Author Topic: Turkey Is Helping, Not Deporting, Syrian Refugees  (Read 201 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Turkey Is Helping, Not Deporting, Syrian Refugees
« on: August 26, 2019, 09:30:02 pm »
Turkey Is Helping, Not Deporting, Syrian Refugees
Fahrettin Altun

The Turkish government provides millions of Syrians with health care and education. A multilateral political solution is needed and demonizing Ankara won’t help.

A Syrian woman shows her bank card, part of the Conditional Cash Transfer for Education program funded by the European Union and managed by UNICEF, the Red Cross, and Turkish authorities, in Adana, Turkey, on March 18.

A Syrian woman shows her bank card, part of the Conditional Cash Transfer for Education program funded by the European Union and managed by UNICEF, the Red Cross, and Turkish authorities, in Adana, Turkey, on March 18. OZAN KOSE/AFP/Getty Images

A recent Foreign Policy article by Kareem Chehayeb and Sarah Hunaidi claims that Turkey is attempting to “sidestep international obligations to protect” Syrian refugees and is deporting Syrians. It alleges that Turkey deported Hisham Moustafa Steif al-Mohammed, a Syrian refugee before he was “killed by a Turkish sniper” as he attempted to cross the Turkish-Syrian border illegally.

This narrative, however compelling, is misleading.

Read more at: https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/08/23/turkey-is-helping-not-deporting-syrian-refugees-erdogan-turkish-government-policy/

Apparently, the country of Turkey submitted this article in response to something posted by "Foreign Policy."

On twitter, they seem to boot a lot of people for talking down Turkey IF, those are twitter accounts sympathetic to the Kurds, I have seen that happen. It may happen in other cases too, I just don't know.

On twitter, it seems to active as well, to get people kicked off if they are lying about your country, I think China calls the twitter police too.