Author Topic: 'The Bible stays': Mike Pence blasts 'politically correct' efforts undertaken by Obama  (Read 261 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

'The Bible stays': Mike Pence blasts 'politically correct' efforts undertaken by Obama
Washington Times, Aug 29, 2019

The Bible under bolted glass at the VA Hospital received a hearty note of support from Vice President Mike Pence on Wednesday, who spoke to the American Legion national convention in defiance of what he termed efforts to be “politically correct” undertaken by the Obama administration.

“You might’ve heard even today that there’s a lawsuit to remove a Bible that was carried in World War II from a Missing Man Table at a VA hospital in New Hampshire,” said Mr. Pence, in prepared remarks before the 101st American Legion convention in Indianapolis. “It’s really no surprise because, under the last administration, VA hospitals were removing Bibles and even banning Christmas carols in an effort to be politically correct.”

Mr. Pence said under the Trump Administration, VA hospitals will not be “religion-free zones.”

“And my message to the New Hampshire VA hospital is: The Bible stays,” he said, pointing out to the audience, who responded with whoops of applause.

More:  https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/aug/28/mike-pence-defends-bible-va-hospital-new-hampshre/

Online Right_in_Virginia

Bill Kristol
Verified accountï‚™ @BillKristol 

For some reason, Mike Pence portentously proclaiming that “The Bible Stays” reminds me of the popular two-line bumper sticker in Boston during my college years:
First line: “Jesus Saves”
Second line: “But Esposito Scores on the Rebound.”

4:05 PM - 28 Aug 2019

Offline skeeter

We need a reminder from time to time just what a president like Obama looks like.

As well as an ass like Bill Kristol.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 01:51:20 pm by skeeter »

Offline Applewood

Some people object to Pence's Christian way of life.  I admire him for being steadfast.  He's right on this matter.  The H with the perpetually offended.  The Bible should stay.  If you don't like it, tough!

Offline bilo

“It’s really no surprise because, under the last administration, VA hospitals were removing Bibles and even banning Christmas carols in an effort to be politically correct.”

It's really more insidious than just trying to remove Bibles to avoid offending some group. The leftists are systematically trying to destroy the USA from within by eroding the cultural lynchpins that hold us together. It's been going on for a long time and under obama it finally got to the point where they thought they could come out of the closet and show their true face. It's part of the reason the leftists are running around with their hair on fire. They can't believe the country would pick Trump over the new utopia they were going to create.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home