Author Topic: Netflix is now a propaganda machine for the Obamas  (Read 500 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Netflix is now a propaganda machine for the Obamas
« on: August 28, 2019, 01:53:51 pm »
 Netflix is now a propaganda machine for the Obamas

By Armond White

August 27, 2019 | 1:13pm

This week’s widespread media blitz heralding Netflix’s broadcast of its first Obama-endorsed presentation, “American Factory,” was more than synchronicity. It felt as though US publicists and journalists collectively exhaled their relief at finally regaining the bully pulpit.

Reviews of “American Factory,” a doc by indie veterans Julia Reichert and Steven Bognar, were not reliable accounts of the film’s quality. Its lack of focus following a Chinese manufacturer’s takeover of a former General Motors plant in Ohio — a move that fails to relieve working-class anxieties but, instead, predicts job-market doom — didn’t faze flacks and reviewers. The media class saw Reichert and Bognar’s facile, generalized survey as a chance to take on President Trump’s trade policy; many jettisoned film critique to try their hand at economic and moral analysis instead.

Those in power have usurped the old bromide “speaking truth to power.” They now speak rhetoric to the masses.

This deliberate misinterpretation of “American Factory” was, in fact, amplification of the political design that, no doubt, was always part of Netflix’s game plan when it signed Barack and Michelle Obama jointly to an impresario contract. (The monetary figure remains undisclosed, but the timing of Netflix’s offer corresponded with the Obamas’ well-publicized $65 million publishing agreements, proof of the media industry’s enthusiastic support of the former White House occupants in their role as cultural influencers.)

more
https://nypost.com/2019/08/27/netflix-is-now-a-propaganda-machine-for-the-obamas/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

Re: Netflix is now a propaganda machine for the Obamas
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 02:06:27 pm »
I left Netflix last month after seven years for Amazon Prime Video. Besides, for someone like me—not woke—Netflix has no appeal. It has virtually no movie classics or westerns, while Amazon has a ton.

So, finally it was bye bye to the LGBTQUERTY network. And, I couldn’t be happier.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 02:08:41 pm »
I left Netflix last month after seven years for Amazon Prime Video. Besides, for someone like me—not woke—Netflix has no appeal. It has virtually no movie classics or westerns, while Amazon has a ton.

So, finally it was bye bye to the LGBTQUERTY network. And, I couldn’t be happier.

Agree. Netflix has always had zero to offer movie wise. Now it really offers zero.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 04:18:45 pm »
Agree. Netflix has always had zero to offer movie wise. Now it really offers zero.

Netflix was never very good, for the non-political reasons @aligncare outlined.  I had them for a couple of months years ago and I dumped them because I could not find the flix I wanted to watch.  This Obastard business is just an attempt to fetch more eyeballs, and it's doomed to fail because he's not the popular figure they tell themselves he is.

May the USS Netflix sink in the harbor, taking Obastard with them.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2019, 01:21:23 am »
I've never subscribed to any of the streaming services -- they have nothing I want to see.

For movies, I "go to the torrents" and find old stuff (often restored to "better-than-new" quality). My last several "Sunday night movies" have been anti-communist films I've been able to dig up. Currently trying to grab "I Was a communist For the FBI"  from the torrents...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2019, 01:38:04 am »
I've never subscribed to any of the streaming services -- they have nothing I want to see.

For movies, I "go to the torrents" and find old stuff (often restored to "better-than-new" quality). My last several "Sunday night movies" have been anti-communist films I've been able to dig up. Currently trying to grab "I Was a communist For the FBI"  from the torrents...

I have Fire Sticks with Amazon Prime.  Since I already have Prime for the free shipping (I order a crapton of stuff from Amazon), it's thrown in for free. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2019, 01:47:02 am »
We got rid of Netflix a while back. Hulu (with ads) and Prime. The free shipping with Prime pays for the tv part several times over. @Cyber Liberty
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2019, 01:53:14 am »
We got rid of Netflix a while back. Hulu (with ads) and Prime. The free shipping with Prime pays for the tv part several times over. @Cyber Liberty

The shipping deal is great!  I got a new Kegerator delivered for free. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2019, 01:58:35 am »
The shipping deal is great!  I got a new Kegerator delivered for free.

We are pretty much to the point of doing all of our holiday shopping online now. The wife gets a lot of things for her mom. Clothes for the g-kids. Doesn't matter if some of the kids clothes are cheap. Kids outgrow the clothes before they fall apart.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2019, 02:04:59 am »
I thought I was the only one. Yep, no Netflix for me. The reason is the same. Even though they may have 10,000 movies, none of them appeal to me. I've had Amazon Prime forever. They consider me to be a veteran member. Every so often, I get special deals and promotions because of this. Had HULU for a while, but I used it up. I watched everything HULU had that was of interest to me and cancelled. That was several years ago. Might give it another shot to see if anything has changed.

Currently rewatching FarScape on AP. Didn't watch it for a long time because it looks 'silly', like a muppet show. But it really does have a compelling plot. When I finally got around to watching it, I loved it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2019, 02:13:44 am »
I thought I was the only one. Yep, no Netflix for me. The reason is the same. Even though they may have 10,000 movies, none of them appeal to me. I've had Amazon Prime forever. They consider me to be a veteran member. Every so often, I get special deals and promotions because of this. Had HULU for a while, but I used it up. I watched everything HULU had that was of interest to me and cancelled. That was several years ago. Might give it another shot to see if anything has changed.

Currently rewatching FarScape on AP. Didn't watch it for a long time because it looks 'silly', like a muppet show. But it really does have a compelling plot. When I finally got around to watching it, I loved it.

You mentioned the one TeeBee show that got me pissed enough at Netflix to cancel it on the spot.  I was halfway through FarScape when they canceled it!  Took it right off the menu between episodes.
I will NOT comply.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2019, 02:19:22 am »

Hulu dropped their price. They have some shows my wife likes. I mostly watch Youtube. Netflix raised their price. Watching Burn Notice on Prime now.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2019, 02:38:55 am »
I cancelled Netfucks today.  Signed up for Hulu live tv.   333cleo
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2019, 03:11:08 am »
I cancelled Netf*cks today.  Signed up for Hulu live tv.   333cleo

Whoo hoo!   333cleo 333cleo 333cleo 333cleo 333cleo 333cleo 333cleo
I will NOT comply.