Chick-fil-A
24 (70.6%)
Popeyes
7 (20.6%)
Tyson's
1 (2.9%)
Local Stop and Rob
1 (2.9%)
How can you eat a poor defenseless bird?
1 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Voting closed: September 06, 2019, 11:25:59 pm

Author Topic: Who has the Best Chicken Sandwich?  (Read 4417 times)

Offline corbe

Who has the Best Chicken Sandwich?
« on: August 27, 2019, 11:25:59 pm »
Popeyes workers reveal what it's like to work at the chain amidst the chicken sandwich chaos

Shoshy Ciment,Kate Taylor

4 hrs ago

Popeyes and Chick-fil-A engaged in a Twitter battle last week over which chain's chicken sandwich was superior, following the rollout of Popeyes' new chicken sandwich.

The social media feud went viral, fueling unprecedented orders at Popeyes locations and a shortage of the menu item at many locations nationwide.

Many employees at Popeyes are working extra hours - some over 60 a week - to handle the demand. One employee said he was "working like a slave in the back" to fill sandwich orders during an 11-hour shift on Saturday.
Five Popeyes employees who spoke with Business Insider described long hours, massive crowds, and threats from hungry, angry customers.

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/popeyes-workers-reveal-what-its-like-to-work-at-the-chain-amidst-the-chicken-sandwich-chaos/ar-AAGptha?ocid=ientp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Who has the Best Chicken Sandwich?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 11:38:21 pm »
I voted for the McChicken.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 11:51:57 pm »
If Popeye's wrapped the chicken in waffle instead of a bun, they'd be winning the war hands down and running away.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2019, 11:55:59 pm »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2019, 01:19:49 am »
If Popeye's wrapped the chicken in waffle instead of a bun, they'd be winning the war hands down and running away.

How the HECK ain't that a thing? Every redneck boy around would head for that.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2019, 01:25:07 am »
240B has the best. I make my own and I promise you, they are better than anything you could buy at any Fast Food place.
They are muy delicioso, individually made to perfection.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2019, 01:32:38 am »
And to be fair - We have a Popeyes here, but I have never darkened their door. KFC is more likely, but I don't think I been in there either for at least a couple years... If I am going for a bucket of chicken, to tell the truth, it would probably be from the local Albertson's. But that too is awful rare.

I like range fed chicken, fried Southern style, or roasted in the smoke, and the chain stores just cannot compete with what I am used to and can do so much better right at home. The treat is when I can talk my mamma into haulin out the cast iron to do chicken right.

But I DO love me a Chik-Fil-A spicy chicken sammich, which I do get about once a month when  am up around Hutton Plaza fetching what I do from the Costco and Wallyworld...

Next time I am out and about, I promise to go to the Popeyes and try their sammich, so my opinion on this subject is more informed.

Offline corbe

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2019, 01:34:42 am »

I found your sandwich 'Local stop and rob' voter.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2019, 01:40:27 am »
KFC is coming out with a meatless chicken sandwich, I tried one of those impossible whoppers, I think I will have to try it again, it was okay at a minimum.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2019, 01:41:52 am »
I go with Chick Fil-A but I do understand, Popeye's has just come out with a new chicken sandwich because of all things, there was a review for it in the Boston Globe. I'm on their mailing list.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2019, 01:48:14 am »
Wendy's, Asiago Ranch Chicken Club gets my vote.   :shrug:
Let it burn.

Offline corbe

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2019, 01:54:11 am »
   I've never had a Chicken sandwich and we got 3 of each, Popeyes and Chick-fil-A's here.  Chick-fil-A is always packed and everything but the Fried Chicken and biscuits at popeyes suxs anyway.   

When I have an itchen for chicken:

Offline TomSea

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2019, 02:01:05 am »
I can empathize with the Wendy's choice, I might have had it myself,

McDonald's also had these "foreign" sandwiches for a time, the chicken, I got mine grilled for the Canadian one was actually pretty good but I think the sandwich itself had a name that almost sounded more Italian but it was a surprisingly good sandwich,  lots of tomato, maybe in the sauce as well.  It already went off limited time though.

PS: Chick Fil-A sandwich,  I voted for it but it needs more spice or a smokey flavor or something. I've also tried their spicy, they are okay.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 02:05:08 am by TomSea »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2019, 02:13:00 am »
Our Popeyes was closed down twice due to all the roaches climbing on the walls...no kidding.
I have only eaten at Popeyes once...[not the one here btw] and I just don't like all the Cajun spice on everything they serve..that was all I could taste for 2 days.

Love Chick Fil-A but have to travel 45mi to get one...their Tortilla soup is the best when they have it

Our KFC was also closed down by health inspectors because of all the grease on the walls..so haven't been back there...although it was just a grease problem and no bugs..lol

If I want a chicken sandwich or just plain fried chicken I have to make it myself.

Our paper posts all the results from the health inspectors so I know what restaurant to avoid..lol
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2019, 02:38:05 am »

PS: Chick Fil-A sandwich,  I voted for it but it needs more spice or a smokey flavor or something. I've also tried their spicy, they are okay.

The only thing I have against Chik-Fil-A 's spicy chicken sandwich is the roll... It's... common. I would like something a little more upscale. Maybe a double spicy chicken on a pretzel roll, with all the fixins...

They do have a spice sauce in a packet if you need a bit more heat...

And they have the best sweet tea of them all.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2019, 02:40:20 am »
their Tortilla soup is the best when they have it

Thank you for the recommend... I will look for it.
They brought out mac and cheese with quite a fanfare... tried that. Fairly unremarkable.
 :shrug:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2019, 02:52:23 am »
And to be fair - We have a Popeyes here, but I have never darkened their door. KFC is more likely, but I don't think I been in there either for at least a couple years... If I am going for a bucket of chicken, to tell the truth, it would probably be from the local Albertson's. But that too is awful rare.

I like range fed chicken, fried Southern style, or roasted in the smoke, and the chain stores just cannot compete with what I am used to and can do so much better right at home. The treat is when I can talk my mamma into haulin out the cast iron to do chicken right.

But I DO love me a Chik-Fil-A spicy chicken sammich, which I do get about once a month when  am up around Hutton Plaza fetching what I do from the Costco and Wallyworld...

Next time I am out and about, I promise to go to the Popeyes and try their sammich, so my opinion on this subject is more informed.

I'm mad at KFC for yanking the Double Down.  I'd always buy two, and told the guy I was getting mine before they become illegal.  Then {Poof!} they were gone.  A couple times a year I look at their website to see if it's back, and it's not so I haven't been to KFC in years.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2019, 03:12:37 am »
I'm mad at KFC for yanking the Double Down.  I'd always buy two, and told the guy I was getting mine before they become illegal.  Then {Poof!} they were gone.  A couple times a year I look at their website to see if it's back, and it's not so I haven't been to KFC in years.

My problem with KFC is price. It's all over the place. Go in there to eat lunch and one time it's five bucks, which is a really great deal... and the very next time, the same thing is fifteen bucks.
Seriously.
WTF, over?

If they had regular specials and fixed prices, I might frequent them more often.

The other problem is that they paired up with A&W... The Pappa burger and fries, with a mug of root beer was a staple of my youth. Now it's all ganked up with KFC stank. Even the root beer. It's all got a KFC stink in the back of your nose, and I can't stand it.

I think there's still a free-standing A&W up at the drive-in in the canyon. Every time I get up there, which is damn little, I have to stop for that A&W thing in it's pristine state.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2019, 03:28:59 am »
My problem with KFC is price. It's all over the place. Go in there to eat lunch and one time it's five bucks, which is a really great deal... and the very next time, the same thing is fifteen bucks.
Seriously.
WTF, over?

If they had regular specials and fixed prices, I might frequent them more often.

The other problem is that they paired up with A&W... The Pappa burger and fries, with a mug of root beer was a staple of my youth. Now it's all ganked up with KFC stank. Even the root beer. It's all got a KFC stink in the back of your nose, and I can't stand it.

I think there's still a free-standing A&W up at the drive-in in the canyon. Every time I get up there, which is damn little, I have to stop for that A&W thing in it's pristine state.

A&W has been for shit since 1980.  I'm not a big soda drinker (can't stand colas or 7-up), so I can be a little picky.  I want pop that is made with real sugar, and it can be bloody difficult to find.  For root beer I'm trying out Hansen's, and IBC creme soda right now.  The local Kroger has some really nice stuff in several flavors, but they quit making it.  They must have imported a bunch of Business Admin bulletheads from KFC.

If I could stand cola, I'd be trying a line of Pepsi products they recently introduced, made from sugar.  If I was a real soda-head I'd be having it shipped in from Mexico.  They may not be able to make beans correctly on the first fry, but dag-nabbit, they know their shit about pop.

When I was a kid, we'd get A&W by the gallon jug from the drive-in, a Quarter or so for bottle deposit.  Great stuff.
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2019, 03:38:55 am »
A&W has been for shit since 1980.  I'm not a big soda drinker (can't stand colas or 7-up), so I can be a little picky.  I want pop that is made with real sugar, and it can be bloody difficult to find.  For root beer I'm trying out Hansen's, and IBC creme soda right now.  The local Kroger has some really nice stuff in several flavors, but they quit making it.  They must have imported a bunch of Business Admin bulletheads from KFC.

You and I are like in kind. Can't really tell you the last time I had a soda, other than a very occasional root beer or creme soda. Of what you can regularly get in the store, I would have to say Barqs is the best root beer... and the only creme soda I can get at with regularity in a can is A&W... Both of which have room for improvement. There are designer brands that are better, but not any that are available with regularity.

When I was a kid, we'd get A&W by the gallon jug from the drive-in, a Quarter or so for bottle deposit.  Great stuff.

Still that way here. But like I said, I have to go up the canyon to get it without that awful KFC gank.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2019, 04:08:25 am »
You and I are like in kind. Can't really tell you the last time I had a soda, other than a very occasional root beer or creme soda. Of what you can regularly get in the store, I would have to say Barqs is the best root beer... and the only creme soda I can get at with regularity in a can is A&W... Both of which have room for improvement. There are designer brands that are better, but not any that are available with regularity.

Still that way here. But like I said, I have to go up the canyon to get it without that awful KFC gank.

If KFC ever gets the bright idea of making fish, they are good as gone.  Everybody (except people who actually cook) seems to think frying fish in the same oil as chicken is fine, they should be taken out back and shot, right next to the backhoe.  My rule for restaurants:  If they offer any kind of deep-fried fish, then deep-fried anything else is off my menu.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2019, 04:14:55 am »
@mystery-ak
@Cyber Liberty

Many years ago, my brother who was an engineer, "developed/invented" the deep fryers Popeyes used.  Their headquarters was in Louisiana.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2019, 04:19:03 am »
@mystery-ak
@Cyber Liberty

Many years ago, my brother who was an engineer, "developed/invented" the deep fryers Popeyes used.  Their headquarters was in Louisiana.

Are they the kind used for "broasting?"  Those things are marvels of engineering.  Deep-fry, but under pressure.
I will NOT comply.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2019, 04:47:26 am »
Are they the kind used for "broasting?"  Those things are marvels of engineering.  Deep-fry, but under pressure.
That's KFC, not Popeye
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.