Author Topic: Cherokee Nation Names First Delegate To Congress  (Read 437 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Cherokee Nation Names First Delegate To Congress
« on: September 03, 2019, 02:59:15 pm »
Cherokee Nation Names First Delegate To Congress
Graham L Brewer

Kimberly Teehee is being nominated by Cherokee National Principal Chief Chuck Hoskin Jr. as a delegate to the U.S. House of Representatives. Sue Ogrocki/AP hide caption
Sue Ogrocki/AP

The Cherokee Nation has named its first ever delegate to the U.S. House of Representatives. Former Obama appointee Kimberley Teehee's nomination was approved by the tribe's council on Thursday. Although the treaty that created this non-voting position is almost 200 years old, it's never been filled.

The article outlining the right to a delegate is in the Treaty of New Echota. The 1835 treaty is also the document that led to the Trail of Tears, something that has been top of mind for Teehee. She points out the treaty gave up the Cherokee's homelands and cost the tribe thousands of lives.

"Literally blood sweat and tears," Teehee said. "We can't ignore that history and what it meant for us to have a provision like that put in place given the devastation that occurred and the deaths that occurred."

Read more at: https://www.npr.org/2019/09/03/756048206/cherokee-nation-names-first-delegate-to-congress

Offline libertybele

Re: Cherokee Nation Names First Delegate To Congress
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 03:11:54 pm »
Purely symbolic as it is a non-voting position which is perhaps why its never been filled.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 03:46:39 pm »
"Delegate Teehee?"  Is this some sort of sick joke?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2019, 08:50:57 pm »
Well if it is, it looks to be a big one..............................sorry, blame it on the voices in my head.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2019, 08:52:51 pm »
Teehee needs a bigger Teepee.   333cleo
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2019, 08:53:49 pm »
Well if it is, it looks to be a big one..............................sorry, blame it on the voices in my head.

I can't wait to see what flavor of loony-toons this one is.  Those are the voices in mine, and I always do what they tell me to.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2019, 09:04:24 pm »

Deeply Saddened by this News.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2019, 11:13:59 pm »

teehee teehee ... Funny but not worth a bwahaha.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2019, 01:16:47 am »
Ghost:
"Teehee needs a bigger Teepee."

Looks like Teehee's teepee is big enough to me...!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2019, 05:50:24 am »
Purely symbolic as it is a non-voting position which is perhaps why its never been filled.
Yes, but at least a real Cherokee has a chance to say something there.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2019, 06:20:31 am »
468 Best King of Pop: Michael Jackson! images in 2017 ...
Let's all say, Tee Hee! The way you turn me on!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2019, 01:38:31 pm »
Yes, but at least a real Cherokee has a chance to say something there.

Will she be constructive, or a barking moonbat on the Rat Reservation?  It will be interesting to see what miss Tee Hee does. 

ETA:  Goggled her, and Wiki indicates she's a far left Rat who worked for Clinton and Obastard's White Hut.  The Cherokee have disappointed.

Teehee served as the first deputy director of Native American Outreach for the Democratic National Committee and director of Native American outreach for President Bill Clinton's 1997 inauguration. She then served as an advisor to Democratic Congressman Dale Kildee of Michigan.[2][3]
Tribal Energy Summit

In the Obama administration she served on the White House Domestic Policy Council.[4] Beginning July 2009, she assumed the new position of senior policy advisor for Native American affairs and advised the president about issues pertaining to Indian Country.[3]

During her tenure at the White House, she played a major role in securing reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA). In 2015, after leaving the White House, the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians honored her for her work on VAWA, especially as it related to prosecuting non-natives who abuse native women on tribal lands.[6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimberly_Teehee
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 01:44:38 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.