Author Topic: Rush: Is it Still Obama’s Economy Now That the Media Sees Recession?  (Read 537 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Is it Still Obama’s Economy Now That the Media Sees Recession?

Aug 22, 2019

RUSH: How long ago was it that the economy was booming and they were trying to say it’s Obama’s economy, right? Now all of a sudden U.S. Steel’s laying some people off, negative bond yields in Germany and all of a sudden we’re on the verge of a recession and all of a sudden it’s Trump’s economy again!

Look, I could provide you ongoing evidence of the fact that these people are losing their minds predominantly because none of what they’re doing to try to destroy Trump is sticking.

In fact, you saw just before the program began the AP has a new poll out. And don’t forget. I haven’t dropped it. Laurence Tribe claiming that Trump’s objective here is to reverse the outcome of the Civil War. How exactly would that be done? What is Laurence Tribe actually saying? That Trump is trying to bring back slavery? That Trump is trying to reconstitute slavery? Anybody paying scant attention to this can clearly see who is losing their mind and who’s off the reservation.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Kevin in Houston, great to have you on the EIB Network. Hello, sir.

CALLER: Hello, Rush! Real quickly you and I met back in the nineties at Mile High Stadium when you did a brief broadcast of the Broncos-Bills game, and I today still have your autograph on that press pass. So thank you very much.

RUSH: (laughing) That was the opening game of the season that year.

CALLER: Yes, it was.

RUSH: The Monday night game. I remember. Thank you, sir.

CALLER: You betcha. Hey, real quickly, this inverted yield stuff, in my humble opinion, is being looked at completely wrong by virtually everybody. Let me tell you why. The two-year bond now has a greater return than the 10-year bond. Why? Because over the next two years, the Trump economy is still gonna be in play. Down the road, a couple of two-year bonds here, two-year bonds there, Trump’s economy’s gonna be in play. Ten years from now, even when Trump is reelected in 2020, he will be out of office, and it will be somebody else’s economy and probably not one you want to take a long-term bet on.

RUSH: Well, that is one way of looking at it, the two-year versus the 10-year bond. The problem is you can’t just buy two-year bonds alone. You have to buy and you have to sell a mixture. The real evolution of this story is the blockbuster news that you people have been aware was coming because you listen here. Germany actually did it. They sold 30-year bonds at a negative interest rate, meaning the people who bought bonds to finance Germany’s debt agreed to take no return on their bonds. They agreed to lose money on the deal. The reason why is what is fascinating.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2019/08/22/is-it-still-obamas-economy-now-that-the-media-sees-recession/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34