Author Topic: Defiant Steve King vows to run for reelection 'unless I'm dead'  (Read 195 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Defiant Steve King vows to run for reelection 'unless I'm dead'
by David M. Drucker
 | August 21, 2019 12:19 AM

SPENCER, Iowa — Rep. Steve King vowed nothing would keep him from seeking reelection in 2020 as he blamed Republican leaders, Democrats, and the media for the political peril he faces in an otherwise solidly conservative House seat.

In an interview with the Washington Examiner following a town hall meeting for constituents in this farming community in the heart of his northwest Iowa congressional district, King reframed his narrow 2018 reelection victory as a triumph over the opposition of turncoat Republican leaders and an energized Left. He said he expected to win a 10th term next year on the strength of grassroots support that he claims has not wavered.

“Thirteen days out we were up 18 points. Then, Republican leadership turned on me and Steve Stivers attacked me a week out and raised a million-and-a-half dollars for my opponent,” King said, referring to Ohio Rep. Steve Stivers, who last cycle was chairman of the National Republican Congressional Committee, the House GOP campaign arm.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/defiant-steve-king-vows-to-run-for-reelection-unless-im-dead
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Defiant Steve King vows to run for reelection 'unless I'm dead'
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 01:12:04 pm »
It's Iowa's call.  Not the talking heads and power grovelers.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.