Author Topic: Top Biden backer: ‘Gaffes simply don’t matter to the average voter’  (Read 413 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Top Biden backer: ‘Gaffes simply don’t matter to the average voter’
by Jon Brown
 | September 02, 2019 11:32 AM

Ed Rendell, former Pennsylvania governor and DNC chairman, defended Joe Biden against the negative attention the 2020 Democratic front-runner has been getting for his many recent misstatements, and argued that the average American is unfazed by gaffes from politicians.

Conceding that he is a Biden supporter, Rendell wrote, "I believe that the former vice president is a decent, honorable man who possesses the right values for America and cares deeply about all people," and would "restore rationality and decency to the American presidency." He nevertheless maintained that candidate preference had nothing to do with his op-ed entitled "No one cares about Joe Biden's gaffes except media and politicos," which was published Monday with The Hill.

Rendell said that members of the media and political junkies keep close track of every misstep from presidential candidates; but the average voter, he went on, are not paying such close attention. "Average Americans don’t think that what we insiders consider a gaffe truly is a gaffe — or they really don’t care whether candidates are prone to gaffes," he wrote. He gave the examples of former Presidents Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush, both of whom were prone to verbal blunders, but still remained relatively popular.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/top-biden-backer-gaffes-simply-dont-matter-to-the-average-voter
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Unless they're Trump's, right Handsy Joe the Hair Sniffer?
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"Gaffes" probably don't matter to them, but out-and-out lies likely do.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"Gaffes" probably don't matter to them, but out-and-out lies likely do.

ROFL!!

Talk to us the morning AFTER the 1st Debate.   

POTUS Trump is going to destroy him.   I know it.  You know it.   Accept it.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
ROFL!!

Talk to us the morning AFTER the 1st Debate.   

POTUS Trump is going to destroy him.   I know it.  You know it.   Accept it.

Nothing to admit, I don't doubt your analysis....  :beer:

(And Biteme is probably their best chance!)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Victoria33

ROFL!! Talk to us the morning AFTER the 1st Debate.   POTUS Trump is going to destroy him.   I know it.  You know it.   Accept it.
@DCPatriot

His "gaffes" now are signs of dementia - he has confused thinking, and that matters.  Doubt he will be the Dem candidate.  Warren will likely be the candidate if men will vote for a woman.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Wow...that's crazy. The Dems are so desperate to push Biden, now they're just making up their own reality.
Joe suggestively putting his hands on multiple married women and little girls - doesn't matter
Joe forgetting where he is, where he was, and who he is speaking to - doesn't matter
Joe forgetting decades, major events, and living in a world of his own creation - doesn't matter
Joe recalling harrowing stories of bravery which never actually happened - doesn't matter
Joe getting so lost in the middle of his own speeches to the point of being incoherent - doesn't matter
Joe saying things like, 'Obama is clean and articulate, you know, for a colored boy.' - doesn't matter

It is not that his team really believes that all this and more doesn't matter. Nobody in their right mind is that stupid. It is much more likely that they are trying to convince YOU that it doesn't matter. And you never know. Democrats are so stupid and gullible, they may fall for it? Maybe it doesn't matter to them? If they want to run a senile old White grandpa straight out of 1960, more power to them.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
@DCPatriot

His "gaffes" now are signs of dementia - he has confused thinking, and that matters.  Doubt he will be the Dem candidate.  Warren will likely be the candidate if men will vote for a woman.

Men will vote for a woman.  Just not that lying sack of you know what.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
This race is still Biden's to lose.  Down here on the ground,  Biden appears to still have strong support.   It will be interesting to see, at the next Dem debate, whether Biden explicitly tacks to the center in contrast to Warren's and Sanders' radicalism.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide