Author Topic: Joe diGenova: Barr's Comey decision was the right call. But this is just the beginning  (Read 2315 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe diGenova: Barr's Comey decision was the right call. But this is just the beginning
By Joseph diGenova | Fox News

The decision not to prosecute former FBI Director James Comey over his deliberate leaks to the media isn’t a sign of weakness or lack of will, but of the professionalism and well-reasoned restraint of President Trump’s Department of Justice.

Attorney General Bill Barr’s number one goal since taking the helm at the DOJ has been to restore the impartial and professional ethos that has characterized that agency for more than 200 years.

He is working diligently to cleanse it of the stain of politically driven vindictiveness that Obama-era officials created by grossly mishandling the Clinton email investigation, and then, even more egregiously, orchestrating the series of events that led to the Russiagate witch hunt.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/joe-digenova-barr-james-comey-leaks-decision
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

I think Joe’s got this one right. Comey’s going down on much bigger charges than this.  :yowsa:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I think Joe’s got this one right. Comey’s going down on much bigger charges than this.  :yowsa:

:0001: :0001: :0001:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

Free beer tomorrow

Bill Cipher

Free beer tomorrow

What about rainbow unicorns?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What about rainbow unicorns?

Free Beer will help make that happen.  Tomorrow.  (Maybe Joe needs a nickname?  "Free Beer Tomorrow Joe.")
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jpsb

Free Beer will help make that happen.  Tomorrow.

:bigsilly:

Offline rustynail

Offline skeeter

If justice is the goal whats the point in leaving charges for obvious crimes off of the case?

Offline aligncare

If justice is the goal whats the point in leaving charges for obvious crimes off of the case?

Barr’s team likely determined the chances of convicting in New York are marginal. Whereas the evidence in other parts of the “bigger” case is stronger. That’s why. This leek is small potatoes and Barr is saving his fire for the big ‘get’, the one that gets to the core of the illegal actions, FISA abuse being one of them. Comey will figure prominently in that one.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

That's why I'm concerned Comey is going to get off scot-free.  This charge should have been ignored until it's time to hang the rest of the charges on him.  Announcing this one by itself makes no sense, other than throwing us a bone.

9999hair out0000
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I still don't like it because it has validated the FBI's decision to consider "intent" to commit a crime when dealing with Hillary Clinton's antics.

Not naive....and fully realize very bad news is going to come out that will put these SOBs away for years.

It will be timed in coordination with the 2020 campaign...which means another year we'll be 'teased' and entertained.

IMO, that's why Donald Trump virtually begged Michelle Obama to come and save their party.   He knows what's coming.

Can't you see the canary feathers when he smiles?   happy77
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline rustynail

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!

I sure hope so. Can't wait to see him in orange.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline rustynail

LOL! For today.

Joe DiGenova: “IG Horowitz has Concluded ALL FOUR FISA Warrants to Spy on Trump Campaign and Administration Were Illegal”
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/08/joe-digenova-ig-horowitz-has-concluded-all-four-fisa-warrants-to-spy-on-trump-campaign-and-administration-were-illegal-audio/#post-comments

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Political junkies may have loads of acion, during the upcoming election year.

Simplifying complex subjects,  them, and repeating them is a Trump skill.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DiGenova: Horowitz found FISA warrants used to spy on Carter Page ‘were illegal from the get-go’
August 27, 2019 | Tom Tillison

Joe diGenova, former U.S. attorney to the District of Columbia, dropped a bombshell of sorts Monday during a radio interview on WMAL.

According to diGenova, Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz has determined that the FISA warrants used to begin surveilling former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page were obtained illegally.

The assertion came while the WMAL legal analyst was commenting on whether the Trump administration is unwinding domestic surveillance.

“I don’t want them winding down a thing if they’re spying on people overseas,” he said. “If they’re spying on Americans, I don’t want them lying to the FISA Court the way the Obama administration did.”

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/08/27/digenova-horowitz-found-fisa-warrants-used-to-spy-on-carter-page-were-illegal-from-the-get-go-799956
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
LOL! For today.

Joe DiGenova: “IG Horowitz has Concluded ALL FOUR FISA Warrants to Spy on Trump Campaign and Administration Were Illegal”
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/08/joe-digenova-ig-horowitz-has-concluded-all-four-fisa-warrants-to-spy-on-trump-campaign-and-administration-were-illegal-audio/#post-comments

OK, and what is Barr/Horowitz et al., going to do about it?

Offline Victoria33

Free Beer will help make that happen.  Tomorrow.  (Maybe Joe needs a nickname?  "Free Beer Tomorrow Joe.")
@Cyber Liberty

This is about a personal memo Comey wrote after working hours, when having dinner alone with Trump at Trump's asking.  It was not an official meeting.  It was his memo to do with as he wished.  That is why Barr did not pursue this.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

This is about a personal memo Comey wrote after working hours, when having dinner alone with Trump at Trump's asking.  It was not an official meeting.  It was his memo to do with as he wished.  That is why Barr did not pursue this.

Doesn't matter, really.  Barr has shown every indication he doesn't want to rock the boat.  My bet right now is nothing happens to anybody at all.  At the moment, it's McCabe that's probably going to get away with what he did, the rest later.  Trump and Barr will hide this with the "Free Beer Tomorrow" routine until the first week, next November.
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Trump and Barr will hide this with the "Free Beer Tomorrow" routine until the first week, next November.

The Harry Reid ‘Who Cares If It’s True, As Long As It Works’ method.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

The Harry Reid ‘Who Cares If It’s True, As Long As It Works’ method.

It's worked every time it's been tried.
I will NOT comply.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
My bet right now is nothing happens to anybody at all.  At the moment, it's McCabe that's probably going to get away with what he did, the rest later.
The Political Class never prosecutes one of their own. The only exception to this is Democrats prosecuting Republicans, not in the naive name of "Justice", but for purely political reasons. Republicans never prosecute Democrats no matter what they do or how glaring their felonies are. And of course, Democrats will never prosecute a Democrat even if they are caught covered in blood with a smoking gun in their hands.

In terms of how politicians are treated in America, we have "leveled up". America is no longer "like" a banana republic. America 'is' a banana republic. All political prosecutions are political in nature rather than legal. All prosecutions depend on who is in power, who the victim is, and who and how many 'connections' the target has. It has nothing to do with 'law'. It has nothing to do with 'justice'.

Everything with those guys is political mutually assured destruction. Everything is all about CYA at any cost.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The Political Class never prosecutes one of their own. The only exception to this is Democrats prosecuting Republicans, not in the naive name of "Justice", but for purely political reasons. Republicans never prosecute Democrats no matter what they do or how glaring their felonies are. And of course, Democrats will never prosecute a Democrat even if they are caught covered in blood with a smoking gun in their hands.

In terms of how politicians are treated in America, we have "leveled up". America is no longer "like" a banana republic. America 'is' a banana republic. All political prosecutions are political in nature rather than legal. All prosecutions depend on who is in power, who the victim is, and who and how many 'connections' the target has. It has nothing to do with 'law'. It has nothing to do with 'justice'.

Everything with those guys is political mutually assured destruction. Everything is all about CYA at any cost.

The only question that remains is, how does Barr intend to play "hide the weenie" until November next?
I will NOT comply.