many would like it to be.

Actually, the "Go and sin no more" is a pretty significant part of the reason we shouldn't dismiss sinful behavior in ourselves, or others.

But before the snark attacks return, I shall cease and desist as others have already said far more completely what I clumsily said several days ago.

"i do not think it means what you think it means."

Peace.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #134 on: September 09, 2019, 03:41:47 pm »
I know the passage, Bigun and have studied enough to know that the surface appearance of many passages without understanding the depth and breadth of the background is not as simple as many would like it to be.

Actually, the "Go and sin no more" is a pretty significant part of the reason we shouldn't dismiss sinful behavior in ourselves, or others.

But before the snark attacks return, I shall cease and desist as others have already said far more completely what I clumsily said several days ago.

"i do not think it means what you think it means."

Peace.

You are perfectly entitled to your own opinions but that does not mean they are correct.

I just re-read this entire thread and stand by every word I've said on it.  Not going to say anything else.

Have a nice day!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 03:54:52 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #135 on: September 09, 2019, 04:09:13 pm »
You are perfectly entitled to your own opinions but that does not mean they are correct.

I just re-read this entire thread and stand by every word I've said on it.  Not going to say anything else.

Have a nice day!

Same here.  I stand by everything I said and will say no more here.