Author Topic: Trump Exploring ‘All Legal Options’ to End ‘Crazy’ Anchor Baby Policy  (Read 392 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Breitbart by John Binder 8/25/2019

White House senior adviser Stephen Miller says President Trump is currently reviewing “all legal options” to end the country’s birthright citizenship policy which has allowed millions of illegal aliens to secure American citizenship for their U.S.-born children.

Last week, Trump told the media is he “very seriously” looking at signing an executive order that will end birthright citizenship in the U.S., calling the policy “frankly ridiculous.”

During an interview with Fox News’ John Roberts, Miller said the White House is, in fact, reviewing “all legal options” to end birthright citizenship where an average of about 300,000 U.S.-born children of illegal aliens — often referred to as “anchor babies” — are born every year. According to the Fox News interview:

ROBERTS: The president indicated this the other day when he was leaving to get on Marine One. He said that he is looking at birthright citizenship — which is enshrined in the 14th Amendment. What are the plans for that? [Emphasis added]

MILLER: Well, I noticed that you worked in that it is “enshrined into the 14th Amendment.” Many constitutional scholars would wholeheartedly disagree with that.

More: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/08/25/miller-trump-looking-all-legal-options-end-anchor-baby-policy/

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I believe the only ultimate obstacle would be John Roberts, the notorious one.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline verga

Just waiting on Notorious RBG to leave her seat and Amy Coney Barrett to take her place.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

I really don't think there is an obstacle. Just do it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Him, or Kavanaugh... maybe both.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
He’s been yammering about this for almost a year, now....

Exclusive: Trump targeting birthright citizenship with executive order

https://www.axios.com/trump-birthright-citizenship-executive-order-0cf4285a-16c6-48f2-a933-bd71fd72ea82.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline thackney

He’s been yammering about this for almost a year, now....

A lot longer than that:

Trump Challenges Birthright Citizenship
https://www.factcheck.org/2015/11/trump-challenges-birthright-citizenship/
November 13, 2015

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
A lot longer than that:

Trump Challenges Birthright Citizenship
https://www.factcheck.org/2015/11/trump-challenges-birthright-citizenship/
November 13, 2015

Well, yes, at that point he was talking about congressional action. Last fall, when it became more clear the house would be lost, he started discussing executive action.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.