Chick-fil-A
24 (70.6%)
Popeyes
7 (20.6%)
Tyson's
1 (2.9%)
Local Stop and Rob
1 (2.9%)
How can you eat a poor defenseless bird?
1 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Voting closed: September 06, 2019, 11:25:59 pm

Author Topic: Who has the Best Chicken Sandwich?  (Read 4419 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Who has the Best Chicken Sandwich?
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2019, 04:50:56 am »
That's KFC, not Popeye

I see.  I'm bass-ackwards.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2019, 05:03:03 am »
A&W has been for shit since 1980.  I'm not a big soda drinker (can't stand colas or 7-up), so I can be a little picky.  I want pop that is made with real sugar, and it can be bloody difficult to find.  For root beer I'm trying out Hansen's, and IBC creme soda right now.  The local Kroger has some really nice stuff in several flavors, but they quit making it.  They must have imported a bunch of Business Admin bulletheads from KFC.

If I could stand cola, I'd be trying a line of Pepsi products they recently introduced, made from sugar.  If I was a real soda-head I'd be having it shipped in from Mexico.  They may not be able to make beans correctly on the first fry, but dag-nabbit, they know their shit about pop.

When I was a kid, we'd get A&W by the gallon jug from the drive-in, a Quarter or so for bottle deposit.  Great stuff.

One of the local grocery chains has soda from Mexico.  Not sure about root beer, I just keep a 7up on hand to settle an upset stomach, and I can't stand HFCS.   They don't stock it with the regular pop, it's in the artsy-fartsy isle.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2019, 05:05:28 am »
One of the local grocery chains has soda from Mexico.  Not sure about root beer, I just keep a 7up on hand to settle an upset stomach, and I can't stand HFCS.   They don't stock it with the regular pop, it's in the artsy-fartsy isle.

That whole thing (HFCS) and the cost is why I went back to my roots and started drinking sweet tea. Gallons, literally for pennies... made with stuff I know.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2019, 10:42:17 am »
Alas, there are no Popeyes restaurants near me, so I can't compare their sandwiches with Chick-fil-A .  Do like CFA's sandwich, but then again,  I will always have a soft spot for CFA.  Tasty food, good employees, clean restaurants.  What not to like?

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2019, 12:23:41 pm »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2019, 12:40:23 pm »
I love Chick fil-A  sandwiches,  and I love Popeye's fried chicken (mild recipe).   Haven't tried the Popeye's chicken sandwich.   Biggest issue I have with Popeye's is too many of the stores are dingy and dirty.   They're just not very inviting for ROMEOs like me who like to relax with a newspaper.    It's the Chick fil-A customer experience that makes the difference. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online mountaineer

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2019, 12:43:40 pm »
Are they the kind used for "broasting?"  Those things are marvels of engineering.  Deep-fry, but under pressure.
That's what Wendy's uses, too. I always liked their spicy chicken sandwich with a little mayo and a couple of slices of tomato.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2019, 03:14:57 pm »
I voted CFA....  enjoy everything that I have ever tried there....  that tortilla soup as well!!

:yowsa:

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2019, 05:28:27 pm »
Hubby buys this soda made with pure can sugar in a mixed case from Costco:  http://www.dublinbottlingworks.com/

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2019, 12:07:19 am »
Ok. I admit it. Never been in a Popeyes or a CFA. If I want a chicken sandwich I butterfly some chicken breast and go from there. A hot and spicy mustard is a must.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Drago

• "Life is a Journey"

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2019, 10:23:03 am »
Ok. I admit it. Never been in a Popeyes or a CFA. If I want a chicken sandwich I butterfly some chicken breast and go from there. A hot and spicy mustard is a must.
Me too. It's a blessing and a curse. I'm such a good cook that I very rarely eat outside the house. Anything I want, and I do mean anything, any dish I see on TV or on the internet, if I want it I simply make it. And it is always a thousand times better than anything I could buy somewhere. One of these days I will take courses in cooking school to get a certification in culinary arts.

Believe it or not, cooking and engineering have a lot in common. They are both about following procedures. They are both about how one thing fits with the other thing to build something bigger than the sum of the individual ingredients. They are both about obeying the laws of nature while putting your own personal stamp, a piece of your soul, on the final product.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2019, 11:59:09 am »
I agree, @240B  - and I have a culinary degree, so you get an official okey-dokey on that comment!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2019, 03:37:42 pm »
Me too. It's a blessing and a curse. I'm such a good cook that I very rarely eat outside the house. Anything I want, and I do mean anything, any dish I see on TV or on the internet, if I want it I simply make it. And it is always a thousand times better than anything I could buy somewhere. One of these days I will take courses in cooking school to get a certification in culinary arts.

Believe it or not, cooking and engineering have a lot in common. They are both about following procedures. They are both about how one thing fits with the other thing to build something bigger than the sum of the individual ingredients. They are both about obeying the laws of nature while putting your own personal stamp, a piece of your soul, on the final product.

So true. I have a degree in Chemistry and have known so many chemists that love to get in the kitchen and and try new recipes. 

If you don't have it already, I highly recommend Cook's Illustrated The Science of Good Cooking  Best geek cook book ever!  https://www.amazon.com/Science-Good-Cooking-Illustrated-Cookbooks/dp/1933615982/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1D0VSGKEDY6ZU&keywords=science+of+good+cooking&qid=1567092794&s=gateway&sprefix=science+of+goo%2Caps%2C160&sr=8-1

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2019, 04:06:48 pm »
So true. I have a degree in Chemistry and have known so many chemists that love to get in the kitchen and and try new recipes. 

If you don't have it already, I highly recommend Cook's Illustrated The Science of Good Cooking  Best geek cook book ever!  https://www.amazon.com/Science-Good-Cooking-Illustrated-Cookbooks/dp/1933615982/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1D0VSGKEDY6ZU&keywords=science+of+good+cooking&qid=1567092794&s=gateway&sprefix=science+of+goo%2Caps%2C160&sr=8-1

That looks interesting!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2019, 06:34:46 pm »

@240B
Now see, there I differ from you... The biggest problem I had learning how to cook, was learning the imprecise language and measures (which are different from the precise measures often quoted)... And replicating the dish using a rather imprecise means.

Cooking is largely a woman's world, and done best from the heart... It took a very long time for me to FEEL it... What a pinch is, and when it means a three-fingered pinch. and when it means just what fits between thumb and forefinger...

It is very much an art and done best without precision - or with a precision that is felt and inexplicable.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2019, 10:41:55 pm »
@240B
Now see, there I differ from you... The biggest problem I had learning how to cook, was learning the imprecise language and measures (which are different from the precise measures often quoted)... And replicating the dish using a rather imprecise means.

Cooking is largely a woman's world, and done best from the heart... It took a very long time for me to FEEL it... What a pinch is, and when it means a three-fingered pinch. and when it means just what fits between thumb and forefinger...

It is very much an art and done best without precision - or with a precision that is felt and inexplicable.

My dad's mom used to make these raisin filled sugar cookies *think fig newton* but they weren't cut into bars like a newton. She would hide them in her bedroom closet. You had to EARN one. There was no written recipe. A dab of this and a pinch of that, etc. She was happy to show you how. But no one in the family could ever duplicate them.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2019, 10:51:16 pm »
My dad's mom used to make these raisin filled sugar cookies *think fig newton* but they weren't cut into bars like a newton. She would hide them in her bedroom closet. You had to EARN one. There was no written recipe. A dab of this and a pinch of that, etc. She was happy to show you how. But no one in the family could ever duplicate them.

That's right... No one can explain why my mamma's cookies are so good, and her Dutch apple pie...  She'll give you the recipes freely - And you can make it good alright... but not the same.

You can stand right there and make em right alongside her, but hers will be better.
It's something in the knack of it.

I never understood it till my own personal chili and my own italian meat sauce for spaghetti and such started getting acclaim... Now my sis has been over watchin me make do because the recipe just don't cut it...  :shrug:

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2019, 07:54:36 pm »
In related "religion news":

https://babylonbee.com/news/report-judas-iscariot-was-seen-at-popeyes-shortly-before-betraying-christ

LOL! I've only been to CfA for their chicken sandwich, so I've not voted. There is a Popeye's not too far from us, but we've only been there once, and I didn't have their chicken sandwich (don't know if it was on their menu at the time).

And now, a story from the Stuff You Can't Make up Department.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2019, 08:31:32 pm »

And now, a story from the Stuff You Can't Make up Department.

Man, some folks need to get lives (or are just too stupid to have lives).
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online corbe

« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2019, 08:47:39 pm »
Tennessee man sues Popeyes for running out of chicken sandwiches

Donesha Aldridge

18 hrs ago

The craze over the Popeyes chicken sandwich took over the Internet for days, as people sought to taste the new item menu.

For some, it came easy. But, for others, not so much, as many locations across the nation couldn't keep them in stock due to the high demand.

It's now the reason one man is filing a lawsuit against the fast-food chain.

The Times Free Press reports that Craig Barr of East Ridge, Tennessee is challenging the company. The newspaper said the lawsuit accuses Popeyes of false advertising, deceptive business practices and causing him to waste "countless time driving" to and from local chains to find the sandwich.

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/tennessee-man-sues-popeyes-for-running-out-of-chicken-sandwiches/ar-AAGwIip?ocid=ientp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2019, 09:28:17 pm »
I like the Popeye's sandwich, but like many of you, I have observed that as a chain, they are hit and miss per location.
I'll have to go with Chic-fil-a due to the fact that it is always good, and always clean, good staff, etc.

Online corbe

« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2019, 02:18:45 am »
How Popeyes ran out of chicken for its famous sandwiches

Lydia Mulvany and Leslie Patton

5 hrs ago

A social media frenzy means Popeyes quickly ran out of its new, instantly iconic chicken sandwiches. Meanwhile, the U.S. poultry market is bursting with oversupply.

U.S. chicken companies are forecast to process a record 43.3 billion pounds of the meat in 2019, government data show. So why isn’t that enough to meet demand for the new sandwich? It comes down to needing a specific product at a specific time.

When restaurant chains contract with suppliers, they often have tight product specifications and buy a set volume, said Tom Elam, a consultant for the poultry industry. Specifications can include seasonings, coatings, and the size and thickness of the cut with very little variation, he said. In other words, there’s a glut of meat, but not all of it’s ready for Twitter sandwich fame.

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/how-popeyes-ran-out-of-chicken-for-its-famous-sandwiches/ar-AAGzr5i?ocid=ientp

© Nick Kindelsperger/Chicago Tribune/Tribune News Service via Getty Images Popeye's chicken sandwich.

Doesn't look very appetizing to me.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2019, 10:55:38 pm »
Who, and I mean YOU who cares what it looks like as long as it is pink inside??

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2019, 11:20:46 pm »
Alright - Popeyes v Chik-Fil-A ...

As promised, I tried the Popeyes spicy sammich.
Chik-Fil-A without a question.
Won't be going back to Popeyes.