Author Topic: Worries about Justice Ginsburg’s health driving the Left to issue threats against Trump replacing he  (Read 3407 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

No reason to lighten up. Nominate a woman-for-a-woman, Barrett or another.

Ideally the GOP would have a conservative woman-of-color, if possible.

That would be "in-your-face"

That's foolish.   When the opponent is certifiably nuts, the tack is to appear sensible and reasonable.    Someone like Hardeman fills that bill.  Barrett would be like waving a red flag in front of a bull.   This isn't bloodsport.   This is trying to turn the courts in our direction.  A deliberately provocative choice only increases the odds of failure. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Barrett's likely to be a more controversial nominee than most,  given her association with charismatic Christianity.   Given the inherent difficulties of confirming a Justice in an election year,  it probably makes sense for Trump to nominate a solid conservative who less likely to be polarizing.   An excellent choice,  IMO, would be Third Circuit Judge Thomas Hardeman,  who has some of the strongest 2A credentials on the federal bench.
Why is it that you find a Christian is polarizing? 
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Why is it that you find a Christian is polarizing?

I never said such a thing.  I said that the nomination of Judge Barrett would be polarizing.   And in my opinion that would not be a smart move.

Offline Axeslinger

@Jazzhead

You need to come to grips with the reality that ANYONE, up to and including Jesus Christ, would be MADE to be polarizing by the left and their true believers in the media.  So that should not be part of the calculus.  The ONLY thing that should be considered is how strictly will they interpret the original intent of the Constitution.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

I never said such a thing.  I said that the nomination of Judge Barrett would be polarizing.   And in my opinion that would not be a smart move.
Let me rephrase:  Why do you believe the nomination of Judge Barrett would be polarizing?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Not so, @Axeslinger .   No Trump nominee will enjoy a cakewalk,  but the left and the lamestream media don't confirm judicial nominees.  A majority in the US Senate does.   And for that audience, it does little good to nominate someone as polarizing as Judge Barrett.   We need every GOP vote.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 12:56:01 am by Jazzhead »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Let me rephrase:  Why do you believe the nomination of Judge Barrett would be polarizing?

Because she will be associated with the abortion issue.   I doubt she could be confirmed in an election year.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 12:58:45 am by Jazzhead »

Because she will be associated with the abortion issue.   I doubt she could be confirmed in an election year.
Do you believe that similarly when Ginsburg was nominated in 1993? 

She was far more associated with the abortion issue than Barrett ever was as the counsel for the ACLU.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 01:03:23 am by IsailedawayfromFR »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Do you believe that similarly when Ginsburg was nominated in 1993? 

She was far more associated with the abortion issue than Barrett ever was as the counsel for the ACLU.

I am not sure what you getting at. 

Online corbe

You people are delusional if you think Trump will get another pick this term even if RBG died tonight, ain't gonna happen.  Schumer will roar and McConnell will lay down. 
   I also don't see Trump appointing Barrett, would have already happened if it was meant to be, IMHO.  Apparently Ivanka don't like her.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Mesaclone

You people are delusional if you think Trump will get another pick this term even if RBG died tonight, ain't gonna happen.  Schumer will roar and McConnell will lay down. 
   I also don't see Trump appointing Barrett, would have already happened if it was meant to be, IMHO.  Apparently Ivanka don't like her.

Are you kidding? McConnel would jump on it like a lion on a wounded gazelle. The nomination would be pushed forward at whatever pace was necessary. As for who to pick...certainly their conservatism must be certain...but it would be wise to pick either a woman or a minority in the interests of not having the nominee lose a confirmation vote. My personal choice would be someone Amul Thapur...who's parents were first generation Indian immigrants AND who has already been nominated by President Trump and approved by the Senate for the Court of Appeals. Additionally, at just 50 year's old he'd be available for long service.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I want to see Coney Barrett nominated because it will be the equivalent of throwing a bucket of hot oil into the democrat-communists' faces. The hotter and grimier, the better.

And it will be up to Mitch to push this one through.
He can do it, of course, IF he has the will to do so.

Fearless prediction:
Mittens and Collins of Maine will oppose her.
Mitch can still "get 'er done", again, if he wants.

If the democrat-communists try to stall on this RECESS-APPOINT her at the first opportunity.

Online corbe

If you Trumpers are really that interested in 'exploding heads', like you say you are, appoint this guy, Cocaine Mitch would love to get him out of the Senate.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline verga

Well you got part of it right. UpChuckie will roar, but Graham will come out swinging and Mitch the B!tch will do what Graham tells him to do. He is still smoldering over Kavanaugh and wants to pay back DiFi.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
I don't see Trump having any problem getting a last-minute nominee confirmed. The key is to involve Collins and Romney in the selection, which may result in a slightly less conservative choice, but still far more acceptable than anyone Warren would appoint. It might even benefit Trump's reelection prospects.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline verga

I don't see Trump having any problem getting a last-minute nominee confirmed. The key is to involve Collins and Romney in the selection, which may result in a slightly less conservative choice, but still far more acceptable than anyone Warren would appoint. It might even benefit Trump's reelection prospects.
Screw that, deal with "moderates" got us Souter.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Well reasoned.  Sensible.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Emotional.  Idiotic.

Offline Mod1

Reminder to all: please refrain from personal attacks.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Emotional.  Idiotic.

Maybe, but I'd rather see the court at eight than seat another leftist.  Better to wait until after the Election if that's what's required.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 02:17:31 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

:yowsa: pointing-up

Trump needs to be in the Democrats faces 24/7/365 now IMHO.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 02:12:47 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

I hate to admit it but you have a point. I'd forgotten about Romney.

What I would like to see is a departure from the current ''advise and consent" farcical standard, where the GOP virtually rubber stamps all democrat nominees yet the rats & media orchestrate a circus for all GOP nominees.

Its out of control and needs to be stopped.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 02:15:50 pm by skeeter »

I am not sure what you getting at.
yes you do.

If one avoids selecting someone due to the abortion issue, none are more complicit than Ginsburg.

Yet that never stopped her nomination.

So why does it stop Barrett's nomination?

Oh I know, in your mind it is the wrong side of the issue.