Author Topic: MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell apologizes, retracts report on Trump finances  (Read 434 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell apologizes, retracts report on Trump finances
Politico, Aug 28, 2019

MSNBC host Lawrence O’Donnell on Wednesday retracted his reporting that claimed Russian oligarchs had co-signed for Deutsche Bank loans to President Donald Trump, and he apologized for not adhering to professional standards.

“Last night on this show I discussed information that wasn't ready for reporting,“ O‘Donnell said at the top of his show Wednesday night. “I did not go through the rigorous verification and standards process here at MSNBC before repeating what I heard from my source. Had it gone through that process I would not have been permitted to report it. I should not have said it on air or posted it on Twitter. I was wrong to do so.“

“Tonight we are retracting the story,” he added. “We don‘t know whether the information is inaccurate. But the fact is, we do know it wasn‘t ready for broadcast, and for that I apologize.“

More:  https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/28/trump-lawrence-odonnell-deutsche-bank-1476863

“Tonight we are retracting the story,” he added. “We don‘t know whether the information is inaccurate. But the fact is, we do know it wasn‘t ready for broadcast, and for that I apologize.“

I'm not sure this meets the specs in the Harder letter.   :pondering:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
That is a non-apology apology.
Sorry, not sorry.
The information is easily verifiable.
If they still don't know that what they reported is inaccurate, it is because they still have not checked.
Trump should proceed with legal action.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
MSNBC: Trump is a Russian spy who had sex with Putin!
Trump: You can't say that. I demand an apology.
MSNBC: Although we cannot prove President Trump is not a Russian spy who had sex with Putin, we apologize for reporting facts which may or may not be true.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

rangerrebew

August 29, 2019
MSNBC and its host Lawrence O’Donnell humiliated, forced to retract charges against President Trump
By Thomas Lifson

President Trump’s charge that his media enemies peddle fake news about him got reinforcement yesterday from one of his primary antagonists, who scored an own-goal on his team, MSNBC. That cable news channel’s host Lawrence O’Donnell on Tuesday had opened his show with a charge that President Trump’s loans from Deutsche Bank had been co-signed by Russian oligarchs close to Vladimir Putin, guaranteeing repayment at a time when his finances were strained. This amounted to mouth-to-mouth resuscitation for the Russia hoax, the claim that Vlad Putin has Trump in his hip pocket, a dream that the Left simply cannot let go of. As

O’Donnell opened his show Tuesday, he touted his hot story to Rachel Maddow as the cable network transitioned to O’Donnell’s show from Maddow’s:

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/08/msnbc_and_its_host_lawrence_odonnell_humiliated_forced_to_retract_charges_against_president_trump.html

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
He didn't "retract" anything. All he said is that they are not sure if it is true or not?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Lawrence O’Donnell’s apology ‘not enough’, Eric Trump goes for lawsuit
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/08/29/lawrence-odonnells-apology-not-enough-eric-trump-goes-for-lawsuit-802537
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jpsb

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm not sure this meets the specs in the Harder letter.   :pondering:

Apparently not!

Lawrence O’Donnell’s apology ‘not enough’, Eric Trump goes for lawsuit
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/08/29/lawrence-odonnells-apology-not-enough-eric-trump-goes-for-lawsuit-802537

Loose the dogs of war, and cry "havoc!" 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline MOD3

Topics merged.