Author Topic: 'I'm not going to do it': Mattis told Trump that next Pentagon chief would have 'to lose to ISIS'  (Read 207 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
'I'm not going to do it': Mattis told Trump that next Pentagon chief would have 'to lose to ISIS'
 by Tim Pearce  | August 29, 2019 10:27 AM

Former Secretary of Defense Gen. James Mattis offered his resignation after failing to convince President Trump to walk back a pledge to pull all American troops out of Syria.

The interaction was published in an Atlantic article published Thursday. Mattis requested a meeting with Trump following a December announcement by the president that he would pull troops out of Syria.

Mattis met with Trump for roughly 30 minutes and argued to keep troops in Syria. The president rejected Mattis's arguments and the Defense secretary handed over his resignation letter, saying, "You're going to have to get the next secretary of defense to lose to ISIS. I'm not going to do it."

Read more at: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/im-not-going-to-do-it-mattis-told-trump-that-next-pentagon-chief-would-have-to-lose-to-isis

:yowsa:

Laying down the law Jimmy!

:amen:

And just joshing, not gloating, we somewhat gave in and have left troops there, we were going to leave a small contingent there anyway to watch the Iranians.  Hey, and it's not for us to waste blood and treasure but to do right.... you know.    888high58888