Author Topic: Don’t change the settings if you don’t know what you’re doing  (Read 220 times)

Offline corbe

Don’t change the settings if you don’t know what you’re doing

Published 7 hours ago on August 27, 2019   

By David Ware
ï‚™   

Everything today is a computer. A car used to get you from Point A to Point B if you were lucky. Now it is a self-appointed guardian of your well-being along the way.

We just bought a new vehicle for my wife which does all kinds of neat stuff I really never even thought of before. Eight years ago, when I got my last vehicle, I thought Bluetooth and a backup camera were innovative.

In this day and age now, automobiles will do a lot more for you than the average person would want done for them. All these features, of course, are factory pre-set.

The salesman rather wisely and intuitively as he was describing the various knobs, buttons, switches and screens, said rather nonchalantly:

That one is for settings but you probably don’t want to change those because you might inadvertently alter or deactivate a safety feature.

<..snip..>

https://noqreport.com/2019/08/27/dont-change-settings-dont-know-youre/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline rustynail

Who really owns the car?