Author Topic: Mexico has made cocaine legal. For two people  (Read 183 times)

Offline corbe

Mexico has made cocaine legal. For two people
« on: August 21, 2019, 09:08:50 pm »
Mexico has made cocaine legal. For two people

Advocates called the move 'another step in the fight to construct alternative drug policies,' as Mexico tries to stem decades of bloodshed

In a landmark ruling a judge in Mexico has legalized cocaine — but only for two users.

The order by the judge to the country’s health authority has raised the possibility that Mexico could, at some point, legalize cocaine use, but only on a case-by-case basis.

The ruling still needs to pass a higher court, but a lower court official has ruled that two claimants should be allowed to “possess, transport and use cocaine,” the BBC reports. The pair, who haven’t been identified, would not be allowed to sell the drug, advocacy group Mexico United Against Crime (MUCD) said.

<..snip..>

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/mexico-has-made-cocaine-legal-for-two-people
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Mexico has made cocaine legal. For two people
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 09:46:04 pm »
Yes,  as the article reads, it still needs to pass a higher court. I don't know their justice system. The law would be applied rather strictly as well. They are discussing two individuals in the article.

I know for a short time recreational marijuana use as a tourist industry was discussed per Mexico, but it never came to be as far as I know.

Imagine, actual drug-den types of situations there and say on the border.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 10:10:09 pm »
To see the words 'Mexico and legal' in the same sentence is ironic. EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING is 'legal' in Mexico including murder, depending on who you are, how much money you have, and who you pay. There is no objective 'Law' in Mexico. "Legality" in Mexico and South America is all based on money and power, nothing else.

It is like that in America too, but it is not yet as institutionalized here as it is in other parts of the world. At least in America we still try to at least 'pretend' to have objective law enforcement. Even though we all know that politicians and the super-rich do not have to abide by the same laws as the 'commoners' do.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 01:13:01 am »
   2 people, America and Canada.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.