Author Topic: What did Trump think the Taliban is?..by Paul Mirengoff  (Read 352 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What did Trump think the Taliban is?..by Paul Mirengoff
« on: September 09, 2019, 01:19:17 pm »
 Posted on September 8, 2019 by Paul Mirengoff
What did Trump think the Taliban is?

President Trump was to have met with leaders of the Taliban this weekend. The get together was to have occurred at Camp David. The goal was to finalize a deal under which the U.S. would effectively pull out of Afghanistan, leaving it to the Taliban’s tender mercies.

I agree with Rep. Liz Cheney who said:

Camp David is where America’s leaders met to plan our response after al Qaeda, supported by the Taliban, killed 3000 Americans on 9/11. No member of the Taliban should set foot there. Ever.

We certainly should not use Camp David to put the finishing touches on abandoning Afghanistan, where the first major portion of our response to 9/11 occurred. There are other venues where Trump can accomplish this, if that’s his desire. I hear he owns some nice hotels and golf courses.

But Trump’s meeting with the Taliban will not take place — not for a while, anyway. Trump cancelled it after the Taliban took responsibility for an attack last week that killed a U.S. soldier.

more
https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2019/09/what-did-trump-think-the-taliban-is.php
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline OfTheCross

Re: What did Trump think the Taliban is?..by Paul Mirengoff
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 02:21:56 pm »
Posted on September 8, 2019 by Paul Mirengoff
What did Trump think the Taliban is?

President Trump was to have met with leaders of the Taliban this weekend. The get together was to have occurred at Camp David. The goal was to finalize a deal under which the U.S. would effectively pull out of Afghanistan, leaving it to the Taliban’s tender mercies.

We certainly should not use Camp David to put the finishing touches on abandoning Afghanistan, where the first major portion of our response to 9/11 occurred. There are other venues where Trump can accomplish this, if that’s his desire. I hear he owns some nice hotels and golf courses.

But Trump’s meeting with the Taliban will not take place — not for a while, anyway. Trump cancelled it after the Taliban took responsibility for an attack last week that killed a U.S. soldier.

more
https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2019/09/what-did-trump-think-the-taliban-is.php

Yeah...it's disrespectful to even have them on American soil, imo
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 02:40:36 pm »

Camp David is where America’s leaders met to plan our response after al Qaeda, supported by the Taliban, killed 3000 Americans on 9/11. No member of the Taliban should set foot there. Ever.

This is the sappiest, most ridiculous line of reasoning; and that this is from Liz Cheney is stunning. 

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 02:45:44 pm »
We certainly should not use Camp David to put the finishing touches on abandoning Afghanistan, where the first major portion of our response to 9/11 occurred.

I don't care if they use the GD Oval Office to get us out of this sh*t hole. Carpet bomb the entire territory, including airfields, and set all the poppy fields ablaze on the way out the door.  Then slam it shut and bolt it from the outside. 

The world will thank us.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2019, 03:18:47 pm »

This is the sappiest, most ridiculous line of reasoning; and that this is from Liz Cheney is stunning.

I'm trying to be sensitive to those who would disagree with this, but I find myself agreeing with @Right_in_Virginia

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2019, 03:20:13 pm »
I don't care if they use the GD Oval Office to get us out of this sh*t hole. Carpet bomb the entire territory, including airfields, and set all the poppy fields ablaze on the way out the door.  Then slam it shut and bolt it from the outside. 

The world will thank us.

I doubt that it will ever happen....  they are pulling out all of the stops to keep this gravy train going....  resorting to rank emotionalism at this point....  they will not go quietly into the night...

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2019, 03:26:30 pm »
I doubt that it will ever happen....  they are pulling out all of the stops to keep this gravy train going....  resorting to rank emotionalism at this point....  they will not go quietly into the night...

It's infuriating  9999hair out0000