Author Topic: Who is Joe Walsh? Meet the controversial radio host and former Illinois congressman challenging Trum  (Read 289 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Who is Joe Walsh? Meet the controversial radio host and former Illinois congressman challenging Trump in 2020
By Chicago Tribune staff
Chicago Tribune |
Aug 25, 2019 | 11:16 AM

Conservative radio talk show host and onetime Illinois U.S. Rep. Joe Walsh is mounting a challenge against President Donald Trump for the 2020 Republican nomination. Here’s some background on the long-shot candidate.
Over the years, he has had a number of careers

The North Barrington native grew up in an Irish Catholic household with nine children, seven of them boys. He graduated in 1980 from Barrington High School, where he was senior class president and active in sports. He earned a degree in English from the University of Iowa and, some years later, a master’s in public policy from the University of Chicago.

In the mid-'80s, Walsh gave acting a go. He told the Tribune in 2011 that he studied at the Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute in New York and places out West. Before being elected to Congress, he was a community college teacher, fundraiser, researcher and worker at financial firms, public records show.
He was once an Illinois congressman

Walsh served one term in the U.S. House of Representatives, representing Illinois’ 8th District, from 2011 to 2013. He made his first bid for Congress in 1996 and another failed bid for office — for the Illinois House — in 1998.

more
https://www.chicagotribune.com/politics/ct-joe-walsh-2020-candidate-20190825-cwvzu3jgezgzbc6muk4re5mbmy-story.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline kevindavis007

Publicity stunt.. This is why I don't like talk radio as much.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline dfwgator

I prefer the 'real' Joe Walsh. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I prefer the 'real' Joe Walsh.

Me too.  Mean slide guitar. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Night Hides Not

Publicity stunt.. This is why I don't like talk radio as much.

He's from Illinois? That's two strikes against him. Should've stuck with his no-ratings radio show.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.