Author Topic: China announces it seeks 'calm' end to trade war, as markets tank and currency hits 11-year flatline  (Read 1530 times)

Offline skeeter

Did you even bother reading the entire linked story, beginning the post? Probably not. Let me help you with the relevance....

Trump said Monday that officials from China called U.S. officials and expressed interest to "get back to the table,” The Wall Street Journal reported. He called the discussions a “very positive development.”

In response, Chinese Vice Premier Liu He told a state-controlled newspaper on Monday that "China is willing to resolve its trade dispute with the United States through calm negotiations and resolutely opposes the escalation of the conflict," Reuters first reported, citing a transcript of his remarks provided by the Chinese government. Liu is China's top trade negotiator.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

In response, Chinese Vice Premier Liu He told a state-controlled newspaper on Monday that "China is willing to resolve its trade dispute with the United States through calm negotiations and resolutely opposes the escalation of the conflict," Reuters first reported, citing a transcript of his remarks provided by the Chinese government. Liu is China's top trade negotiator.

SFW. As I posted earlier, they had already set up early September talks in July. Did you expect him to say they’re going into those pre-arranged meetings with hostility? September begins this weekend. So, to say they blinked, because of events since Friday is delusional. It’s also the complete opposite of their statements through their state-run news outlets, which is just another thing you won’t bother to read. I’ll put the link there for those that may want a little more information.

‘Ridiculous at best’: Chinese state media give their take on Trump and the tariff war

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/26/us-china-trade-war-state-media-defend-beijing.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline skeeter

SFW. As I posted earlier, they had already set up early September talks in July. Did you expect him to say they’re going into those pre-arranged meetings with hostility? September begins this weekend. So, to say they blinked, because of events since Friday is delusional. It’s also the complete opposite of their statements through their state-run news outlets, which is just another thing you won’t bother to read. I’ll put the link there for those that may want a little more information.

‘Ridiculous at best’: Chinese state media give their take on Trump and the tariff war

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/26/us-china-trade-war-state-media-defend-beijing.html

I see. I'm just paying attention to the wrong Chinese state run outlets.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

And arguing with  888mouth
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Yeah! And I'm sure WE will hear about it endlessly!   ****slapping

May I suggest you stop quoting me if it so offends you.   22222frying pan

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

If you can't trust a Commie State run news outlet who in the heck can you trust...MSNBC? CNN?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
May I suggest you stop quoting me if it so offends you.   22222frying pan

You may suggest anything you like.  :laugh:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

There are plenty of lemmings, as well.
Yep, we know why you selected the mojo.  I thought it was a mimic of someone, but appears to be a selfie.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Yep, we know why you selected the mojo.  I thought it was a mimic of someone, but appears to be a selfie.

And, IMO, it's perfect!    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
aligncare wrote (of another forum member):
"You’re a sad case. More than three years hundreds of your criticisms, barbs and blind alleys about Trump have proven wrong, yet you persist. Ever consider just changing sides? It’s real nice here on the conservative, winning side."

I've had him on ignore for some time now.
It's easy.
Why not try it yourself?