Author Topic: Party Affiliation  (Read 223 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Party Affiliation
« on: August 27, 2019, 09:07:07 pm »
New polling data on party affiliation by gallup.  With history back to 2004.
  •                        Republicans   Independents   Democrats

2019 Jul 1-12   29%                       38%                27%
https://news.gallup.com/poll/15370/party-affiliation.aspx
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Party Affiliation
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 09:15:48 pm »
I think there are flaws somewhere, mainly in the Indy category.

Obama rarely dipped  below 40% approval at any time, and the Dems don't account for that.

Of course the 'cut all their heads' off ISIS types and people who can recite The Communist Manifesto likely approved of him, but that just shows how poorly defined the Independents are.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 09:35:18 pm »
I do know some former Democrats who became independents.  Seems the dissatisfaction may not be confined to former Republicans. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2019, 09:43:08 pm »
I do know some former Democrats who became independents.  Seems the dissatisfaction may not be confined to former Republicans.
Maybe not, but I doubt it's because the Democrats aren't Conservative enough. Probably decided to beat the rush to join the CPUSA.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis