Author Topic: The battle for Tepalcatepec, Michoacán: 9 dead as cartel war continues (Mexico)  (Read 333 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I think the below picture is after this gun battle between too rival cartels; the National Guard now comes in, standing guard outside the hospital.

National Guard on patrol at a hospital where wounded hitmen were being treated after yesterday's gun battle.

The battle for Tepalcatepec, Michoacán: 9 dead as cartel war continues

The CJNG is fighting with the “Cartel del Abuelo” (grandfather) for control of the western Michoacán municipality
Published on Saturday, August 31, 2019

The Jalisco New Generation Cartel (CJNG) yesterday fulfilled its promise to attack the Michoacán municipality of Tepalcatepec, leaving nine presumed cartel hitmen dead.

Convoys of pickup trucks filled with men and armed with Barrett 50-millimeter rifles began entering communities in the municipality around 7:00am, clashing with municipal police.

In the municipal seat of Tepalcatepec, the shooting ended around 10:00am but in the communities of Loma Blanca, La Estanzuela and Plaza Vieja, fighting continued for another hour and forced schools and businesses to close.

Read more at: https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/9-dead-as-cartel-war-continues/

Now, from yesterday's battle report which was in the North, this is more to the West of Mexico bordering on the Pacific ocean, that blue spot, Michoacan:

Which shows, this is daily and news articles of the past few days have been saying the "war" is getting worse down there, we are also at the point where, it is not always a "drug war" but a number of issues could be at stake, most if not all criminal.

C at the beginning of any name will most always mean Cartel, so this story involves the famous Cartel Jalisco Nueva Generacion (New Generation) against???  Then, after that, the article goes into some detail as to the warring sides, but I'm a bit lost on that.

"Cartel Hitmen killed", that sounds good as if we hear "Terrorists" killed.

And how does Mexico compare with Afghanistan?  I'd think actually, the Jihadists are smarter, more clever. We don't really hear about IEDs in Mexico which have been so deadly in the ME wars. This might be more akin to say? Gangland Chicago in the 1920s? It kind of seems that way to me.  Just guns a' blazin'.

It's absolutely "loco" to read about what is happening there.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 09:22:06 pm by TomSea »